The most balanced teams will win-take Memphis and Kansas

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The most balanced teams will win-take Memphis and Kansas

Unlike some who think "defense" wins championships, I'm of the theory the most balanced teams win championships. Defensive teams with no "O" won't win nor offensive teams with no "D" will win. OK, so what does that mean. Throw out the extremes...which in the final 8 are UCLA (no offense) and Oregon (no defense). That leaves the other 6 somewhere in between. Here's my take on the best balanced of the rest.

1) Florida (seems to be able to turn it on when it's needed)
    2) Kansas (hitting on all cylinders)
    3) Georgetown (Very balanced, Green might be best player in tourney)
    4) Memphis (excellent D, average O)
    5) North Carolina (Great offense, average D, a bit young)
    6) Ohio State (Good D, average O)

I'm sure others will disagree with my subjective opinions...so with my "ratings" I look for Kansas to defeat UCLA, Memphis to beat Ohio State, Georgetown to beat NC, and Florida to beat Oregon. Enjoy the games

Originally posted by on the money View Post
    Unlike some who think "defense" wins championships, I'm of the theory the most balanced teams win championships. Defensive teams with no "O" won't win nor offensive teams with no "D" will win. OK, so what does that mean. Throw out the extremes...which in the final 8 are UCLA (no offense) and Oregon (no defense). That leaves the other 6 somewhere in between. Here's my take on the best balanced of the rest.

1) Florida (seems to be able to turn it on when it's needed)
    2) Kansas (hitting on all cylinders)
    3) Georgetown (Very balanced, Green might be best player in tourney)
    4) Memphis (excellent D, average O)
    5) North Carolina (Great offense, average D, a bit young)
    6) Ohio State (Good D, average O)
    I'll be the first to politely disagree.

First, UNC's defense is a sieve (as all Roy Williams teams generally are) so I don't know how you can say they are 'average'? Second, since the Pac 10 tournament started, I think Oregon is giving up less than 60 points per game defensively (or thereabouts). I understand your premise that they don't generally play defense, but they have played great defense of late. Third, Kansas is hitting on all cylinders? They turned it over 20 times on Thursday night. If they do that again, UCLA will bury them.

Just some thoughts, good luck with your plays!!! :beerbang:

Comment

OK, will revise my statement, NC D is a sieve as suggest...

Will change my rating to NC defense is a "sieve" as suggested...still have them rated correctly I think...Oregon 60 points per game is in the methodical PAC-10...to me, they play a lot like NC...up and down with lots of 3s...I don't think either NC or Oregon has much in terms of D...the real sleeper D of the group is Memphis...they really can shut people down and at the end of games, that's critical...NC, Oregon no way.

Comment

Working...
      X