Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GTOWN / NC preview

Willi is leaning towards the Hoyas ..

I do believe GTOWN can get it done. NC is not getting 20 offensive rebounds against THE HOYAS which is the only reason they won last night. They shot a lower percentage from the field, they shot 2-14 from 3pt land , and they made 12 of 17 from the free throw line (the tar heels that is). Gtown is much better defending than USC.

Let's get some Hoyas/Heels talk goin
    Keep em in the hole, Down in the hole

NCAA STR PLAYS YTD
    (5-6) -1.5

NCAA 3 PICKS PARLAYS YTD
    (1-1) +1 unit

NCAA ML STR PLAYS YTD
    (0-2) -1 unit

NBA STR PLAYS YTD
    (2-0) +2.5 units

I like your argument in theory.... but in reality, Gtown has absolutely sucked the past two games... if they are ****ty in the 1st half, they will be down by 20 and you can forget coming back against the heels.... To win, Gtown has to establish Hibbert in the paint from the very start of the game... Gtowns recent opponents have been focusing on defending the princeton offense on the outside.... Hibbert has been left to his own devices in the paint.... Gtown must take advantage of this if UNC deploys the same defense.

Comment

G-Town is gonna win tomorrow and that is all I gotta say about that
      NCAAF: 50-39-5 (+6.35 units)
      NFL: 36-35-6 (-2.00 units)
      NHL: 4-8-0 (-2.80 units)
      NCAAB: 7-4 (+1.75 units)

Comment

I think UNC is too deep for GTown here.. If Hibbert gets in foul trouble then they are finished.. I like UNC to win by DDs.
        Overall Records

Each play is to win the # of units posted unless it's a dog then I'm betting that amount.

Comment

Originally posted by GamblinMan03 View Post
          G-Town is gonna win tomorrow and that is all I gotta say about that
          I like your confidence here GM ... I really hope so my man ... And really think they can get it done.

Looking at the matchup

Hibbert - Hansborough
          Green - Wright
          Summers - Terry Green
          Sapp - Ellington
          Wallace - Lawson

Bench : Ewing Jr. ,Crawford - Ginyard,Wes Miller,Thompson
          Definete Advantage CAROLINA -bench

NCAA STR PLAYS YTD
          (5-6) -1.5

NCAA 3 PICKS PARLAYS YTD
          (1-1) +1 unit

NCAA ML STR PLAYS YTD
          (0-2) -1 unit

NBA STR PLAYS YTD
          (2-0) +2.5 units

Comment

on the positive for gtown.... unc is only a 3.5 favorite? line holding steady in the face of pretty decent amount of action on unc... will have to follow the line movement and % closer to game time to be certain though

Comment

Originally posted by Skinsfan View Post
              on the positive for gtown.... unc is only a 3.5 favorite? line holding steady in the face of pretty decent amount of action on unc... will have to follow the line movement and % closer to game time to be certain though

good stuff ... Carolina really struggled shooting the ball yesterday and that scares me when i think about them. They basically won that game on second chance buckets ... Wright, Hansbourogh, Ginyard was active, they are gonna be forced to play a much better all around 2mo . GTown's style should be able to force that. And GTown is gonna rebound the ball , i do know that ..

NCAA STR PLAYS YTD
              (5-6) -1.5

NCAA 3 PICKS PARLAYS YTD
              (1-1) +1 unit

NCAA ML STR PLAYS YTD
              (0-2) -1 unit

NBA STR PLAYS YTD
              (2-0) +2.5 units

Comment

Dickie V just picked the Holes right now.

Give me the HOYAS + the $$$
                NFL 1-2-0 -1.1 units
                NCAAF 13-22-0 -13.5 units

"I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust 'em." - Jim Valvano

Comment

Originally posted by williwonka05 View Post
                  good stuff ... Carolina really struggled shooting the ball yesterday and that scares me when i think about them. They basically won that game on second chance buckets ... Wright, Hansbourogh, Ginyard was active, they are gonna be forced to play a much better all around 2mo . GTown's style should be able to force that. And GTown is gonna rebound the ball , i do know that ..
                  Carolina will try to run and make it an uptempo game, while Gtown will try and play their style of game. If Gtown plays Carolina's style they won't even have a chance in this one. It was mentioned that Gtown will "rebound", just so you are aware, Gtown is 3rd in the NCAA in rebounds allowed and Carolina is 2nd in NCAA in rebounding. So advantage Heels in this category. Carolina bench and depth is an advantage as well. Coaching advantage Heels. My concern with the Heels is they have defensive lapses. In the end, I think the depth of Carolina will overwhelm the Hoyas as they have just too much talent across the board for Gtown to hang with. Heels roll to the W and cover the chalk

Comment

Working...
                  X