Rpi Lunacy

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rpi Lunacy

Can someone explain to me how Georgia Tech beats North Carolina last night yet their RPI falls from 53 to 55????

:nuts:

Originally posted by CuseFan10 View Post
    Can someone explain to me how Georgia Tech beats North Carolina last night yet their RPI falls from 53 to 55????

They were discussing on ESPN how the RPI is far from perfect and should be taken with a grain of salt. They were saying how you can lose a game against the #2 team and move up 5 spots, and win against the #100 team by 40 points and drop 5. It really makes no sense to me to ever have computers rank teams. But I would hope the committee uses the RPI more as a last resort type thing and have followed closely enough to not have to rely on some computer numbers to pick their tourney teams.

Comment

Yea Nitts, I saw Bilas ranting about it and he's right (which he usually is). The only thing dumber than the actual RPI, is the Conference RPI - which is a complete joke (SEC #1?, the SEC is at best the 4th behind the ACC, Big East, and Pac 10).

Comment

Originally posted by CuseFan10 View Post

Completely and totally ridiculous!

Comment

Working...
        X