The Next President of The United States of America

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fish2006 View Post
    Ive seen that video. It is well made. Unfortunatley, there are several logical fallacies, innuendo tricks, and not to mention propaganda tactics in that thing.

You can start by looking into how studies show how minorities (whom the video tries to blame the crisis on) - were steered into sub prime loans even when they qualified for prime. This should not surprise anyone, as lots of financially unsophisticated people entered the market, which is what happens when you expand the mortgage pool.

Brokers, who were comped on yield spread, had every reason to offer "easy doc" loans - and worse, including a lot of the neg am stuff and ARMS, because they could take someone that had a 700 credit score but didnt know better, and make a killing on YSP. There were mortgage brokers across the country making 250k a year plus doing this right out of college from 2004-06.

Funny, the video doesn't talk much at all about the Fitch/Moodys/etc rating agencies, which were not looked at, or the SEC, which was not ordered to look at it. Or Rick Davis, who works for McCain, like *now*, and is in the hip pocket of fannie mae. It kinda cherry picks facts, distorts them, and puts them in a nice package of propaganda in innuendo.

1+1=2. 2 ugly people ******* give you Rosie Odonnel. That does not make 1+1=Rosie Odonnel.

Comment

OBAMA
      • Tax break for everyone under 250k, gets money into economy to people that will spend it.
      • Less faith based government, more reality based government.

Fish if Obama taxes every business that makes over 250k do you realize those businesses will have 2 choices to make. First they can raise the price of goods and services rendered which in turn is a tax on you and I since we will be purchasing these products. now how in the heck does that give you or I more money to put into the economy? Second they will just lay employees off to off set the extra taxes these businesses will be paying. Also Obama has stated he would go back to the tax plan that Clinton used while President. After researching this my family would be paying 4,000 more dollars/year then I do under the Bush plan! Again less money for me to put into the economy.

Look at a few qoutes from our founding fathers about faith/religion:

JOHN ADAMS@JOHN HANCOCK
      We recognize no sovereign but God, and no king but Jesus! April 18,1775

Charles Carroll signer of the Declaration of Independence
      Without morals a republic cannot subsist any length of time: they therefore who are decrying the Christian religion, whose marality is so sublime and pure... and undermining the solid foundation of morals, the best security for the duration of free governments.

Benjamin Franklin
      God governs in the affairs of man. And if a sparrow cannot fall to the ground without his notice, is it probable that an empire can rise without His aid? We have been assured in the Sacred Writings that except the Lord build the house, they labor in vain that build it. I firmly believe this. I also believe that, without His concurring aid, we shall succeed in this political building no better than the builders of Babel.

In the beginning of the contest with Britain, when we were sensible of danger, we had daily prayers in this room for Divine protection. Our prayers, Sir, were heard, and they were graciously answered... do we imagine we no longer need His assistance?

In Benjamin Franklin's 1749 plan of education for public schools in Pennsylvania, he insisted that school's teach "the excellency of the Christian religion above all others, ancient or modern."

Alexander Hamilton

"For my own part, I sincerelyesteem it {the Constitution} a system without the finger of God, never could have been suggested and agreed upon by such a diversity of interests."

I agree that we need more reality based government yet I believe our problems are caused by the lack of faith from our politicians.
      2010 system plays 83-90-7 (-24.1 units)

Comment

I'm voting for RON PAUL!!!!

I will not vote for any of the two and with all the negative press HD been giving to Obama I might change my mind and vote for the guy who gets no positive press coverage here in the Predictem.com Political forum!!!:laughing:

Does it really matter who I'm voting for???? I live in Illinois, enough said!!!!

This is a democratic state, but if it makes you feel better to run out and vote for one of these criminal so be it!!!!:flush:

BB:thumbs:
        "First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win."

Comment

HD, Why don't you start a real poll???

Has my political agenda changed your mind? I would love to know the answer to that one!:laughing:

BB

RON PAUL 2008:beerbang:
          "First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win."

Comment

Oh yeah you Bias son of a bitch where is "OTHER"???:laughing:

YOU GIVE ME THOSE TO **** CLOWNS TO CHOOSE FROM! Do you work for Fox news polling????

Comment

Trying to get my post count up?

Can you tell me how you post those video's?

Thanks

Comment

We have BUD and BUDLIGHT! :beerbang:
                You can order WINE if you want to, but you won't be getting it for at least 4years.
                :beer2:

Comment

Originally posted by BIGBALLER View Post

Benjamin Franklin
                  God governs in the affairs of man. And if a sparrow cannot fall to the ground without his notice, is it probable that an empire can rise without His aid? We have been assured in the Sacred Writings that except the Lord build the house, they labor in vain that build it. I firmly believe this. I also believe that, without His concurring aid, we shall succeed in this political building no better than the builders of Babel.

In the beginning of the contest with Britain, when we were sensible of danger, we had daily prayers in this room for Divine protection. Our prayers, Sir, were heard, and they were graciously answered... do we imagine we no longer need His assistance?

In Benjamin Franklin's 1749 plan of education for public schools in Pennsylvania, he insisted that school's teach "the excellency of the Christian religion above all others, ancient or modern."
                  agree with your points BB, but wanted to point out that Franklin though raised a Presbyterian, he ended up a staunch Deist, having been very disillusioned with organized religion.

:beerbang:
                  :hide:

"Schooly D is fat cake yo."
                  -Big Pimpin-

Comment

Originally posted by homedawg View Post
                    We have BUD and BUDLIGHT! :beerbang:
                    You can order WINE if you want to, but you won't be getting it for at least 4years.

can you promise 4 instead of 8 until we can get some of the wine? :thumbs:
                    :hide:

"Schooly D is fat cake yo."
                    -Big Pimpin-

Comment

Originally posted by Q-Unit View Post

can you promise 4 instead of 8 until we can get some of the wine? :thumbs:
                      Maybe. :beer2: I just don't understand why anyone would waste their time voting if they are not gonna vote for 1 of the 2 only possible outcomes? When was the last time a candidate with no party won the election? :beer2:
                      Last edited by homedawg; 10-03-2008, 04:18 PM.

Comment

I'm surprised there are 2 options, considering the maker of the thread :beer2:

Comment

Originally posted by NittanyLions94 View Post
                          I'm surprised there are 2 options, considering the maker of the thread :beer2:
                          Ha ha.

Let me help Homedawg for the next poll, you know, for bipartisanship purposes:
                          • John War Hero was a POW and loves babies Sidney McCain
                          • Barack Closet Homosexual Islamic America-Hating Baby-Eating Terrorist Hussein Osama Obama

:cheers:
                          可你住在有趣的时代 - May you live in interesting times.

Visit wagertracker and participate in free contests and track your picks.

Comment

Ha ha.

Let me help Homedawg for the next poll, you know, for bipartisanship purposes:
                            • John War Hero was a POW and loves babies Sidney McCain
                            • Barack Closet Homosexual Islamic America-Hating Baby-Eating Terrorist Hussein Osama Obama

:cheers:
                            Now you are learning! Although I would add a few words for McCain!

John War Hero was a POW and loves babies Maverick Patriot Sidney McCain

Comment

the real MAVERICK in the building

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/V8rZWw9HE7o&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/V8rZWw9HE7o&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
                              ****all plays 4.4 units to win 4 units unless otherwise noted****

NBA 20-22 -16.8 units
                              NHL 1-0 +4.0 units
                              MLB 0-1 -4.8 units
                              CFB 12-6-1 +21.6 units

Comment

:beerbang: 1 of my favorite movies of alltime! I was in the corps when that movie came out!

Comment

Working...
                                X