NCAA Tourney Final 2007

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NCAA Tourney Final 2007

no wager for me. I honestly think Florida wins this one and i refuse to bet against THE Ohio State University in this one. The main problem for OSU is going to be once again, Oden not being able to stay on the floor (and you kind of have to assume that seeing he hasn't been able to do it yet). And this time, there are just too many weapons for FLA for OSU to hang without him. OSU's perimeter defense has been very suspect at times, and i think that will come back to haunt them as well. They were leaving GTowns shooters with wide open looks quite a few times in the semis. They also struggled to rebound when Oden was out and Hibbert was in. I think Florida wins this one by about 8-12 points and if this didn't involve OSU, i would be all over Florida. Hope i am wrong, but from a pure basketball standpoint, i am having a hard time seeing it any other way. The ONLY way OSU wins this one is if Oden can stay on the floor and they can get Lewis and Butler going from the outside. They have the quickness to stay with Florida on the perimeter if Oden can play Horford SU inside. But if Oden leaves the floor and OSU has to double team the posts, it's good night irene. I guess i am having a hard time saying that this game will be different with Oden when he has picked up quick fouls about everytime out.

But just like nobody gave Florida a chance (including me) in football, no one is giving OSU a chance in hoops...and as we saw in January, anything is possible in a one game and done finals. Should Oden stay on the floor, i give OSU a good chance to win this one.

And finally, I will say this, though. They are a very good basketball team who has had a great season and is 2-0 in their L2 games vs. the spread vs. 2 very good teams and covered those numbers by a combined 23 1/2 points. Those 2 teams had lost exactly 2 of their last 40+ games combined. If you haven't seen that in their last 2 games and you find yourself still whining about the X game then i really have no respect for your basketball IQ or opinion.

enjoyed the hoops season......best of luck to everyone wagering on the game (actually GL only to those wagering on OSU...if you bet on FLA then you can go f*ck yourself :glass: ). I will be watching this one with the SoCal buckeye nation at our viewing spot.

O-H

GO BUCKS!!!!!!
    I am the M'bah a'Flyers Fan !

Have to disagree wholeheartedly.

I think Oden sees a lot of leeway and plays significant minutes.

The last two teams Florida played were Oregon and UCLA. Ohio State plays nothing like either of those teams.

All the SEC homers are in for a rude awakening tomorrow IMO.
    “So back during college basketball season my buddy Shecky tells me he’s got this system. He says it’s an absolute lock when you have this combination: Big East team, on the road, given less than 6 points with a white point guard.” ---Artie Lange in Beer League

Comment

Originally posted by FlyersFan View Post
      But just like nobody gave Florida a chance (including me) in football, no one is giving OSU a chance in hoops...and as we saw in January, anything is possible in a one game and done finals. Should Oden stay on the floor, i give OSU a good chance to win this one.

Ain't that the truth

Comment

Originally posted by BlazerAndy View Post
        Have to disagree wholeheartedly.

I think Oden sees a lot of leeway and plays significant minutes.

Why?? why all of a sudden is he going to do it tomorrow and more importantly, how do you know that. I mean i hope you're right, but i think that is kind of an assumption that has no basis.

And as someone who obviously follows OSU very closely, they struggle to rebound when Oden isn't in the game. UCLA had nothing for those guys inside from Florida (outrebounded 45-25 and ZERO offensive rebounds through most of the game). If Oden is out, it is going to be a long night for OSU.

I just don't see how someone can wager on OSU with the minutes and the fact that Oden hasn't been able to stay out of foul trouble. Yes OSU is great when he's not on the floor, but not when the other team has Horford and Noah and Bill what's his name off the bench who would start for just about anyone else. IF Oden can stay on the floor then OSU has a very good chance. Just not sure why all of a sudden THE WAY THEY HAVE BEEN REFFING THIS TOURNEY that Oden is going to stay on the floor.

But i will say this, the officiating has just been BRUTAL for most of this tournament and one team seems to always get the shaft. The bull**** ticky tack fouls on Afflalo basically handed the game to Florida when they took UCLA's best offensive player and perimiter defender off the floor. Maybe they will screw Florida and take Horford off the floor. Who knows.....

GO BUCKS!!
        I am the M'bah a'Flyers Fan !

Comment

Gonna be a tough on Flyer....going against my rule of betting for or against my favorite teams and back the Buckeyes in this one....

GL

I-O
          Batman: "If you can't spend it, money's just a lot of worthless paper, isn't it?" :phew:

Comment

Greetings from Atlanta!!!
            Good Luck!

Bucks 72
            gators 68

Comment

And finally, I will say this, though. They are a very good basketball team who has had a great season and is 2-0 in their L2 games vs. the spread vs. 2 very good teams and covered those numbers by a combined 23 1/2 points. Those 2 teams had lost exactly 2 of their last 40+ games combined. If you haven't seen that in their last 2 games and you find yourself still whining about the X game then i really have no respect for your basketball IQ or opinion.
              Ahem...lets not forget the Nigel exemption. I think I am well within my right to think that OSU is a very good basketball team AND whine about the X game and still be respected for what little basketball IQ I have......LOL. Honestly, over the X game. But I'd be lying if I didn't admit that when I've watched OSU play Tenn/Memphis and GTown, the thought didn't cross my mind that, "these guys shouldn't even be here." But that's the nature of the beast in college hoops. Doesn't matter how you got there....as long as you got there. If OSU wins tonight, they absolutely deserve their NC. Regular season Big 10 Champs, Big 10 Tourney Champs, CC, Xavier, Tenn, Memphis and Georgetown....very, very impressive.

Good luck to the Bucks. I'll be rooting for them....I agree that if Oden gets in foul trouble, Horford and Noah will have field days under the glass. Bucks need another HUGE game from Conley.

Have fun tonight, FF.
              "You come at the King, you best not miss." Omar

Comment

If Noah can get Oden in foul trouble early then this one could get ugly. I think OSU has to play the more perfect game if they want to keep it close and have a chance of winning. If OSU is draining the 3's though, then it could be another story. I doubt I'll be on either side, and I don't know who the hell do root for because I hate anything OSU but don't want to hear that Florida is the elite university in all sports. Decisions, decisions.....

Comment

After the brutal attempt at officiating in the final four being finally brought to light, basically shackling the best players on each team with foul trouble except Florida, I think they will be a little more forgiving on the BS fouls tonight. If Oden can stay away from straight up hacking guys, I think he should be ok.

I am personally leaning towards the Ohio St SU win. The team getting touted as the easy winner rarely wins in championship games in college athletics when the other team is on the same level.

Plus the pressure is all on Florida too IMO....to repeat, to win both major sports titles in the same season, and to live up to the hype that they're supposed to win.

Always bet the dog in championship games from my experience. They'll cover WAY more often than not. I went against this with OSU in foots, and lets just say I didn't really enjoy watching the game after the opening kickoff return, lol

But I've pretty much sucked in the tourney, so who knows, or cares, lol....but I know I'm not going to be making the mistake of playing the public fave in a college national title game again tonight. It's either OSU or no play for me...

Comment

Agreed, Stiff....plus, Florida has to deal with all the pub surrounding Donovon to Kentucky. Hasn't seemed to bother them yet...but you have to wonder about all the behind the scenes dynamics regarding the hype, back to back, players leaving if they win/if they don't win, are they going to come back for a three peat if they win?, is Donovon leaving if they win? Etc., etc.

Personally, I just don't want to have to watch Noah tonight if the Gators win...a little of that dude goes a LONG, LONG way.
                    "You come at the King, you best not miss." Omar

Comment

I think the Gators are going to win, too. But 5 points is a lot. I'll prolly stay away or possibly look at the first half under b/c both teams have come out slow in first halfs this year. But Florida is as balanced a team as i've seen in a long time. They got the two big guys, Noah and Horford down low, and if you can shut them down, you have to worry about the long ball from Humphrey, Brewer and Green. And odds are one of them is on fire. Against Oregon, it was Humphrey. Saturday, it was Brewer. Upsets are always possible, but this has been a tourney where everything's gone according to plan, and i think that continues tonight.
                      2011 NCAA Football ATS: 13-4-1
                      2011 NFL: 11-3-2

Support the troops

Comment

On your Bucks tonight FF....Let's hope Oden stays out of foul trouble and hopefully by about midnight we will see you posting your OH - IO...:beerbang:

Comment

It's like deja vu all over again, eh Flyers? I'm laying off tonight too, my small plays don't even compare to the adrenaline rush I get when watching my alma mater try to make history. Should be a great game, best of luck to the Bucks...for what it's worth, I hope Oden does play substantial minutes, so we can truly see who is the best team tonight.

(We already know who the best Coll. FB team is...sorry, had to do it.)

GL Flyers
                          :beerbang:

Comment

Good Luck tonight FLYERS

Will be pulling for your Buckeyes tonight ..

:sm:
                            Keep em in the hole, Down in the hole

NCAA STR PLAYS YTD
                            (5-6) -1.5

NCAA 3 PICKS PARLAYS YTD
                            (1-1) +1 unit

NCAA ML STR PLAYS YTD
                            (0-2) -1 unit

NBA STR PLAYS YTD
                            (2-0) +2.5 units

Comment

no wager for me.
                              O-H

GO BUCKS!!!!!!

I-O

as I stated a couple rounds ago in your thread, I seen this m/u coming... if oden plays a clean game, this is a buck cover, and maybe a s/u win...:beerbang:

Comment

Working...
                              X