Harmonious NCAAB Mon

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Harmonious NCAAB Mon

Crazy couple days for college hoops here as they seem to expand the "celebration" more and more every year. Best of luck to everyone playing tonight. Really think Pitt beats the crap out of Miami OH tonight, but didn't want to lay 13 points. GL guys!

Sides: 10-5 (+4.5 units)
    Totals: 0-1 (-1.1 units)

1 UNIT
    Brown (+12). Neither of these teams are going to be very good IMO, and I just think this is a few too many points for a team that was severely offensively challenged last season, and lost it's two best players to graduation.

Troy (+10). Played Auburn over Troy a couple days ago a cashed it, but Troy play relatively well, they just couldn't contend with Barber. NC Wilmington doesn't have anyone remotely close to that talent level, and I much like above, I think this is just a few too many points for a team to give that is a bunch of new faces.

Central Michigan (-1). Clearly my guy has not updated today and this line has severely moved for me but not update, but I'm playing the home court here as Missouri State plays b2b roadies to open their season. It's got to also be a bit disconcerting for Mizz St that their leading rebounder is an unathletic 6'0'' guard, no?

:thumbs:

Adds

1 UNIT
    Villanova (-20.5). Nova should be able to dictate tempo in this one against the young Rams squad. I just don't see Fordham, who lost at home already to Columbia, being able to hang with the Wildcats and their potent speed.

Toledo (+20). I took them getting 22.5 in Gainesville last week so it would make sense to take them getting 20 at XU. XU has a solid four returning, but the loss of Lavendar can't be overshadowed as great a floor general as he was. I think Toledo can keep this one close enough.

Siena (-12). The Saints can score in bunches and play a crazy, hectic style that I think Boise State buys into and might get them run right off the floor since Siena has far better talent. I wouldn't be surprised if Siena put up 90-100 here and it's never a bad idea to go against a west coast team coming 2500+ miles east to play.

UAB (-9.5). A rather large makeover is going on right now at Santa Clara, and I'm looking for the deep, talented Blazers to take advantage of that tonight. As monstrously important as Lavender was to Xavier, Brody Angley was even more important to the Broncs. The guy played monster minutes, and with tons of heart. TTech transfer White will help them, but he's not eligible until after finals. Vaden will look to impress scouts here in a big way, and he's coming off and awful shooting performance so I think he breaks out.

:thumbs:
    Last edited by CuseFan10; 11-17-2008, 07:15 PM. Reason: added UAB

Comment

gl cuse, I'll be over here shortly:thumbs:

Comment

You dirty rotten bastard...how dare you go against the Mighty Musketeers? How dare you? I keed, I keed. Line looks way too high to me with X's inexperienced backcourt...but its hard to play at the Cintas....sometimes if it looks too high (imho about 5 pts too high), It looks too high for a reason. Toledo, meet Kenny Frease...

Gl cuse...think ur probably on the correct side
        "You come at the King, you best not miss." Omar

Comment

Thanks guys!

Daws- Hope to see ya soon.

Nigel- I'm just following my logic from Toledo's first game. It's not harder to win at Cintas than it is to win down at McConnell (or whatever its called). I can't wait to see Frease myself, but I think the guard transition for XU's might be a little dicey early. Should be interesting. Hopefully, the Rockets give them some good run and shoot their damn FT's better than they did at Florida!

Comment

Nice job getting the best of the number on pretty much all of those.

I would have been on C Mich at -1 and Troy at +10 myself, but at -2.5 and +7.5 till i got around to it, i felt some of the value was gone. Same goes for Pitt. Liked -12, but -14 not so much so. Maybe I'm being anal, but i'm sick and tired of getting screwed by getting bad lines like with Rice the other day.

Did jump on Siena though even at -14, cause i feel like if they cover, it's gonna be a total blowout of 20+

Also grabbed Loyola CHI at +5.5, so that will probably land on 6 :puke:

Anyhow, I've been enjoying your write ups to start the season here. It's alot easier to get "acquainted" with some of these teams by reading stuff from the regulars here, than going looking all over creation.

GL tonight :thumbs:

Comment

Thanks Stiff! My guy has been putting things up I guess around noon and then not updating them for whatever reason. Basically means if I'm betting dogs I get screwed and if I'm betting faves then I'll probably get a bit of value. Not sure how long this will continue with him. He has Okie State at -11 right now, and it's -16 on BetUs, lol... I almost played just because but didn't. I kinda liked UNT anyway. GL tonite!

I'm thinking I might play Cornell and Loyola but, I don't know. See how the early stuff goes first.

Comment

Holy chalk tonight, my god.... So glad I didn't play Pitt, lol... Disaster seems evident.

Comment

gl 2nite cuse, i wanted to back some of those faves too but just dont wanna lay that kinda chalk yet. think im just takin night off

2marrow's slate is lookin nice, u gonna be backin san diego again?, pomare is back and they may be getting another guard, jackson, back as well.

also, i really like CSUN 2marrow, i think stanford is overvalued laying 11 here as the matadors have got some players and should give them a game, i know u faded stanford last game so curious your thoughts here,

gl 2nite :thumbs:

Comment

B- I typically don't look at the card until the day of so not sure on match-ups tomorrow. I'll be around tomorrow after work I'm sure.

Gonna finish up 3-4. The amount of favorites the gave woodshed type beatings tonight is really astounding.

1 UNIT
                    Cal Santa Barbara (-2.5). USU is traditionally god awful away from home and UCSB still has talent there so playing that angle on this one.
                    Last edited by CuseFan10; 11-17-2008, 09:59 PM. Reason: added UCSB

Comment

:bang: Bad add... 3-5 most likely. Hope you guys did better. FAU up on Zona and playing without their best player, lol. Arizona only has two guys who can put the ball in the hoop and they should never be laying DD's to really anyone IMHO, nevermind 22. Interested to see if they come back and blow them out in time, but no one but Budinger can make a shot right now.

St Johns putting up a ton of points too, wow!

Comment

Working...
                      X