Attention Poster Nigel Guy

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Attention Poster Nigel Guy

dude......any thoughts on the Skyline Chili Larosas Pizza Gold Star Chilli Montgomery Inn Aglemesis Rookwood Pottery UDF crosstown shootout tomorrow?

I am shocked at that line....i know the game is always close and a war, but i think that X should win this game by 6-8 points and pull away at the end.

X -1 is a really bizarre line IMO.

But i will defer to the X man....:beerbang:

hopefully that game is on TV nationally....always one of my favorites....i think it's lost a little luster to those outside of the X/UC group when huggy bear left but still a good game.
    Last edited by FlyersFan; 12-12-2008, 06:02 PM.
    I am the M'bah a'Flyers Fan !

Also a personal favorite game of mine to catch each year. ESPN always has it, but it's not usually on a Saturday so I hope this year is more of the same.

Comment

I'm seeing the line at -2.5 right now.....and I'm not sure, at this point, what I think. X's next three games are going to be rough. They are @ UC today, @ Duke north (Meadowlands) next Saturday and Butler @ home the following Wednesday. This is a tough stretch for X. On the one hand, I've watched every minute of every X game this year....and they are not the No. 9 or No. 10 team in the country....but their resume thus far this year does support the ranking with the win in Puerto Rico.

As of now, FF, I'm waiting on the total. If it is anywhere near 130, I'm going UNDER. These two teams are very big and physical. UC is leading the Big East in rebounding, as is X in the A10. Both teams also play very good defense (with the exception of X in the 2nd half of the Auburn game after they got up 22) Recent history would indicate this game will resemble a rugby game moreso than a basketball game.

Deonta Vaughn can score for UC. X can get its points from Derrick Brown, B.J. Raymond and CJ Anderson. But points will definitely be at a premium tonight. I forsee a game much like last year's, when the score was 64-59. The only total I've seen thus far was 128, but I'm not sure how accurate that is....if that's the number, I'm going under.

X should win....UC is getting better, but they aren't quite there yet. However, this rivalry has not been kind to the ranked team and this will be a nice OOC win for UC should they get the job done.

The rivalry lost a lot of its bitterness when Skip Prosser became X's coach because he and Huggs were friends (I've yet to see anyone say or write anything negative about Prosser....that guy was beloved by everyone). Miller and Cronin are good friends too. However, the players are familiar with one another from playing summer league in Cincy.

The side is a tough call....but like I said, right now, I'm eyeing the under.

BTW, the game will be on ESPN2 tonight at 8:00 p.m.

Be back later after I see the line movement, etc.
      "You come at the King, you best not miss." Omar

Comment

UC +2 1/2....more i think about this the more i smell upset city here....this game always goes down to the wire and is usually good for a surprise too.

O/U at 132 and im looking Under and UC right now.

Anyone rolling on this one?

and what the heck kind of X fan is Nigel when he doesn't even come by before the game to talk trash about UC....:ohman:

Comment

I just locked in Cincy +3. :thumbs:

Comment

Originally posted by FlyersFan View Post
            UC +2 1/2....more i think about this the more i smell upset city here....this game always goes down to the wire and is usually good for a surprise too.

O/U at 132 and im looking Under and UC right now.

Anyone rolling on this one?
            Like the plays FF.

Historical tidbits...

UC after allowing 80 points or more are 1-9 O\U L 3 yrs.

&

after scoring 80 points or more are 0-6 O\U same time frame.

I played UC at +2.5 -103 and on the ML at +128.

Also played the Under at 127. Should have waited I guess 'cuz here's some line movement...
            Code:
            o126 -105 /u126 -105 Opener 12/13/2008 4:34PM
            o127 -105 / u127 -105 12/13/2008 5:06PM
            o128 -105 / u128 -105 12/13/2008 5:25PM
            o128.5 -105 / u128.5 -105 12/13/2008 5:37PM
            o129 -105 / u129 -105 12/13/2008 5:51PM
            o130 -105 / u130 -105 12/13/2008 5:53PM
            o131 -105 / u131 -105 12/13/2008 5:56PM
            o132 -105 / u132 -105 12/13/2008 6:32PM
            o132.5 -105 / u132.5 -105 12/13/2008 7:02PM
            o132 -105 / u132 -105 12/13/2008 7:07PM
            Make a few more today than you made or lost yesterday

Comment

what's up Mike....:beerbang:

i am going to play that same card.

Played the UNDER 132, UC +125 and UC +3 -115

GL to everyone!

Comment

Damn.....Dante Jackson with 13 in the first half...didn't see that coming....still like the under the game. But UC is clearly outclassed in this one...looking at the 2nd half lines....probably lean under.....

X-A-V-IER!!!

oh, btw.....UC SUCKS!!!! Every UC fan in Cincy still thinks X is UC's little brother....do you guys think so? As a biased fan, I think not....
                "You come at the King, you best not miss." Omar

Comment

The ONLY thing that might make UC more desirable is that they're in the Big East. They haven't been the "little brother" all decade and any kid who's like 15-16 and not from Cincy would much rather play at XU in my opinion if those were his two choices.

Comment

Originally posted by CuseFan10 View Post
                    The ONLY thing that might make UC more desirable is that they're in the Big East. They haven't been the "little brother" all decade and any kid who's like 15-16 and not from Cincy would much rather play at XU in my opinion if those were his two choices.
                    X has won 8 of L12 meetings......UC hasn't really done anything since Kenyon Martin and crew left.....heck of a program in the 50's and 60's though. Anyone remember the old METRO conference....:beerbang:

yeah and X hasn't lost a football game since 1973......:laughing:

not real sure i would want to be walking around the neighborhoods around X at night though.....:blackeye:

Comment

Working...
                    X