• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wednesday college hoops

Best Bets (3-1)(+5.70)
    Strong Plays (6-4)(+3.20)
    Regular Plays (10-9)(+0.10)

Overall (19-14)(+9.00)

Another solid night going 3-2 and picking up another 2.80 units. 3-2 not a great record, but two of those wins were my strong plays while I went 1-2 on my regular plays. I am very happy so far. My plus units might not seem like a huge deal to most, but then again my largest plays are three units. I have always told people before that I am a very small gambler. This is just fun, a challenge and something for me to do and I don’t risk a ton of money doing it.

Posting early today since I have work from 11:30 until 8:30 tonight and will not be home. Here is what I have come up with for Wednesday.

Makes me a little nervous playing Wednesday when I don’t have as much time to research games before going to work, but I have found a few that I like.

Ohio +10 vs Miami-Ohio (best bet)……………..Only my fifth best bet of the season so far, but I like it. I don’t think there is any doubt that Miami on their home court is the better team, but my numbers tell me these two clubs don’t get involved in too many blowouts. Ohio seems to stick with teams and Miami keeps teams in games. I am sure schedules have much to do with it, but if you take the points for/against for both teams then this seems seams to be off by about 5-6 points. Just don’t see a double digit win for Miami-Ohio. Should be a tight one where the points come into play.

Hofstra +4 vs Drexel (best bet)…………..Usually when I do best bets I do them in pairs, that way a split I only lose the juice. This one very well might be the sucker bet of the night, but I have to try it. Hofstra is simply the better team here….even on the road, but of course there must a reason why Drexel is favored and that always scares me. I think Hofstra should win this game, but I am going to get bold and say Drexel wins, but does not cover this low line. I hope I am wrong though and Hofstra blows them out.

Maryland +8 vs Miami-Florida (strong play)………………..According to my numbers/stats, these two teams are very equal and the only difference is home court advantage and there are very few (if any) college basketball teams that have that a big of an advantage playing at home and Miami is certainly not one of them. ACC is very competitive and you can look for a battle just about every night. Just too many points for Miami to lay in this one.

Syracuse +6 vs Georgetown (strong play)……………This could be sucker bet number two of the night. Growing up all I can remember is these two playing games coming down the the final few possessions and this certainly has the makings of one of those types of games. Don’t care to go against the lower ranked giving the higher ranked points theory, but that is not 100% winners or we would all be rich wouldn’t we? Just smell another tight one with the points coming into play.

Wake Forest -4 vs Boston College (regular play)……………..Guess it all depends on which BC team shows up. Something just does not feel right about BC lately and I think there troubles will continue vs an excellent Wake team, although this is college hoops and an upset would not shock me, that is why this is just a one unit play.

Wyoming +6 vs San Diego St (regular play)……………Two pretty decent teams record wise and I feel this game should be closer to a pick at Wyoming. I have always said home court means more in college basketball than any other sport, so in a game where I don’t see much of a difference in the teams, home court, plus the six points should be a winner.

Better stop there. There are a few others that have peaked my interest, but I am going to lay off those games. For those interested they were S Florida, Mississippi and Michigan State, but I am not playing those. Just curious how they would have done though.

Good Luck Everybody!!

BOL to ya Mark.....:thumbs:
    Batman: "If you can't spend it, money's just a lot of worthless paper, isn't it?" :phew:

Comment

Working...
    X