• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• thursday college hoops

Best Bets (4-2)(+5.40)
    Strong Plays (7-5)(+3.00)
    Regular Plays (12-9)(+2.10)

Overall (23-16)(+10.50)

4-2 last night picking up 1.50 units. Like I said before, not getting rich, but slowly adding to the bankroll. With my system of plays (3,2 and 1 units) I am not going to make a fortune, but on the other hand if and when I hit a losing streak, it does not destroy me either. I split my best bets, split my strong plays and won the regular plays, so overall I am happy with that.

Thursday is one of my jinx days along with Saturday. The Pac-10 has not been good to me over the years, yet I keep playing those games and like them a lot. I think Saturdays there are just too many games and I have trouble concentrating. Enough rambling…..here are today’s hopeful winners.

Boise St +8 vs Nevada (best bet)………………..I might be way of base here, but this line is a joke. There are no injuries that I am aware of either to justify this line. Boise seems to play well vs Nevada and they are the better team this year. The only reason Nevada has a chance to win this game outright is because they are at home and I know their home court value is not eight points. This pick is as solid as it gets for me. Boise wins outright or they lose by three or less points.

Denver +8.5 vs N Texas (best bet)…………….Again, I just don’t see much difference between these two clubs. I do think NTU is the better team, but barely and home court by itself does not justify a line this high. If you take the average score of these teams PF/PA these guys seems to play on average dead even games. The generous 8.5 points should come into play and give me hopefully my second best bet winner of the night.

Minnesota +6.5 vs Wisconsin (strong play)…………………The Badgers have always been one of the tougher venues to win at, but they just don’t feel like the same team to me this year. On the other hand Minny has just been impressive and I really think they have what it takes to go into Wisky and pull this game out…..of course I will gladly grab the points just in case I am wrong. Minny I think is just the better team at this point in the season, so I have to jump on those points. Should go down to the final minutes.

Idaho +8 vs New Mexico St (strong play)……………I will admit that I don’t know very much about either team other than what I have read on the net this morning. I know in years past NM St has been super tough at home and they are certainly capable of blowing this one wide open, but my gut tells me different. Idaho is only 7-8, but NM St is only 8-9. Like most of my plays above I am taking the dog in games where I feel it is either even or the dog might even be the better team and I think with this games they are over valuing the home court edge. Just my opinion, we will find out after tonight.

Citadel pick vs Furman (regular play)…………………I must be crazy betting a game like this from these real, real small conferences, but my numbers tell me this line is way off and that Citadel as long as they don’t sleep walk through this game should win by double digits. Almost looks too easy and one of those sucker bets. I have fallen for those before and it won’t be the last time either. Call me a sucker, but I will try it.

Cal Davis +7 vs Cal Fullerton (regular play)………………..Not going to waste all my time with this write-up. Very similar to my way of thinking on most of my bets tonight.

I hate Thursdays. Every Thursday these games look easy to me and I take a beating. One of these weeks I will learn to take Thursday off from college hoops.

Don’t know if I will play anything on Friday or not. Only three games scheduled and they don’t look very appealing. I am actually off work this Saturday, so I will be around to post some plays for Saturday afternoon which I usually skip.

I normally work Saturday and take the day off from gambling and bet on Sunday when I am off, but for the next month I am off Saturdays and working Sunday, so I will switch my betting days around.

Good Luck Everybody!!

GL Mark....got Denver and Citadel on a teaser and like Minney too! :thumbs:
    Batman: "If you can't spend it, money's just a lot of worthless paper, isn't it?" :phew:

Comment

Working...
    X