Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SaTURDay

Wrong St +2

Line looks like it's begging for Butler action here, with them basically only needing the SU win to cover. 3rd straight roadie for them though, and Wrong St is drastically improved since their disastrous 0-6 start to the season. They only have 3 losses since, @ Wake Forest, @ Cleveland St, and @ Butler. A quality home team with revenge working in conference play, and falls into the SCRF system. All these factors make me feel this has a much better chance of cashing than not...

Gonzaga -5

I think a young Memphis team finds out what it's like to truly go on the road tonight, against a seasoned (and better than them) Gonzaga squad. They have played most of their games at home, and when they did go on the road vs someone decent, they lost. By 5 @ Xavier and 9 at G'town. To their credit they did beat Tennessee on the road, but clearly the Vols aren't what they were in the past few years.

IMHO, this will be by far the toughest game Memphis has faced this year, and I wouldn't be surprised to see the Zags break this wide open at some point. But even if not, I feel they should cover the -5 @ home, where they rarely lose up against a team who imo hasn't really faced as hostile an environment as they will tonight combined with a team who is as good as the team they are facing. Xavier being the only situation where I think you might be able to make an argument against that, but that trip was only from Tennessee to Ohio, not all the way to Washington.

2 units each

I would have also played St Mary's -4 @ Santa Claus, but they have revenge vs the Zags on deck, and don't want to catch them on the road looking ahead without their best player, even though I feel they are still a solid team without him. Basically avoided that one because of the spot.

Suck

Comment

Working...
    X