Nigel's A10 Saturday 2/21/09

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nigel's A10 Saturday 2/21/09

Huge card today....going to try to pick and choose wisely.

First play today....

URI -17.5 @ Fordham -- 2 units -- Fordham has completely shut it down for the season. Whittenburg has even been quoted as saying he doesn't know why Fordham is in the A10 because they can't compete. Look at Fordham's last 4 losses...

Sat, Jan 31 Saint Louis L 58-88
    Sat, Feb 7 at Geo. Washington L 62-87
    Wed, Feb 11 Massachusetts L 68-91
    Sat, Feb 14 at (14) Xavier L 53-88
    Wed, Feb 18 at Temple L 45-72

On the flip side, URI still has an outside shot at tying for the A10 regular season championship. URI has been playing some good basketball lately...URI has won 7 of their last 8, with the only loss coming at Temple by 6 points. URI has Dayton coming to town on Wednesday in a game with huge implications in the A10...normally I may be concerned about this being a trap or look ahead situation for URI....but Fordham is so bad right now, I don't think it really matters.

Think URI wins this one by 20+....just like the above listed games would indicate.

GL!!
    "You come at the King, you best not miss." Omar

BOL today Nigel! :thumbs:

Fordham probably should be in the MAAC.

Comment

GL Nigel :thumbs:
      Champagne for my real friends, real pain for my sham friends...

Comment

Whoa....URI hits a late 3 to get the cover after having a 26 point lead dwindled down to 16 with less than a minute to play.

Think I'm going to play the entire A10 card today.

Creepy Crawlers -4.5 v. Charlotte -- 2 units

Bad, bad spot for Charlotte here. Coming off a HUGE win Thursday night....less than a 2 day turn around and have to travel to Richmond. Richmond is one game up on Charlotte in the A10 and will want to keep it that way. Richmond not an easy place to play and their style and tempo could drain a team less energized after a huge win less than 2 days ago. Charlotte has been playing much better of late....Richmond played UD closely @ UD last weekend and had a nice road win @ LaSalle on Wednesday.

Just don't like this spot for Charlotte.

GL!

Comment

Nigel- GL!...:thumbs:

Only a few more weeks until the Reds are officially eliminated from the wildcard....:beerbang:

lmao at anyone in Cincinnati who thinks adding a guy who bats .230 and steals 50 bases (most of which are in like 3 games) is going to make up 19 games in the division and 14 in the wildcard.....:laughing:

Reds are still a trainwreck.....
          I am the M'bah a'Flyers Fan !

Comment

Originally posted by FlyersFan View Post
            Nigel- GL!...:thumbs:

Only a few more weeks until the Reds are officially eliminated from the wildcard....:beerbang:

lmao at anyone in Cincinnati who thinks adding a guy who bats .230 and steals 50 bases (most of which are in like 3 games) is going to make up 19 games in the division and 14 in the wildcard.....:laughing:

Reds are still a trainwreck.....

Pirates signed two guys who won a reality show :thumbs:
            Keep em in the hole, Down in the hole

NCAA STR PLAYS YTD
            (5-6) -1.5

NCAA 3 PICKS PARLAYS YTD
            (1-1) +1 unit

NCAA ML STR PLAYS YTD
            (0-2) -1 unit

NBA STR PLAYS YTD
            (2-0) +2.5 units

Comment

Spiders sucking an early dick...hopefully they can play a good 2H...gonna be tough to cover that 4 the way they are playing, especially in a low scoring game.

Comment

It would be nice if the Spiders could close this one out...

Going to play the final A10 game of the night....

SLU +1.5 v. Dayton -- 2 units

Originally, I was liking Dayton in tonight's game having a full week to rest heading into this one. Problem is....Dayton got two players injured in Thursdays and Fridays practices that will likely be out....if not, seriously hampered.

UD beat SLU at home by 1. Since then, Dayton has taken the lead in the A10 and have the target squarely on their back....also, Rob Lowery was lost for the season. And this week, the Flyers got late week injuries with Paul Williams and Chris Johnson. Williams bruised a calf Thursday and didn't practice Friday. Williams strained a groin in Friday's practice. Majerus needs to take advantage of this and try to get Dayton into foul trouble. Dayton's strength has been their depth....they won't have it tonight in a hostile environment.

SLU has been playing well at home lately and I think they will be ready to knock off a Top 25 team at home tonight.

GL!!

Comment

Who dey!! 3-0 +6 units....I'll take it.

FF, I know you aren't trying to rub salt in the wounds.....but bringing up the Reds...in February....God. If they can stay in contention for the wildcard by July 4th, its reason for celebration.

And its sad....the city of Cincinnati virtually closes down for opening day. The local media doesn't even mention Xavier....its Reds, Bengals and then UC. The locals celebrate opening day like crazy in Cincy. Its actually something any sports fan would appreciate.

Jesus, you bring up the Reds on the day I go 3-0...lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Nigel Tufnel View Post

Jesus, you bring up the Reds on the day I go 3-0...lol.
                    FF is that guy that would walk in while you're nailing Jenna Jameson and say, "Dude you know you got crabs or worse now don't you?"

:laughing:

nice day Nigel :beerbang:
                    :hide:

"Schooly D is fat cake yo."
                    -Big Pimpin-

Comment

Originally posted by Q-Unit View Post
                      FF is that guy that would walk in while you're nailing Jenna Jameson and say, "Dude you know you got crabs or worse now don't you?"

:laughing:

nice day Nigel :beerbang:
                      :bang: :bang: :bang:
                      Attached Files
                      ****all plays 4.4 units to win 4 units unless otherwise noted****

NBA 20-22 -16.8 units
                      NHL 1-0 +4.0 units
                      MLB 0-1 -4.8 units
                      CFB 12-6-1 +21.6 units

Comment

Originally posted by Nigel Tufnel View Post

FF, I know you aren't trying to rub salt in the wounds.....but bringing up the Reds...in February....God. If they can stay in contention for the wildcard by July 4th, its reason for celebration.

lol.
                        dude- i grew up in cincy....the ONLY time worth mentioning the reds IS in February....:laughing:

nice work today.....spiders rallied for us...:beerbang:

Comment

Originally posted by dananderson32 View Post
                          :bang: :bang: :bang:
                          Good Lord man, couldnt you at least have found some mid to late 90s pics before she ate plastic spoons for dinner?

damn.
                          :hide:

"Schooly D is fat cake yo."
                          -Big Pimpin-

Comment

Originally posted by FlyersFan View Post
                            dude- i grew up in cincy....the ONLY time worth mentioning the reds IS in February....:laughing:

nice work today.....spiders rallied for us...:beerbang:
                            My buddy who I wager with (I call him BCOD...black cloud of death) told me he would only play the A10 wagers that I was confident enough to post on this forum....I was talking to him prior to the SLU game and he asked me who I liked....he was on the internet when I told him I liked SLU...he asked me if I had posted it on predictem....I told him I had and he started reading this thread....when he read your post about the Reds he just started cracking up. Its funny but its sad. You are right....the most exciting part of the Reds' season is before it starts.....I don't know if people in Cincy are admirable or stupid....they love them some Reds and Bengals....but they don't even know Xavier exists....I'm convinced it will take nothing short of an X final four or national championship game before Cincy even acknowledges X exists within the corporation limits of Cincinnati. It isn't happening this year...I actually see an early exit for X in the tourney this year...no guard play....next year....I predict big, big things. X will be top heavy at the guard spot next year....oh, and Jordan Crawford won't hurt....at all.

Comment

Working...
                            X