Nigel's A10 Picks -- Wed. 2/25/2009

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nigel's A10 Picks -- Wed. 2/25/2009

Had a nice day Saturday with the A10 going 3-0, so I'm hoping to keep it up....I'm opposites of some good cappers here, so that kind of scares me, but I likes what I likes....

SLU -1 @ Bonaventure -- 2 units -- Normally don't like giving the points on the road in conference play, but I like SLU in this spot. They have been playing very well of late and really built a lot of confidence after winning 6 of their last 7 including knocking off Dayton on Saturday. This isn't a look ahead or trap game as SLU will have the weekend off before heading to Duquesne next Wednesday. SLU is still in the running for a bye in the A10 tourney if they can hold serve tonight...lose and they will have to win 4 in 4 in the A10 tourney. This is a much bigger game for SLU tonight than the Bonnies and I look for Lisch and Liddell to step up the senior leadership and grind out a hard fought victory and cover.

URI -6 v. Dayton -- 1 unit -- HUGE game tonight for URI. They let X get away earlier in the season with a 2 point win in Kingston....don't think that will happen tonight. This is a bit of a play against UD as well. I don't think they are the same team without Lowery. London Warren simply is an offensive liability. URI, not known for the their defense, will only have to focus on 4 Dayton offensive players. I have never....never in my life seen a point guard with lesser shooting skills than Warren....teams literally sag 4-5 feet off him when he is 18+ feet away from the hoop. URI is still jockeying for a bye in the tourney and I think they will get a quality home win that that has been avoiding them the last couple years when X has come to Kingston.

Charlotte pickem @ GW -- 2 units -- The 49ers had a let down @ Richmond on Saturday, but they have come back from a lot of early season injuries and have been playing much better of late. They beat GW by 18 @ Charlotte on Feb. 14th...normally this type of line would scare me....but I'm going to ride with who I think is the better team playing better basketball.

I lean to UMASS tonight, but they are so schizophrenic....its just too hard to try to predict which team will show up.

GL!!
    "You come at the King, you best not miss." Omar

2 units URI -2 2nd half -- UD shoots 63% and 3/3 from the 3 point line and are down 8....too many turnovers for UD...I'll take more turnovers in the 2nd half but don't think the shooting will continue.

GL!

Comment

To quote Ralphie in A Christmas Story......"fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuudge." Except it wasn't fudge...it was the grandaddy of all curse words.

Won 6 units Saturday only to turn around and lose 7 units today. Poop. SLU **** the bed. Charlotte/GW was down to the wire...that's an Oh well.....As for UD/URI, I give the Criers all the credit in the world....they shouldn't have been in that game...they had more heart, desire and will than URI. The game was @ URI and that's how they pulled out the game.

Oh well, got to get that back tomorrow...and I am already looking closely at X -3.5 and liking that matchup for X.

GL!!

Comment

Working...
      X