Field of 65... 8 spots up for grabs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Field of 65... 8 spots up for grabs

Ok, I got my little RPI problem worked out and did some work. As I personally see it, there's 12 spots (really only 8) still up for grabs. Of the 53 I have in the tournament, no matter what, the only one I think I'm being lenient on is South Carolina. If they lost out (@Vandy, Tenn, @ UGA), they wouldn't make it. Anyway, here goes:

21 ONE BID CONFERENCES (amazing how high the number is and it could grow to 23 w/ Conf USA and the WCC).

America East, Atlantic Sun, Big Sky, Big West, Big South, Colonial, Horizon, Ivy, MAAC, MAC, MEAC, Mizz Valley, Northeast, Ohio Valley, Patriot, Southern, Southland, SWAC, Summitt, Sun Belt, WAC.

Of those 21 conferences, IMHO there's only two that could get at-larges. Butler obviously for sure would. And I think Siena (24 RPI, 69 SOS) deserves one too, but not sure if they'd get the nod or not. They should, especially after their showing last year, and they only have one bad loss all season, and it was on the road to Rider. Utah State (28, 133) is not getting an at large bid cause of their piss poor non-conference schedule, and Davidson (65, 143) isn't either since they don't have any quality wins. Creighton (65, 143) doesn't have the numbers needed either.

32 OTHER TEAMS IN
    Big East (7) - Pittsburgh, Connecticut, Louisville, Villanova, West Virginia, Syracuse, Marquette
    ACC (6) - North Carolina, Duke, Clemson, Wake Forest, Florida State, Boston College
    Big 12 (3) - Oklahoma, Kansas, Missouri
    Big 10 (3) - Michigan State, Illinois, Purdue
    Pac 10 (4) - Washington, Arizona State, California, UCLA
    SEC (4) - LSU, Tennessee, Florida, South Carolina
    MWC (2) - Utah, BYU
    Conf USA (1) - Memphis
    A-10 (1) - Xavier
    WCC (1) - Gonzaga

4 OTHERS IN - WOULD NEED SMALL MIRACLE NOT TO MAKE IT
    Wisconsin (29 RPI, 4 SOS)... 6 game losing streak is brutal, but will go 2-1 worst to get 10 Big 10 wins.
    Ohio State (46, 27)... Should go 2-1 again, ditto above.
    Oklahoma State (32, 15)... SOS should get them thru a 1-2 finish. Beating Texas Sat locks them in for sure.
    Texas (38, 38)... Could go 1-2, but still has solid numbers and losses would be to tourney bound teams.

LEAVES 8 SPOTS
    Mid Majors
    UAB (40, 71) punches it's ticker byt beating Memphis tonight. or in the conference tournament obviously.
    Saint Mary's (50, 134) probably gets in if Mills can return, if not - it's adios.
    Dayton (33, 116) quite honestly has me perplexed. Temple (37, 53) is more deserving.
    San Diego State (53, 60) vs UNLV (49, 68) coming soon, winner is most likely in. Loser is in deep ****.

Major Conferences
    Cincinnati (56, 25) would get HUGE boost by beating WVU. Wins then @USF and home vs SHU gets 10 BE wins.
    Notre Dame (73, 52) doesn't deserve anything, IMHO but they're lingering.
    Miami (46, 10) needs to win out to get to 8-8 in ACC.
    Virginia Tech (52, 39) has brutal schedule and won't make it IMHO.
    Maryland (58, 23) needs to not lose and get some help probably.
    Minnesota (36, 50) will lose tonite then needs both home games vs MICH and WISC.
    Penn State (61, 81) and Michigan (55, 18) need to not lose for awhile, lol...
    Texas A&M (34, 31) saved for now with the NEBR win. 2-1 gets them to 8-8 in conf and probably in.
    Mississippi (69, 21) needs to win out and get couple in the conference tourney.
    Kentucky (63, 74) has LSU and @FLA. Win both and they're in, lose one who knows?
    USC (47, 13) needs one of the two this weekend, then sweep the Oregons at home. SOS # is asset.
    Arizona (44, 36) has won 7 of 8, needs one on the Washington trip, and win home games to be 3-1 and 10 of 12.

:thumbs:
    Last edited by CuseFan10; 02-26-2009, 05:57 PM.

Don't see Penn St

I'm looking to go against them down the stretch
    and Maryland ....
    Keep em in the hole, Down in the hole

NCAA STR PLAYS YTD
    (5-6) -1.5

NCAA 3 PICKS PARLAYS YTD
    (1-1) +1 unit

NCAA ML STR PLAYS YTD
    (0-2) -1 unit

NBA STR PLAYS YTD
    (2-0) +2.5 units

Comment

why is tennessee not on the bubble?

Comment

UAB Bubbler

If they hang on and win this game

" IF "

That would be 20-8 overall record

a win over Arizona and Memphis
        a pretty decent SOS

THey are getting hot at the right time. This will be 10 wins in their last 11

IF they win this game .. i'm saying " IF "

NCAA STR PLAYS YTD
        (5-6) -1.5

NCAA 3 PICKS PARLAYS YTD
        (1-1) +1 unit

NCAA ML STR PLAYS YTD
        (0-2) -1 unit

NBA STR PLAYS YTD
        (2-0) +2.5 units

Comment

Originally posted by Daws1089 View Post
          why is tennessee not on the bubble?
          yeah seriously....they have the #1 SOS but how about beating somebody on it
          I am the M'bah a'Flyers Fan !

Comment

:bang:
            Originally posted by BUNK MORELAND View Post
            If they hang on and win this game

" IF "

That would be 20-8 overall record

a win over Arizona and Memphis
            a pretty decent SOS

THey are getting hot at the right time. This will be 10 wins in their last 11

IF they win this game .. i'm saying " IF "
            :bang:

SCRATCH THAT ... UAB sucked the last 5 minutes

ONE BID LEAGUE AGAIN for CONFERENCE USA

NCAA STR PLAYS YTD
            (5-6) -1.5

NCAA 3 PICKS PARLAYS YTD
            (1-1) +1 unit

NCAA ML STR PLAYS YTD
            (0-2) -1 unit

NBA STR PLAYS YTD
            (2-0) +2.5 units

Comment

Originally posted by FlyersFan View Post
              yeah seriously....they have the #1 SOS but how about beating somebody on it
              UAB, Siena, and Temple have since blown any shot at getting an at-large, in my opinion.

Tennessee is in easily, come on. #1 SOS and they're gonna have 20 wins.

Comment

Working...
              X