• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Michigan St

not out of the running for a number 1 seed

If they can beat Purdue in the reg season final
    and win the big ten tourney

Michigan St hasn't lost two in a row all year ..
    Losses are to

NW
    Penn St
    maryland
    Purdue
    and
    North Carolina ...

If right now the # 1 seeds are :
    Pitt,Okla,Uconn,NC,

i think the 2's are :
    Memphis
    Michigan St
    Duke
    Louisville

KANSAS is making a claim for a 2 seed, if they beat Texas in their finale they will win the B-12 outright. Hell of a coaching job by Bill Self in my opinion ....
    There is a lot of basketball to be played

3's
    Kansas
    Wake - they have a win over Duke and a win over NC
    LSU - they finish up with VANDY at home and @ Auburn ..that will be 12 in a row for LSU ..
    Villanova

4 seeds
    Purdue
    Xavier- Good non conference wins for them over Missouri,Memphis,LSU...
    Washington
    UCLA

5 seeds
    Clemson
    Missouri
    Florida St
    Marquette

6 seeds
    Syracuse
    BYU
    Arizona St
    Gonzaga

7 seeds
    Illinois
    Butler
    Utah
    Texas

I feel Villanova took a step back towards a 4 maybe even 5 seed, Illinois has fallen to a 6 or even 7 seed ... Missouri getting blown out today is not good for a team who was in the talks for a 3 or a 4 ..Dominic James going down kills marquette.. they have to go to Pitt on Wednesday.. .Marquette was a 2-4 seed a week ago. now looking more like a 5-7

There is a ton of hoops to be played

FSU with an upset of Duke in a couple days can really put them in the talks for a 5 or 6 seed, they are hot basketball team right now and my other team that i got my eye on is PURDUE .. They are looking real nice right now .. Healthy and playing well at exactly the right time ...
    Cincinatti is done, it's all she wrote for the bearcats in my opinion,ND bubble has burst
    Michigan is done, i don't wanna hear about them on the bubble no more ..(8-9) in the league
    Last edited by BUNK MORELAND; 03-02-2009, 08:52 PM.
    Keep em in the hole, Down in the hole

NCAA STR PLAYS YTD
    (5-6) -1.5

NCAA 3 PICKS PARLAYS YTD
    (1-1) +1 unit

NCAA ML STR PLAYS YTD
    (0-2) -1 unit

NBA STR PLAYS YTD
    (2-0) +2.5 units

While I like your optimism about Xavier, I'd be shocked if they can get a 3 seed. Its possible...but improbable. I certainly think they'll beat UD Thursday at home and I also think they can win @ Richmond next Sunday....but I just don't see them winning the A10 tourney...especially if they win out in the regular season. I see them winning out in the regular season...but losing in the A10 semifinals or finals and getting a 4,5 seed.

As much as it pains me to say this, I see X as an early out in this year's tourney. What has made them strong in the past will bite them in the arse this year.....why the Elite 8 last year? Drew Lavender and Stanley Burrell....good, solid guard play....what is X's biggest weakness this year? Guard play....what does it take to make a nice run in the tourney? Good guard play.

X loses in the 2nd round this year....but....but....if Derrick Brown stays in school, I honestly think X will be a Final Four caliber team next year. Lose CJ and BJ....gain...Jordan Crawford.

BTW, on a separate note...has anyone had the chance to see Brad Redford play for Xavier? He is the best pure shooter in X's history. Kid is sick. Get a deep strong back court next year with Crawford, Halloway and Lyons in the back court next year....holy ****. The kid has 27 foot range....he is absolutely sick. He is absolutely a "no help" player....even if he is 30 feet from the basket. If you get a chance to see him play, you'll remember him. As a freshman, he is leading the A10 in 3 point shooting at 49%. As a frosh, he is clearly one dimensional...can't wait to see if/how he progresses.
    Last edited by Nigel Tufnel; 03-01-2009, 11:58 PM.
    "You come at the King, you best not miss." Omar

Comment

Bunk, you should be on the committee. I really have to agree with your seeds there.
      NCAAF '12: 11-16-0, -7.90 units.
      O/U:4-2, +1.80 units.
      Teasers:
      Rothstein's leans:
      Double Digit Home Dogs:9-7-1, +1.30 units.
      NCAAB '11-'12: 128-123-0, -10.80 units.
      O/U: 46-38, +2.80 units.
      Rothstein's "leans":
      Double Digit Home Dogs: 36-20-3, +13.10 units.

Comment

Originally posted by Nicky Santoro View Post
        Bunk, you should be on the committee. I really have to agree with your seeds there.
        Nicky, thanks pal ...

I think FSU is the team to watch .. If they go to Duke and win and have a good run in the acc tourney they can get up to a 4 seed ....

Right now i feel Duke is a 2 based on where i feel the committee will put them .. I think Kansas is more deserving right now ..

Xavier and LSU i feel should be 3 seeds if they win their respective tourneys

You can't over look X's non conference wins and LSU will go into the tourney on a 15 game win streak ..

Lots of IFS .. should be fun to see how this thing here plays itself out

NCAA STR PLAYS YTD
        (5-6) -1.5

NCAA 3 PICKS PARLAYS YTD
        (1-1) +1 unit

NCAA ML STR PLAYS YTD
        (0-2) -1 unit

NBA STR PLAYS YTD
        (2-0) +2.5 units

Comment

LSU will be a tough out and a strong 3 seed. If Syracuse gets a 6 seed I can see them losing in the first round. Something just doesn't sell me on that team.
          NCAAF '12: 11-16-0, -7.90 units.
          O/U:4-2, +1.80 units.
          Teasers:
          Rothstein's leans:
          Double Digit Home Dogs:9-7-1, +1.30 units.
          NCAAB '11-'12: 128-123-0, -10.80 units.
          O/U: 46-38, +2.80 units.
          Rothstein's "leans":
          Double Digit Home Dogs: 36-20-3, +13.10 units.

Comment

Originally posted by Nigel Tufnel View Post
            While I like your optimism about Xavier, I'd be shocked if they can get a 3 seed. Its possible...but improbable. I certainly think they'll beat UD Thursday at home and I also think they can win @ Richmond next Sunday....but I just don't see them winning the A10 tourney...especially if they win out in the regular season. I see them winning out in the regular season...but losing in the A10 semifinals or finals and getting a 4,5 seed.

As much as it pains me to say this, I see X as an early out in this year's tourney. What has made them strong in the past will bite them in the arse this year.....why the Elite 8 last year? Drew Lavender and Stanley Burrell....good, solid guard play....what is X's biggest weakness this year? Guard play....what does it take to make a nice run in the tourney? Good guard play.

X loses in the 2nd round this year....but....but....if Derrick Brown stays in school, I honestly think X will be a Final Four caliber team next year. Lose CJ and BJ....gain...Jordan Crawford.

BTW, on a separate note...has anyone had the chance to see Brad Redford play for Xavier? He is the best pure shooter in X's history. Kid is sick. Get a deep strong back court next year with Crawford, Halloway and Lyons in the back court next year....holy ****. The kid has 27 foot range....he is absolutely sick. He is absolutely a "no help" player....even if he is 30 feet from the basket. If you get a chance to see him play, you'll remember him. As a freshman, he is leading the A10 in 3 point shooting at 49%. As a frosh, he is clearly one dimensional...can't wait to see if/how he progresses.
            I saw Redford ( he looks like he's 14 years old ) .... He struggled when i saw him against DUKES but i figured he must of been a good shooter ... I moved X down to a 4 .. Villanova a 3 after big win for them tonight, ... i tell you what though, Xavier's non conference schedule is impressive , they played a tough schedule the first two months , i like their chances to win the a-10 tourney and make a little run in the ncaa's ..

Brown
            Anderson
            Everybody loves Raymond
            Last edited by BUNK MORELAND; 03-02-2009, 08:50 PM.

NCAA STR PLAYS YTD
            (5-6) -1.5

NCAA 3 PICKS PARLAYS YTD
            (1-1) +1 unit

NCAA ML STR PLAYS YTD
            (0-2) -1 unit

NBA STR PLAYS YTD
            (2-0) +2.5 units

Comment

Working...
            X