• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wednesday college hoops

Best Bets (24-27)(-17.10)
    Strong Plays (34-29)(+4.20)
    Regular Plays (58-53)(-0.30)

Overall (116-109)(-13.20)

Gravity check! I actually had a winning night. Last night I went 5-2 picking up 6.70 units. I won both best bets, split my two strong plays and won two of three regular plays. I cannot tell you how long it has been since I won both best bets. A horrible slump took me from plus 20 units to down 20 units. Hopefully that week long break I took has turned things around. This is the last week of the regular season and I am hoping to get near the breakeven mark before postseason plays get underway.

Here is what I have come up with for Wedesday. I am working my night tonight and have to post everything early.

Wyoming +8.5 vs BYU (best bet)………………No question that BYU is the better team of the two, but they are not 8.5 points better at Wyoming. BYU is nearly unbeatable at home, but as you can see by their 9-4 record on the road that if they are going to lose games, that is where it is going to be. Wyoming a solid team at 18-10, but at home they are a very solid 15-1. The Cowboys will give BYU fits all night long and maybe even win this game. Getting this many points is a gift. I thought Wyoming must have some injuries and that is why this line is this high, but I cannot find any. Win or lose, I love this game.

Minnesota -1.5 vs Wisconsin (best bet)…………….For those who have followed the Big 10 this season, you know that home court has been huge. Wisconsin has been hot, Minny has been cold, yet Minnesota is favored in this game and that is because they are going to win this game. As well as Wisky has been playing they are still only 5-7 on the road and on the other side I cannot ignore Minnesota’s 16-2 home record. Taking the hot Minnesota team and the points just looks too easy, so I have to go against it.

Missouri -4 vs Oklahoma (strong play)………….This game reminds me a little of the above game. How can you not take the highly rated Sooners and those generous four points? It is a suckers bet, and from what I have read so far this morning there are a lot of suckers out there as the majority of the action is on Oklahoma. Top five teams have been dropping like flies lately and this will be another one of those games. This is a statement game for Missouri who wants to improve their bracket position in the big dance coming up. I actually think Missouri plays their best game of the year and wins this one by ten or more. I almost made this a best bet, but did not want to push it until I get out of this slump I have been in.

Arkansas -4 vs Mississippi (strong play)………………..Two pretty evenly matched team here, but home court is a huge advantage in this game. Ole Miss is only 2-10 on the road, while Arkansas is a solid 13-5 at home. Ole Miss has lost their last two games, so they don’t have a lot of confidence right now and playing on the road is not going to help matters. Arkansas should cover this number easily.

Marquette +10 vs Pittsburgh (regular play)…………….I am a Pitt fan. I don’t know if it is my imagination or not, but I have playing Marquette. They always seem to save their best for Pittsburgh. With Pitt being a 10 point favorite at home, they are probably pretty certain they are going to win this game and with U Conn on deck, how can they not be thinking about them. I think Pitt plays this game “not to lose” rather than to win and Marquette will stay within the number. It is not like Marquette sucks either. I think they find a way to hang in there at Pitt and get the cover.

C Michigan -7 vs Toledo (regular play)…………….I must be crazy taking a team who is only 9-18 and laying seven points. Upon further review, C Michigan is 7-7 at home, so they are capable of winning some games. This is more of a play against Toledo though as they have not won on the road this year out of 15 games. C Michigan does not get many games where they should blow somebody out and that is what I think will happen.

SMU -1 vs S Mississippi (regular play)………….Just copy and past the above write-up. SMU a bad team who is 500 at home playing a poor road team who has only won one game out of ten on the road.

I am due to turn things around. I really think my chances of back to back solid nights are very good. I love my top four plays. I almost made all four best bets, but don’t want to get greedy or push my luck until I know I have turned things around.

Back on Thursday. Good Luck Everybody!!

GL today Mark! :thumbs:
    Batman: "If you can't spend it, money's just a lot of worthless paper, isn't it?" :phew:

Comment

Working...
    X