Flyer's Wish Is My Command -- UD @ XU

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flyer's Wish Is My Command -- UD @ XU

I really like XU to cover the number tonight, FF. I don't believe I am viewing this game through my XU blue glasses either. I'm certainly a homer, but I'm going to the game tonight and don't need to wager on this game to have a blast tonight. Having said that, I think I will put some hard earned cash on the Muskies. I haven't seen the 1st half line yet but will probably take X 1st half and for the game. Reasons....

Xavier gets beat 71-58 @ UD a couple weeks ago and tonight's line is -10? First, that tells me something. I think the linesmakers are expecting a big win tonight by X.

Tonight is Senior night for Xavier. Tonight is for the A10 regular season championship. Revenge factor from the last game.

UD is not at full strength tonight. Their backup big man Devin Searcy is out tonight after spraining a knee in practice yesterday. While Searcy isn't a major impact player, he is a big body for UD and gives UD an extra 5 fouls. UD will have to go with Huelsman down low tonight and that is all.....that is not good for UD. In addition to Searcy, UD has a couple of guys who will play tonight but likely won't be 100%. Paul Williams is a role player who strained his groin a few games ago...he aggravated it again in Dayton's last game against Temple and didn't play in the 2nd half. Chris Johnson has a bruised calf, and while I expect him to play tonight, I doubt he'll be at 100% either.

Having said that, I see Xavier absolutely pounding it down low in the paint tonight. I think they will try to get Huelsman in foul trouble and with a little home cookin', I think they will be successful. Between Love and Frease, I just don't see how Huelsman will be able to handle Xavier down low. Once Huelsman is in foul trouble, I think X will go after Chris Wright. Wright is a great player, but has a tendency to commit silly fouls. If that happens, open up the floodgates because it will get ugly in a hurry.

While UD played very well against X at UD Arena, I don't see them having a repeat performance shooting the ball as well as they did the last time out. Further, I believe X has regained a bit of its swagger and confidence since the last UD game.

I like X tonight big....like 75-57.

GL!!
    "You come at the King, you best not miss." Omar

Nice Nigel.....not play but rooting for:

X:thumbs:
    Batman: "If you can't spend it, money's just a lot of worthless paper, isn't it?" :phew:

Comment

I agree. and i love seeing lots of posters lining up on Dayton....:thumbs:

oddsmaker told you what side he likes and im taking that side in this one.

great injury information too. think X wins this one by 12-15 points.

enjoy the game...:beerbang:
      I am the M'bah a'Flyers Fan !

Comment

Thanks guys. I don't like that this is a factor in tonight's game...but it is what it is....I mentioned home cookin' in my previous post. Well, I think that could be another major factor tonight. If the refs are blowing their whistles, not good for UD. If UD's big player gets in foul trouble, which I think he will, UD will have to go small. I think Miller will continue to pound the ball in the paint and I don't think UD will have an answer for Derrick Brown, Love or Frease. As a result, UD will have no choice but to double down low. That opens up the outside for BJ Raymond, Dante Jackson, Brad Redford (if they leave him they are nuts) and Halloway to get good looks at the basket. Even if the outside shots aren't falling, XU will have Love, Frease, Brown, Anderson and McLean ready to pound the glass.

X should be able to control the glass tonight. And personally, I think that's a big stat in college hoops. Add in the home cooking and I think UD will be in trouble.

I gained a lot of respect for UD in their OT loss @ URI. They got down and fought hard to get that game into OT. They are scrappers.....but I'm just not sure they have the players to come into the Cintas tonight, on Senior night, with the A10 Championship on the line and keep this one close. If they can, I will be unpleasantly surprised.

UD injury report since the last Xavier game....Rob Lowery out, Searcy out, Paul Williams strained groin, Chris Johnson bruised calf. All those things going against them, plus a really emotional pissed off team looking for revenge.

I just like how it sets up....plus, Xavier has had a full week to prepare for tonight's game. In Miller I trust.
        "You come at the King, you best not miss." Omar

Comment

GL Nigel. Ill get back to posting and less arguing. Agree to Disagree.

Comment

Brad Redford reminds me of Larry Bird. This guy has got deadly accuracy. Seriously...probably the most underrated long range frosh shooter in the country.And yes... Dayton might have their hands full tonight. GL2U.
            Defense is the best Offense.

Comment

Good info Nigel. GL tonight. I think that line is about right so prob a no-play for me but I'll be watching. Both programs are fun to watch, IMHO.

Comment

I love this spot for Xavier. Flyers will have it tough tonight. Nice info Nigel!!:beerbang:
                NCAAF '12: 11-16-0, -7.90 units.
                O/U:4-2, +1.80 units.
                Teasers:
                Rothstein's leans:
                Double Digit Home Dogs:9-7-1, +1.30 units.
                NCAAB '11-'12: 128-123-0, -10.80 units.
                O/U: 46-38, +2.80 units.
                Rothstein's "leans":
                Double Digit Home Dogs: 36-20-3, +13.10 units.

Comment

great call nigel

Comment

good call...had the same feeling you did. here is yet another game the oddsmaker basically told you what was going to happen. he's not always right but if you pay attention it is good more than not....:thumbs:
                    I am the M'bah a'Flyers Fan !

Comment

Nigel

Congrats .. good call

I have X back at a 3 seed

they will win the a -10 tourney ...

my girlfriend says

X
                      Nova
                      Pitt
                      NC

Final Four .. for what it's worth :thumbs:

On a more serious note .. The committee cannot over look these huge non conference wins for X ...

Good Luck to you and good luck to X the rest of the way
                      Keep em in the hole, Down in the hole

NCAA STR PLAYS YTD
                      (5-6) -1.5

NCAA 3 PICKS PARLAYS YTD
                      (1-1) +1 unit

NCAA ML STR PLAYS YTD
                      (0-2) -1 unit

NBA STR PLAYS YTD
                      (2-0) +2.5 units

Comment

Originally posted by FlyersFan View Post
                        good call...had the same feeling you did. here is yet another game the oddsmaker basically told you what was going to happen. he's not always right but if you pay attention it is good more than not....:thumbs:

agree ! .. no reason that line should of been double digis ....
                        Keep em in the hole, Down in the hole

NCAA STR PLAYS YTD
                        (5-6) -1.5

NCAA 3 PICKS PARLAYS YTD
                        (1-1) +1 unit

NCAA ML STR PLAYS YTD
                        (0-2) -1 unit

NBA STR PLAYS YTD
                        (2-0) +2.5 units

Comment

Working...
                        X