Predictem bracket?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gadfly36 View Post
    memories going bad but i think someone named whiskers or something like that beat me. we both had fla but he was low pts and i went high, so he won on points. all tourney i wnt low on tiebreaker and for some reason went high in the final.
    whiskers !!!!!

what ever happened to whiskers ? :laughing:
    Keep em in the hole, Down in the hole

NCAA STR PLAYS YTD
    (5-6) -1.5

NCAA 3 PICKS PARLAYS YTD
    (1-1) +1 unit

NCAA ML STR PLAYS YTD
    (0-2) -1 unit

NBA STR PLAYS YTD
    (2-0) +2.5 units

Comment

I can assist in any way needed as well...

also...if ppl are interested in making this for more than just bragging rights, I wouldnt mind having some sort of a 'buy in' also...doesn't have to be big..like $20 or something...$20 each would make the pot $1280!:beer2:

either way, just for bragging rights or for some money, i'm in either way..:thumbs:

Comment

I'm in for whatever.
        2010 system plays 83-90-7 (-24.1 units)

Comment

im in:beerbang:

MLB 24-13 :thumbs:

Comment

If help grading is needed I am willing to lend a hand as well.

It seems that all that is needed is the boss-mans O.K. and a sign-up sheet (thread).
            :dunno:
            ...toke on...

Comment

The grading is a nightmare on the first Friday night after the round of 64, lol, having to not only figure out the scores and who advances, but then posting the results and new lines in time for everyone to have a fair chance to post the games that start as early as noon on Saturday.

Otherwise, it wasn't that bad to grade when I ran it. I remember needing the help that first round or I would have gone crazy, lol, but after that, I could have handled it myself if I would have had to.

I agree with you guys that said how much fun the head to head bracket contest was too (and not just because it was originally my idea, lol).
              Its a fun challenge to try and handicap every game ats and see how you do against others doing the same thing, and of course if you win, you definitely have some bragging rights, to go along with what I recall were some pretty nice prizes as well.

I really think it played out like a real tourney too, just like it was supposed to, and the guys who were the best and most consistent throughout ended up being the last 4 standing at the end.

Definitely my favorite of the contests that we've run here.

Comment

Hey Stiff do you have any interest running it this year?
                I am not trying to put you on the spot because we all understand how the outside world takes up most of our time but since your a mod and you already have the experience I thought you could be the one to get this rolling. Again, its totally understandable if you're not able to.

Does this help?
                :showtits:

:sm:
                :beerbang:
                ...toke on...

Comment

Originally posted by BUNK MORELAND View Post
                  you got that right

if you win
                  that means you were the best capper out of 64 dudes
                  PRICELESS ...

does anybody have the first year's bracket the final? I think Gadfly won it all that year ..
                  I could put a price on that. even $1 per dude would make me 63 bucks happier LOL :beer2:

count me in if ya'll have it
                  :hide:

"Schooly D is fat cake yo."
                  -Big Pimpin-

Comment

Originally posted by BUNK MORELAND View Post
                    you beat me that year in the final four to get to the final .. you finish 2nd?
                    I remember calling Bunk Wonkaford from The Shottenstein Center while watching the girls state finals that year, he gave me the lines on the telephone and posted my pics for me.....what a way to "capp" my way out of a tournmanet.....:laughing:
                    Batman: "If you can't spend it, money's just a lot of worthless paper, isn't it?" :phew:

Comment

I'll do some sniffing around today and see if I can come up with some sponsorship.

Sorry for not being on this sooner, I've been swamped with building other areas of the site and have had pathetic presence here lately.

I hope for that to change soon though.

I hope to have good news later this afternoon.

Comment

AWESOME KEVIN......:thx:

Hop to seize ya roun mo! :thumbs:
                        Batman: "If you can't spend it, money's just a lot of worthless paper, isn't it?" :phew:

Comment

Originally posted by joepa66 View Post
                          I remember calling Bunk Wonkaford from The Shottenstein Center while watching the girls state finals that year, he gave me the lines on the telephone and posted my pics for me.....what a way to "capp" my way out of a tournmanet.....:laughing:
                          i remember that !!!!
                          Keep em in the hole, Down in the hole

NCAA STR PLAYS YTD
                          (5-6) -1.5

NCAA 3 PICKS PARLAYS YTD
                          (1-1) +1 unit

NCAA ML STR PLAYS YTD
                          (0-2) -1 unit

NBA STR PLAYS YTD
                          (2-0) +2.5 units

Comment

IF Kevin can find sponsorship, I'll do my part to "run" the tournament....if i can get some help grading in the early rounds, which it seems shouldn't be a problem judging from all the volunteers in this thread :thumbs:

Comment

Whatever is decided upon, I'll be more than happy to help out in any way.

Moose
                              Moose

"Don't give up! Don't ever give up!" - Jimmy V

Comment

Working...
                              X