Robert Morris off the court issues

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Robert Morris off the court issues

This weekend four members of RMU COLONIALS hoops team were involved in a fight ... One player will be suspended for tonight i do believe ...

I don't have all the facts , but i do know that this is an issue .. Post Gazette has the article ... Just wanted to throw that out there
    Keep em in the hole, Down in the hole

NCAA STR PLAYS YTD
    (5-6) -1.5

NCAA 3 PICKS PARLAYS YTD
    (1-1) +1 unit

NCAA ML STR PLAYS YTD
    (0-2) -1 unit

NBA STR PLAYS YTD
    (2-0) +2.5 units

MSM may be good at +4 for a small play.
    NCAAF '12: 11-16-0, -7.90 units.
    O/U:4-2, +1.80 units.
    Teasers:
    Rothstein's leans:
    Double Digit Home Dogs:9-7-1, +1.30 units.
    NCAAB '11-'12: 128-123-0, -10.80 units.
    O/U: 46-38, +2.80 units.
    Rothstein's "leans":
    Double Digit Home Dogs: 36-20-3, +13.10 units.

Comment

Hey Bunk, I found this...........

RMU issued the following statement on Tuesday:

"Robert Morris University takes very seriously the conduct of its basketball players, and all student-athletes, both on and off the court. Our coaching staff, in conjunction with campus police, continues to conduct an investigation into the accusation against Mezie Nwigwe, who has been charged with a misdemeanor, and they have spoken to Mezie and the other players who were present."Per the RMU Code of Student Conduct, we have referred this matter to the university's Office of Student Life, which can initiate judicial proceedings against Mezie should the facts warrant it."Mezie is a student in good standing at Robert Morris University who has no record of student misconduct. Like any other person, he is innocent until proven otherwise and has the right to tell his side of the story in a court of law. He will cooperate with any further investigation into this matter by both campus authorities as well as local police."Until such time as the Office of Student Life completes its investigation into this incident, Mezie will be permitted to participate in campus activities."

CNBC
      Teasers:
      Rothstein's leans:
      Rothstein's "leans":

Comment

Originally posted by Nicky Santoro View Post
        Hey Bunk, I found this...........

RMU issued the following statement on Tuesday:

"Robert Morris University takes very seriously the conduct of its basketball players, and all student-athletes, both on and off the court. Our coaching staff, in conjunction with campus police, continues to conduct an investigation into the accusation against Mezie Nwigwe, who has been charged with a misdemeanor, and they have spoken to Mezie and the other players who were present."Per the RMU Code of Student Conduct, we have referred this matter to the university's Office of Student Life, which can initiate judicial proceedings against Mezie should the facts warrant it."Mezie is a student in good standing at Robert Morris University who has no record of student misconduct. Like any other person, he is innocent until proven otherwise and has the right to tell his side of the story in a court of law. He will cooperate with any further investigation into this matter by both campus authorities as well as local police."Until such time as the Office of Student Life completes its investigation into this incident, Mezie will be permitted to participate in campus activities."

CNBC
        NICKY CHECK THIS OUT :
        RMU Basketball: Run-in with law stymies Colonials
        Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Talk about lessons that transcend.

All year, when something went amiss for the Robert Morris basketball team, coach Mike Rice has leaned on a certain credo that goes something like this: "You can't control what happens to you after it is over, but you can always control what you learn from it and where you go from that point."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NEC title game
        • Matchup: Mount St. Mary's (19-12) vs. Robert Morris (23-10) in the Northeast Conference tournament final, 8:30 p.m. today, Sewall Center, Moon.

• TV, radio, Internet: ESPN2; WPIT-AM 730 and ESPN Radio 1250; Yahoo! Sports - Sports News, Scores, Rumors, Fantasy Games, and more., ESPN 360.

• Robert Morris: Looking to advance to the NCAA tournament for the first time since 1992. ... Was knocked out of the NEC tournament in the semifinals last season by Mount St. Mary's, 83-65. ... Has played host to the NEC tournament championship game four times (1983, '89, '90, '92), winning all of those games.

• Mount St. Mary's: Looking to get into the NCAA tournament for the second consecutive season. ... Junior guard Jeremy Goode leads the team in scoring (15.3 ppg), assists (4.1 per game) and steals (1.9 per game). ... Is 1-4 against Robert Morris since coach Mike Ricetook over the Colonials before last season.

• Hidden stat: The teams will meet for the 12th time in the past four seasons, with eight of the previous 11 meetings being decided by 10 points or fewer.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        That lesson was ever-so-fitting yesterday. And it had nothing to do with failing to box out on a missed free throw, taking a bad shot or having a defender sliding over too slowly to play help-side defense.

Yesterday, the lesson was about life.

On the eve of Robert Morris (23-10) hosting Mount St. Mary's (19-12) in the Northeast Conference tournament championship game at 8:30 p.m. today at the Sewall Center, Rice was busy after practice fielding questions not about how his team will handle Mount St. Mary's defensive pressure or the ESPN2 cameras, but about how the Colonials will respond in the wake of an incident early Saturday morning on the South Side in which four Robert Morris players were present.

Mezie Nwigwe, Jeremy Chappell, Rob Robinson and Velton Jones were there when Nwigwe was involved in an altercation outside a convenience store at the intersection of 18th and Sarah streets, Pittsburgh police and university officials said. While none of the players were taken into custody, Nwigwe, a reserve junior guard, is the lone player facing charges and will be mailed a summons for a simple-assault charge, police said.

No players will be suspended for tonight's game, Rice said.

Uncharacteristically, the coach took his team to the far side of the court before practice yesterday, away from where some reporters were gathered. Usually, Rice's routine before practice is to address his team under one of the Sewall Center baskets, within earshot of reporters.

This time, the meeting was decidedly more private -- and serious -- with players seated on chairs as Rice stood before them, the lone person speaking.

After practice, he shared a snippet of what he told them. Predictably, he leaned on that lesson he has been trying to instill all year.

"I told my team we have to come together as a unit through all of this," Rice said. "I stress to these young men every day about making good decisions. [Nwigwe] has done everything I have asked, but he made a bad decision. You learn from these mistakes, you learn from decisions you make and you wish you had back. ... You can control 100 percent how you respond. That is all we can do from right now, that is where we are at right now."

Rice's message seemed to hit the target squarely. To hear Chappell's comments after practice yesterday was to realize as much as the Colonials prepare for their first NEC championship game since 2000 and are attempting to reach the NCAA tournament for the first time since 1992.

"We can just control how we respond," Chappell said. "It was an unfortunate incident, but no one is going to let it affect us going into this game. [The NEC tournament final] is a place no one has ever been on our team, we can't let this incident affect us and we won't let it affect us."

And for Chappell, who can make a strong claim that he'sthebest all-around player in the history of Robert Morris' program, there are selfish reasons he has to put this past weekend's events behind him.

Win or lose, this will be his last game at the Sewall Center. He talked yesterday about how that reality has set in over the past few days.

"This is my last

NCAA STR PLAYS YTD
        (5-6) -1.5

NCAA 3 PICKS PARLAYS YTD
        (1-1) +1 unit

NCAA ML STR PLAYS YTD
        (0-2) -1 unit

NBA STR PLAYS YTD
        (2-0) +2.5 units

Comment

Their minds aren't going to be on the game. I don't give a crap what the coach says. MSM's should get in their heads about it and disrupt their flow. I know, it sounds bush, but hell, anything to win within reason. Right? Nice article.
          Teasers:
          Rothstein's leans:
          Rothstein's "leans":

Comment

Originally posted by Nicky Santoro View Post
            Their minds aren't going to be on the game. I don't give a crap what the coach says. MSM's should get in their heads about it and disrupt their flow. I know, it sounds bush, but hell, anything to win within reason. Right? Nice article.
            I like my chances with MSM +10 ...these two teams just played about a week ago .. CLOSE GAME ... RM won by 3 ...

i like my chances with my teaser tonight .... GOOD LUCK NICKY

NCAA STR PLAYS YTD
            (5-6) -1.5

NCAA 3 PICKS PARLAYS YTD
            (1-1) +1 unit

NCAA ML STR PLAYS YTD
            (0-2) -1 unit

NBA STR PLAYS YTD
            (2-0) +2.5 units

Comment

Working...