Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tourney preview thread

A couple thoughts here :

1. P, I , double T - i have heard alot of people say this is the toughest bracket .. !!!!!
    It very well could be !!!! But i can see Pitt making it out of this region and getting to detroit ..

2. Wake - i feel wake got a real good draw. A first round matchup with Cleveland St then they face the winner of AZ and UTAH .. I think Wake is dangerous in this region .. This is a WAKE team who has only 6 losses out of the ACC ..

3. Buckeyes - Playing pretty good right now .. Short trip to Dayton for round 1 games. Siena did not play well against teams from the big conferences this year ..they won't sneak up on anybody this year IMO

4. Gonzaga - Good site for them ( portland ) ... They look like the side to be on vs AKRON

5. Oklahoma - not much talk about OKLAHOMA ... they play in KC should have an easy time with MORG ST then clemson/michigan winner

Upsets -:
    Kansas i feel needs to be on upset alert, they have been knows to get dumped early and on paper ND ST looks like a team who could possibly come up with a big upset. ND ST has a good player in WOODSIDE and they take care of the ball well and can stroke the 3 ball ..

Illinois also i feel is very vulnerable ...Western Kentucky has good guards.. That Frazier injury will hurt them big time ..

I can't believe i'm saying this but i feel Xavier is in trouble. They were dreadful against Temple in their last outing, they have to travel to BOISE to play, and if they win they will most likely play an FSU team that is looking good at a great time. Xavier should beat Port St, but i'm thinking about going against them vs the big number... not sure about them at this point ..

Florida State right now is dangerous . Douglas is red hot. I like them to beat up on Wisconsin.
    Last edited by BUNK MORELAND; 03-16-2009, 09:44 PM.
    Keep em in the hole, Down in the hole

NCAA STR PLAYS YTD
    (5-6) -1.5

NCAA 3 PICKS PARLAYS YTD
    (1-1) +1 unit

NCAA ML STR PLAYS YTD
    (0-2) -1 unit

NBA STR PLAYS YTD
    (2-0) +2.5 units

xavier i feel is in trouble in boise .. they are on upset alert by bunk

i feel FSU is the sweet 16 team out of them , wiscy,x and port st ..

nova in philly lean
    gonzaga in portland vs akron .. blowout written all over it imo
    oklahoma is kinda flying under the radar a little bit ... not as much talk about blake griff and sooners the last few weeks .. could be good for them .. playing in kansas city vs morgan st then the clemson / michigan winner .. i like their chances to get two covers and get to s16

i like ohio state to handle siena ...
    siena a nine seed ????
    plus ohio state will load that arena with fans

can i get one P, I ?

NCAA STR PLAYS YTD
    (5-6) -1.5

NCAA 3 PICKS PARLAYS YTD
    (1-1) +1 unit

NCAA ML STR PLAYS YTD
    (0-2) -1 unit

NBA STR PLAYS YTD
    (2-0) +2.5 units

Comment

DOUBLE T! :thumbs:

Nice season you had Bunk. Keep it up in the tourney!:beerbang:

Murph

Comment

totally agree on oklahoma. It's like they've been forgotten about.

Comment

First round leans

Michigan over Clemson
          VCU to cover vs UCLA
          WKentucky, Cleveland State upset specials
          Marquette, Texas, Ohio State, Washington, Memphis
          To A Phillies World Series :beerbang:

Flyers and Eagles --- its your turn:beerbang:

1 unit=25 dollars
          2 units=50, etc.. and so on

Comment

Originally posted by BUNK MORELAND View Post

can i get one P, I ?
            <object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/hIDdXsrSF0Q&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/hIDdXsrSF0Q&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
            **ALL PLAYS ARE TO WIN 1UNIT UNLESS OTHERWISE NOTED**

Comment

What the hell is up with AZ opening as a 1 pt fav over #5 Utah? Now a pick em, but what the hell?

Comment

Arizona and Utah is the one game I know whatever side I put money on I am going to lose lol....

I mean you'd like to say Arizona, because they have 2 lottery picks, and another NBA player on the roster,and you figure they must be pissed everyone is saying they dont belong, but they still suck though lol....I dont get how this team has so much talent yet they continuously bow out early every tourney, but on the otherhand I really dont think Utah is that good of a team, but I am sure they will play to their style and beat AZ in an ugly game most likely...

Curious to see what you guys think about some other of those close line games like CAL-MD, BYU-A&M, and BUT-LSU???
                To A Phillies World Series :beerbang:

Flyers and Eagles --- its your turn:beerbang:

1 unit=25 dollars
                2 units=50, etc.. and so on

Comment

Originally posted by NIU Murph View Post
                  DOUBLE T! :thumbs:

Nice season you had Bunk. Keep it up in the tourney!:beerbang:

Murph

thanks murph

NCAA STR PLAYS YTD
                  (5-6) -1.5

NCAA 3 PICKS PARLAYS YTD
                  (1-1) +1 unit

NCAA ML STR PLAYS YTD
                  (0-2) -1 unit

NBA STR PLAYS YTD
                  (2-0) +2.5 units

Comment

Originally posted by PhillyFan3 View Post
                    Arizona and Utah is the one game I know whatever side I put money on I am going to lose lol....

I mean you'd like to say Arizona, because they have 2 lottery picks, and another NBA player on the roster,and you figure they must be pissed everyone is saying they dont belong, but they still suck though lol....I dont get how this team has so much talent yet they continuously bow out early every tourney, but on the otherhand I really dont think Utah is that good of a team, but I am sure they will play to their style and beat AZ in an ugly game most likely...

Curious to see what you guys think about some other of those close line games like CAL-MD, BYU-A&M, and BUT-LSU???
                    Lean towards Butler, A&M with sloan and carter

NCAA STR PLAYS YTD
                    (5-6) -1.5

NCAA 3 PICKS PARLAYS YTD
                    (1-1) +1 unit

NCAA ML STR PLAYS YTD
                    (0-2) -1 unit

NBA STR PLAYS YTD
                    (2-0) +2.5 units

Comment

Originally posted by manmythlegend View Post
                      <object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/hIDdXsrSF0Q&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/hIDdXsrSF0Q&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
                      who ever sam goes to that will be my favorite nba team

what a player

NCAA STR PLAYS YTD
                      (5-6) -1.5

NCAA 3 PICKS PARLAYS YTD
                      (1-1) +1 unit

NCAA ML STR PLAYS YTD
                      (0-2) -1 unit

NBA STR PLAYS YTD
                      (2-0) +2.5 units

Comment

Originally posted by PhillyFan3 View Post

i think cal will handle maryland with some ease, and i think they can be very dangerous for memphis, randle is a baller and if cal knocks down the 3ball could go far

i never seen byu play at all this year so cant really chime in on it on my bracket im going a&m and than i am u conn to smash them in their next game so no big deal...

as for lsu/butler same situation i am taking the 9 seed and than taking the 1 seed to beat em next game...

my big 3 sleepers to do real well in this tourney

washington huskies - very good draw for them in my opinion playing first 2 games here in the northwest big advantage for them the huskie crowd has 3 hour drive not much they will flood the seats, will be big bonus vs purdue...

oklahoma sooners - when comes to tourneys teams with big men tend to do well, alot of talk is on the number 1 seeds but i like 3 of the 4 #2 seeds duke memphis oklahoma. michigan st is over rated in my opinion should be a 4 seed their record is product of big ten garbage... anyways oklahoma should have an easy ride to a match up with unc unless they run into a team who shoots lights out from downtown but anyone would lose to that...

Duke or Ucla - these 2 are a combo pick because both are defensive teams and play really well on def, i think one of these 2 teams will make the final 4 and the other will have a short tourney, which one i cant decide but i have a feeling 1 of them will be in detroit.

i know they are not real low seeded but too much talk on the number 1's and with the espn know it alls every year pushing for all #1's in final four gets old to listen too, IMO Louiville is only team that is a #1 that i wouldnt hesitate putting in final four. unc has issues with injured point guard and if it reoccurs than could be doomsday for them early. pitt imo is most overrated of the 4 number 1's, espn analysts made pitt who they are and i would not be least bit suprised to see ok-st beat them in 2nd round, uconn is the only Number 1 seed i would consider taking to win it all

kansas and arizona st are the 2 watch out teams for me they both can go really far in tourney and both can lose first game. probably the 2 most inconsistent teams from big confrence play in the tourney...

i am on other hand having a issue with wake forest. all year this team has played well against good teams but when the competition had lowered and the bottom half of acc they played to their level and lost games, and close wins. wake is more dangerous to themselves than anyone else... cleveland state will make a game outta this or win it if wake doesnt respect them..
                        Last edited by DukiesBaby; 03-18-2009, 12:41 PM.
                        NCAAF YTD
                        Overall

67-46-2 +41.08 units

Comment

some info for my wake forest debacle

wake vs

csf w 75-69
                          utep w 82-79
                          richmond w 86-79
                          maryland w 65-63
                          byu w 94-87

close win games that they should beat....

now for there loses

VT L 78-71
                          GT L 76-74
                          MIA L 79-52
                          NCST L 82-76
                          MARY L 75-64

ALL THEIR LOSES CAME TO BOTTOM HALF ACC TEAMS except for 1 to duke 101-91

all i mean is i dont trust this team like espn
                          and they are a 7.5 point fav over a 13 seed
                          shouldnt they be a double digit fav???:dunno:
                          NCAAF YTD
                          Overall

67-46-2 +41.08 units

Comment

Originally posted by DukiesBaby View Post
                            some info for my wake forest debacle

wake vs

csf w 75-69
                            utep w 82-79
                            richmond w 86-79
                            maryland w 65-63
                            byu w 94-87

close win games that they should beat....

now for there loses

VT L 78-71
                            GT L 76-74
                            MIA L 79-52
                            NCST L 82-76
                            MARY L 75-64

ALL THEIR LOSES CAME TO BOTTOM HALF ACC TEAMS except for 1 to duke 101-91

all i mean is i dont trust this team like espn
                            and they are a 7.5 point fav over a 13 seed
                            shouldnt they be a double digit fav???:dunno:
                            I agree with you 100%, I saw that spread and wanted to jump all over the -8(currently). Then I thought, there must be something to this. How can this high powered ACC team only be favored by this?? I love my Vikes and hope they play well and squeak out a W!!! Thx for the updates, nice job!
                            NCAAF '12: 11-16-0, -7.90 units.
                            O/U:4-2, +1.80 units.
                            Teasers:
                            Rothstein's leans:
                            Double Digit Home Dogs:9-7-1, +1.30 units.
                            NCAAB '11-'12: 128-123-0, -10.80 units.
                            O/U: 46-38, +2.80 units.
                            Rothstein's "leans":
                            Double Digit Home Dogs: 36-20-3, +13.10 units.

Comment

Working...
                            X