NCAA Tournament Second Round Picks

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NCAA Tournament Second Round Picks

After a nice start on Thursday that carried into Friday, the last slate of games single-handedly wiped out the profit and finished 9-9 +0.34 units (still better than losing I spose).

Anyways, onto today's games.

Villanova -2 (2 units) - These are the games I've been trying to avoid, where the line just doesn't seem right (aka that Wake game last night). However, it is essentially a home game for the Wildcats and the Bruins are playing all the way across the country. Both teams were tested on Thursday with UCLA barely escaping on Maynor's miss at the horn. However, I just have not been impressed with UCLA all year and it just seems like something is missing this year compared to the 3 straight Final Four teams. I really like the inside-outside game of Cunningham and Reynolds and feel it was good that they had that wake-up call from American (who I feel was underrated) for most of the game. This game could very well be like Wildcats/Eagles game in the sense that UCLA jumps out in front and then it's close for a while before Villanova pulls it out in the end.
    Memphis -550/Oklahoma -320/Duke -340 ML Parlay +100 (2 units) - Memphis should put the clamps down on D and Duke is just playing too well right now that they should weather the storm even if Abrams goes on a treyball binge again. Oklahoma the one I'm a little worried about as Michigan has already beaten Duke and UCLA this year and given UCONN a scare as well but I think Blake Griffin will be just too tough to handle inside. Wolverines are an awful rebounding team (10/11 in B10) mainly due to their lack of size and that will be exposed today I believe.

I'm sure I'll be adding throughout the day again. Here's to another great day of basketball and some dough into everyone's pockets. GLTA! :thumbs:

Moose
    Moose

"Don't give up! Don't ever give up!" - Jimmy V

Memphis -9.5 ( 2 units) - I think the Tigers D will be too much for the Terps today. If Vazquez if shut down, Memphis could roll.

GLTA! :thumbs:

Moose
    Moose

Comment

Tailing Rah on this one ... looked into it a bit and liked it.

UCONN/Texas A&M OVER 64 1H (1 unit) - Pace might slow in the 2H but I like both teams to come out filling the tin.

Moose

Comment

I hope they both play some defense!

Nice call with Nova Moose. I got smoked on Wake Forest and almost faded myself this morning taking UCLA. Glad I didn't.

Good Luck!

--
        "Half of life is luck... the other half is discipline..."

Comment

Thanks Biff - GL on your plays as well!

Duke -7.5 (3 units)
          Purdue/Washington UNDER 140 (2 units)

Moose

Comment

Well, second straight day a few hasty add-ons kick me in nuts to ruin what could have been a pretty nice day.
            Today, let's try these.

Syracuse -2.5 (2 units) - I think the Orange are going to want to come out and run, hoping to turn it into a track meet, something ASU would prefer not to happen. Syracuse should also have the edge on the glass with their size inside. The only thing that worries me is their poor FT shooting which could make things interesting at the end if it's close.
            Missouri -4 (2 units) - Marquette barely escaped in Round 1 but I don't think they are as fortunate today. That Missouri press is going to cause havoc in my opinion. I feel it will be a close game for a while, but in the end, Carroll, Lyons, Tiller, and Co pull away.

Moose

Comment

Xavier -2.5 (2 units)
              Cleveland St ML +125 (1.5 units)

Moose

Comment

Working...
              X