2 units each

Chalk, yum.....

Texas A&M +10

1 unit

Another "gut instinct" play, lol

Comment

3-3 (+0.50 units) today

10-14 (-9.40 units) overall

Thought I would make some headway with a nice start to the day, only to drop the last 2.

So far I have 3 in for Sunday because I think all 3 of these lines will drop....

Arizona St +2
      Cleveland St +3
      Marquette +4

2 units each

Dayton also looks good. Trying to see if i can get +8 there.

Not sure what to think of X giving only 4 to Wisky either. Looks like an easy cover for X, which of course scares me....

Comment

Well so far Ariz St went up to +2.5, but Cle St dropped to +2.5 and Marquette dropped to +3.5, so if nothing else, i got the best of 2 of the 3 lines at least by getting them when i did.

adding:

Dayton +8

2 units

Also paid to wait on this one till it moved back to the opener of +8 after an early drop to +7.5

Comment

One more....

Wisconsin +4

2 units

Comment

LOL, they should just rename this time of the year "March Lameness"

Pretty much every fave wins and covers, and most games are decided by the half.

Out of like 50 games, maybe 4 are exciting down to the end.

I must have fallen asleep 5 or 6 times in the last 2 days trying to watch a game....I can just imagine how lame it must be for the "casual fan" :thumbs:

Comment

Originally posted by Stifler's Mom View Post
              LOL, they should just rename this time of the year "March Lameness"

Pretty much every fave wins and covers, and most games are decided by the half.

Out of like 50 games, maybe 4 are exciting down to the end.

I must have fallen asleep 5 or 6 times in the last 2 days trying to watch a game....I can just imagine how lame it must be for the "casual fan" :thumbs:
              i agree. I have found this tournament as compelling as watching paint dry. Outside of a couple good games Friday night this tournament has stunk. Hopefully when we get to the final 8 or so it improves. There are just huge talent gaps between the top10 teams and a lot of the other ones IMO which makes for bad basketball (see Dayton/KU, LSU/Ncar, Maryland/Memphis).

And yeah, has been the pattern where games are basically over at halftime or early 2H. LIke about all of them today.
              I am the M'bah a'Flyers Fan !

Comment

Those last three games

were all dandy's ... :thumbs:

it seems to me like nobody is playing any defense

Pitt vs OK St

49-49 at the half ??
                Keep em in the hole, Down in the hole

NCAA STR PLAYS YTD
                (5-6) -1.5

NCAA 3 PICKS PARLAYS YTD
                (1-1) +1 unit

NCAA ML STR PLAYS YTD
                (0-2) -1 unit

NBA STR PLAYS YTD
                (2-0) +2.5 units

Comment

Originally posted by BUNK MORELAND View Post
                  were all dandy's ... :thumbs:

it seems to me like nobody is playing any defense

Pitt vs OK St

49-49 at the half ??
                  finally. actually W2 i don't think many teams play much defense anymore. It will really be interesting in these 16 matchups and beyond to see which teams can defend and come out ahead. I like teams like LOU that will defend and teams like UCONN that have a game changer on the defensive end of the floor.

Comment

Hmmm...I guess I've been lucky, cause I've only seen parts of 5 or 6 games so far, and every one was a classic NCAA MM. Guess I got lucky, only being able to watch the two gems late Friday (Siena & Wisky wins), Texas/Duke on Saturday, and the three good games tonight (Mich St, Lou & Mizzou wins) ...all down to the wire...all great games...so I have the opposite view on the 09 tourney so far....
                    Last edited by JohnnyMapleLeaf; 03-22-2009, 07:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnnyMapleLeaf View Post
                      Hmmm...I guess I've been lucky, cause I've only seen parts of 5 or 6 games so far, and every one was a classic NCAA MM. Guess I got lucky, only being able to watch the two gems late Friday (Siena & Wisky wins), Texas/Duke on Saturday, and the three good games tonight (Mich St, Lou & Mizzou wins) ...all down to the wire...all great games...so I have the opposite view on the 09 tourney so far....
                      lmao...way to single out the only good games so far....here's a recap on what you missed ...

SYR blew out ASU in a game that was 10 at the half and was 15 with 2 to go
                      ARI blew out CLEVST in a game that CLEST breifly cut it to 4 in the 2H but trailed by DD for most of the game and you never once had the feeling they were in it
                      KU blew out DAY after going up 11-2 and never looking back
                      XU took over the 2H and made that one a laugher
                      VILL blew out UCLA and led by 15+ most of the game
                      Memphis see above
                      UCONN see above
                      NCAR other than a 2H sleep session never was in doubt with LSU
                      OKLA pulled away in the 2H and led by 6-10 for most of it. game was never in doubt after about the 12 minute mark of the 2H
                      PUR led WAS by DD most of the game and never looked back until the very end when WAS tried to make a game of it.

So there's 11 of the 16 sweet 16 games that you could have mowed your lawn, washed your car, walked the dog, taken a 9 hour dump and quite frankly you would have missed nothing.

There were about 4-5 good 2nd round games and other than the late 2 that you pointed out on Friday, not a whole lot going on in the 1st round. 24 of the 32 games on Thursday and Friday were decided by 9+ points. Hardly a compelling tourney. I have to agree with stif. To this point there have definitely been better tourneys. Really other than Arizona, there are no compelling story lines left and honestly it's a heavy weight fight from here on out. PUR as a 5 seed and Arizona as a 12 are the only seeds remaining over a 4.

but congrats on finding the only few good ones to watch. :beerbang: you didn't miss much else...lol

Hopefully all the **** is out of the tourney and we can get down to some good games between some heavy weights
                      Last edited by FlyersFan; 03-22-2009, 07:36 PM.

Comment

FF...thats exactly what I was saying....I managed to catch the good ones for some reason.....being in Florida, and busy every morning/afternoon....I was only able to watch the late games on Fri/Sat, and the last 3 tonight when I got home to Toronto. Funny the last games on each day seemed to be the only good ones played....

Comment

i agree 300% with FF post this by far in my memory has been the worst march madness since i have been watching (1996 or so) so were left with

1-2-3-4

1-2-3-4

1-2-3-5

1-2-3-12 (arizona being the 12 which isn't even really a real 12)

leading to the inevitable big team match ups down the road .........and not one storyline left in the whole tournament :puke: :puke: :puke:
                          ****all plays 4.4 units to win 4 units unless otherwise noted****

NBA 20-22 -16.8 units
                          NHL 1-0 +4.0 units
                          MLB 0-1 -4.8 units
                          CFB 12-6-1 +21.6 units

Comment

Originally posted by dananderson32 View Post
                            i agree 300% with FF post this by far in my memory has been the worst march madness since i have been watching (1996 or so) so were left with

1-2-3-4

1-2-3-4

1-2-3-5

leading to the inevitable big team match ups down the road .........and not one storyline left in the whole tournament :puke: :puke: :puke:
                            I don't see anything wrong with having all the tops seed left ..

LET THE BIG DOGS FIGHT IT OUT !!!!

NCAA STR PLAYS YTD
                            (5-6) -1.5

NCAA 3 PICKS PARLAYS YTD
                            (1-1) +1 unit

NCAA ML STR PLAYS YTD
                            (0-2) -1 unit

NBA STR PLAYS YTD
                            (2-0) +2.5 units

Comment

Originally posted by dananderson32 View Post

1-2-3-4

1-2-3-4

1-2-3-5

P, I double vs X has a storyline

Bunk vs Nigel HAHA:laughing:

no seriously Sean Miller an ex panther trying to knock out number one seed

there is a story line

NCAA STR PLAYS YTD
                              (5-6) -1.5

NCAA 3 PICKS PARLAYS YTD
                              (1-1) +1 unit

NCAA ML STR PLAYS YTD
                              (0-2) -1 unit

NBA STR PLAYS YTD
                              (2-0) +2.5 units

Comment

Working...