Harmonious Sweet 16/Elite 8

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Harmonious Sweet 16/Elite 8

GREAT GREAT GREAT set of games tonight and tomorrow, really can't wait. Kind of pissed they have Memphis/Missouri at same time as Duke/Villanova b/c those are the two games I really wanted to see tonight. But, just another reason to go to the bar tonight for Direct TV, haha... BOL to everyone this weekend, enjoy it and profit!!!

Madness: 16-11 (+4.6 units)

2 UNIT
    Missouri (+4.5). I really think Mizzou's pressure for 40 minutes is going to give Memphis more trouble than they think. Evans is not a point guard, he only plays one on TV. Mizzou can run 10 athletic guys out there and keep everyone fresh. I think Mizzou can offset the length, rebounding, and defensive prowess of Memphis by creating easy baskets off turnovers via their press. Lyons and Carroll are both very good players who get no credit whatsoever. They can hang with Taggart and Dozier, IMHO. Should be a fun game. I think/hope Mizzou can win outright.

Xavier (+7). This should be a disgusting game that might make your eyes bleed. Pitt needs Blair to not play like a donkey and have some self control because Xavier is very physical. Xavier is also prone to turnovers, they are the only team left in the tourney who commits more turnovers than they force, which is a significant statistical oddity. This looks to be low scoring, ugly and the men (Young and Blair) edge out the boys (Brown and Raymond) I think.

Connecticut (-6.5). I have Purdue advancing in my brackets in an upset, but I've been impressed with how well UConn has played. Texas A&M is not a bad team, and they smoked them. Johnson has to deal with Thabeet and Adrien (and Edwards), and he really has no help inside except Calasan. Purdue will need to make their 3's and play their rugged half court defense. In the end, I think UConn is just too much, especially if AJ Price is hitting his jumper.

Villanova ML (+125). I will kick myself if Duke wins by 1 or 2, but I think Nova's guard play is the difference here. The ability of Reynolds, Fisher, and even Redding to penetrate I think will hurt Duke. Nova has kind of been quietly flying under the radar all season long, but I'm hoping that changes tonight. Singler vs Cunningham will be fun it happens, and I think Redding/Clark can give Henderson some trouble. Should be a wonderful, tight game where free throw shooting could matter.

1 UNIT
    Missouri/Memphis OVER 141.5
    Xavier/Pittsburgh UNDER 138
    Purdue/Connecticut UNDER 133.5
    Villanova/Duke OVER 148

2 UNIT PARLAY (to win 8 units)
    Villanova ML (+125)/Piitsburgh ML (-310)/Connecticut ML (-300)/North Carolina ML (-450)

:thumbs:
    Last edited by CuseFan10; 03-26-2009, 04:52 PM.

will be at the bar as well:beerbang:

Comment

Added teases

Come on Big East! lol

2 UNIT TEASE
      Villanova (+9.5)/Pittsburgh (Pk)/North Carolina (-0.5)
      Missouri-Memphis OVER 133/Connecticut (+0.5)/North Carolina (-0.5)

My guy's Mizz/Memphis total went down from 141/5 to 140 right after played it. Hope that doesn't end up mattering, lol.

Off to dinner and the bar soon, GL GUYS!!! :beerbang:

Comment

wierd, I thought that memphis over looked good.

Comment

7-1 with Carolina outright for a bundle!!! :beerbang:

Comment

Excellent work Cuse!!! Get 'em tomorrow for the BIG payday!
            NFL 17: 45-47-2 // 48.91% // -10.12
            MMA: 247-332-2 // 42.66% // -6.04
            MLB 17: 151-140-8 // 51.89% // +5.65 ROR // +42.13
            NCAAF 17: 63-49-2 // 56.25% // +6.80
            Updated on 01/13/18
            ---
            One of my 2018 resolutions: no more action gambling.

Comment

nice Cuse!
              ...toke on...

Comment

:bow:

Comment

hell of a night Cuse!! what do you think of your boys tonight??
                  To A Phillies World Series :beerbang:

Flyers and Eagles --- its your turn:beerbang:

1 unit=25 dollars
                  2 units=50, etc.. and so on

Comment

Originally posted by PhillyFan3 View Post
                    hell of a night Cuse!! what do you think of your boys tonight??
                    I like their chances in what I think will be a close game. They're gonna zone the crap out of the Sooners and I think it's gonna come down to whether or not Austin Johnson and Willie Warren can make outside shots. Onuaka, Jackson, and Onganet have 15 fouls to give on Griffin, and I expect them to use almost all of them and make him score from the line. I hope Cuse gets it's done!!!

Comment

Wonderful job man!
                      Awesome Awesome night....
                      You hit everything spot on....
                      If it ain't fun, don't do it!

Comment

Adds

Thanks guys, hope everyone else cashed too! Tonight's games I'm really looking forward to as well. I want to see if North Carolina can put up 100, and of course, the Syracuse/Oklahoma game. I have the parlay and the two teases pending with North Carolina the only loose end in all three.

2 UNIT
                        Kansas (Pk). The Spartans mangled a young JayHawk team earlier in the year, but I don't get the sense that this is the same KU team. Collins has been playing spectacular basketball, Aldrich is coming off a triple double, and the Morris twins and Ty Taylor are not really freshman anymore. MSU has more size overall, but if Aldrich can stay on the floor he's better than Suton, and Raymar Morgan is one of the most overrated players to come out of high school in a long time, IMHO. I think the twins can slow him down, I'm more worried about Roe, whose been playing well. Both these teams want to run, but I'm not sure that will come to fruition, so I went with Kansas in what should be a tight ballgame.

Syracuse (Pk). The key to this game is going be how well OU can shoot the three. If Johnson, Warren, and Crocker are knocking their 3's down, then Cuse is probably going home. Griffin is going to get his 20 and 10, but I think Onuaka, Jackson, and Onganet are going to be very physical with him and use all 13-14 of those fouls if need be. Jonny Flynn is playing on another level right now, and getting open looks for Rautins and Devendorf. I think Flynn and Devo will Cuse past the Sooners tonight.

1 UNIT
                        North Carolina (-7.5). This is really an unnecessary (and greedy) play, but I think UNC wins by 20+ tonight. I don't think this game is close for 30 seconds, and I think UNC puts up a hundy spot on Gonzaga's "defense". Hansbrough and Thompson should get their way inside, and Gonzaga is going to have trouble with the go-go-go Heels, I think. The Zags looked like a high school team against Memphis, and while I think they'll core tonight, it won't nearly be enough.

North Carolina 1H (-4)
                        Gonzaga/North Carolina 1H OVER 76
                        North Carolina team total OVER 85
                        North Carolina team total 1H OVER 40.5

1 UNIT TEASE
                        Louisville (-2.5)/North Carolina (-0.5)/Gonzaga-North Carolina OVER 155.5

Last edited by CuseFan10; 03-27-2009, 05:00 PM.

Comment

GL Cuse! Like all the plays (like that matters, lol)

You think the Syracuse game goes over tonight?

Comment

NICE RUN LATELY

Mizzou and Nova i have in the final four in your bracket ....

chainsawfarts isn't doing too good :laughing:
                            Keep em in the hole, Down in the hole

NCAA STR PLAYS YTD
                            (5-6) -1.5

NCAA 3 PICKS PARLAYS YTD
                            (1-1) +1 unit

NCAA ML STR PLAYS YTD
                            (0-2) -1 unit

NBA STR PLAYS YTD
                            (2-0) +2.5 units

Comment

[QUOTE=CuseFan10;197677]

North Carolina (-7.5). This is really an unnecessary (and greedy) play, but I think UNC wins by 20+ tonight. I don't think this game is close for 30 seconds,

QUOTE]

I so agree gonzaga is in big trouble, unc is a power house and a scoring machine, gonzaga gave 81 points to western kentucky, north carolina scores a 100 tonight and is ahead by double digits at halftime IMO

with you on kansas too

good luck man:beerbang:
                              NCAAF YTD
                              Overall

67-46-2 +41.08 units

Comment

Working...
                              X