X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UNC / OKLA TOTAL DISCUSSION

I see the total anywhere from 163.5 to 164.5

I think its much too high

I've been looking over Elite 8, Final 4, and Championship games over the last few years. Very few games have gone over a number this high in this pressure packed games.

A couple things....

1. the best teams with the best athletes really begin to D up
    2. teams tighten up and shots dont fall like theyre used to
    3. games have fewer possesions especially towards the end of both halves

I think this total goes under.

Id appreciate some commentary on this before tip off

UNC hasn't played a lick of defense all season nor did any other teams in the ACC. but i do think that OKLA will turn this into a half court grinder type of game and i would lean to the Under. I think nerves sometimes play a role and the 1H under may be the best call. Just like in the MSU game where both teams shot poorly in the first 10 minutes.

OKLA won't beat UNC 90-87 and their best hopes of winning lie in a game in the low 70's to 60's.

Also i can't read anything into their sweet 16 game because Gonzaga might have played some of the worst defense in the tournament.

I would play Under 164 and Under 1H
    I am the M'bah a'Flyers Fan !

Comment

I took the UNC ML to win 2.5 units.. so risking 8 units to win it.

* and I hope I lose my 8 units, because I hate that baby blue team.
      2009 NCAA Football
      Record: 41-38-1
      +/- Units: +1.69

2009 NFL Football
      Record: 11-14-0
      +/- Units: -2.71

2009-10 NBA Basketball
      Record: 15-15-2
      +/- Units: -0.68

All favorites to win 1 unit, all dogs to win 1 unit, unless otherwise noted!

<-- look at him go!

Comment

Couldnt be more right about NC not playin defense this whole year.

HOWEVER, these games to get to the final four, teams play both ways because its what theyve worked up to all year.

Balls to the wall, for lack of a better term. More D.

And great point on how Okla can't beat this team 90-87...or something like that, so theyll be playing mad D with Griffin inside and try to control like MSU

IM on the under...GL with all your plays

Comment

UNC's defense wasn't bad this year (wasn't good either), I think they were like 4th or 5th in the ACC in defensive efficiency. When they push the ball as hard as they do that also gives the other team a lot more possessions/opportunities to score.
          2009 NCAA Football
          Record: 41-38-1
          +/- Units: +1.69

2009 NFL Football
          Record: 11-14-0
          +/- Units: -2.71

2009-10 NBA Basketball
          Record: 15-15-2
          +/- Units: -0.68

All favorites to win 1 unit, all dogs to win 1 unit, unless otherwise noted!

<-- look at him go!

Comment

Originally posted by FlyersFan View Post
            I think nerves sometimes play a role and the 1H under may be the best call.

I would play Under 164 and Under 1H
            :thumbs: ....1H under easily in the books......should have played the game under too but didn't....thought 1H was the better play.

GL!....on the game under....hopefully they don't put up 110 points in the 2H on you....:hide:
            I am the M'bah a'Flyers Fan !

Comment

110 in the 2nd half and I will be doing this :bang: til sometime next month

Luckily, April 1st is right around the corner...knock on wood
              Last edited by Details-Details; 03-29-2009, 05:14 PM.

Comment

Good Read Details. :thumbs:

Oklahoma is pathetic when only Blake Griffin can score. They've been just plain sloppy on offense today... turnover... turnover... brick... turnover... UNC knows to double team Blake Griffin and OU is cuffed. Shots from behind the arc for OU have just been ugly. Not necessarily contested, just flat out BRICKS! I bet they'll make some adjustments 2nd half, but Under looks to be the call in this one. I figured the Heels would push it and make OU keep up, but OU couldn't keep up with Cleveland State right now.

Oh yeah, and the only reason Taylor Griffin is on the team is because of his brother. He sucks. I could take him.
                Last edited by Biff_Tannen; 03-29-2009, 05:44 PM.
                "Half of life is luck... the other half is discipline..."

Comment

Awesome thread guys.....

Based on the thread I hit the 1st half under for 1 unit
                  Game under for 2 units
                  and tried to press with a 2nd Half OVER with a 25pt middle...that lost by 4
                  but still a 2 unit hit just by reading the thread.....awesome job!
                  If it ain't fun, don't do it!

Comment

Working...
                  X