Well......Crap.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well......Crap.

Xavier just can't keep a highly successful coach. Guess you just have to know your position in life. I find it odd that Miller, being a mid west/east coast guy, turned down rebuilding IU last year after losing Burrell, Lavender and Duncan only to choose to go out west, where he has no ties, and rebuild Arizona...especially with the best team Xavier may ever have coming back next year.

Oh well....I wish he hadn't changed his mind 3 times in 24 hours....kind of a little too much of an emotional rollercoaster for my taste. After he turned down Zona last night, I was on cloud nine....when I heard the news in my car today, I felt like I had been kicked in the balls.

Xavier fans are in a bit of meltdown mode right now. Not so much because he took the job, but because as of 11:00 p.m. last night, he turned it down only to change his mind today. I read that the players were really, really mad. Half of them are talking about transferring, etc. and one recruit already decommitted. Friggin' brutal. Wonder if Brown will now go pro....also heard that Crawford is thinking about going pro too.

Luckily Xavier's AD is an absolute stud....he is two for two with Matta and Miller and I know he'll get someone good.

Such is the life of a fan of a team not in the Big 6.

Good luck to Miller.....he's getting paid....in the end, that's always what its all about. I'm pretty sure he will be able to rebuild Zona into a monster regardless of the lack of west coast ties.
    "You come at the King, you best not miss." Omar

Nigel, I am an X fan as well and am crushed by this move...

:bang: :puke: :bang:

Comment

Nigel- feel your pain, but here is the simple math:

X is NOT a big time program. You can talk all you want about their runs the past 3-5 years but when i think big time college hoops programs, X is not in the mix (and you know i grew up in cincy and like X). It unfortunately for X fans is a stopping ground for good coaches like so many of the other mid major type programs. You're just not going to get a good coach to stay at X forever. The nice thing about your program is that you seem very capable as a school of finding a guy just as good to take the place of whoever leaves.

You can't blame coaches for moving up in the world. People like challenges and i don't think you could argue that MIller had done about everything he could do at X. Time for a new and bigger challenge. I am not a fan at all of all the coach hopping honestly, but if you can fire a coach then a coach should be able to leave when he wants too. The contract goes both ways IMO.

I think it's a tribute to X that it was such a tough choice for Miller. I wouldn't be pissed that the guy went back and forth. His heart probably said X and his mind said Arizona. In the end it was Arizona.
      I am the M'bah a'Flyers Fan !

Comment

Originally posted by FlyersFan View Post
        Nigel- feel your pain, but here is the simple math:

X is NOT a big time program. You can talk all you want about their runs the past 3-5 years but when i think big time college hoops programs, X is not in the mix (and you know i grew up in cincy and like X). It unfortunately for X fans is a stopping ground for good coaches like so many of the other mid major type programs. You're just not going to get a good coach to stay at X forever. The nice thing about your program is that you seem very capable as a school of finding a guy just as good to take the place of whoever leaves.

You can't blame coaches for moving up in the world. People like challenges and i don't think you could argue that MIller had done about everything he could do at X. Time for a new and bigger challenge. I am not a fan at all of all the coach hopping honestly, but if you can fire a coach then a coach should be able to leave when he wants too. The contract goes both ways IMO.

I think it's a tribute to X that it was such a tough choice for Miller. I wouldn't be pissed that the guy went back and forth. His heart probably said X and his mind said Arizona. In the end it was Arizona.
        Yep agreed...your first paragraph pretty much summed up everything I posted. I don't disagree with anything you've posted here. X's program is trying to become a destination program....not sure if that will ever happen....but you have to have goals and X is committed 100% to trying to achieve it. Stay tuned, I guess.
        "You come at the King, you best not miss." Omar

Comment

I thought it was a possibly

Dixon would jump ship and head to ZONA
          and
          Miller would be the front runner for the Pitt job ...

sucks for X :bang:
          Keep em in the hole, Down in the hole

NCAA STR PLAYS YTD
          (5-6) -1.5

NCAA 3 PICKS PARLAYS YTD
          (1-1) +1 unit

NCAA ML STR PLAYS YTD
          (0-2) -1 unit

NBA STR PLAYS YTD
          (2-0) +2.5 units

Comment

Working...