Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nigel's A10 Picks -- 3/3/07

YTD: 0-1 (and pissed off about it)

Gonna try to get that first loss on this site monkey off my back. Been picking fairly well until I missed that GW/Charl over by 21 friggin' points. Anyway, I like these lines....I'm picking more than usual, but really like these.

Xavier -12 @ LaSalle -- LaSalle might have a bit of an attitude after getting humiliated by UMass Wed. night. Don't think it matters here. X's seniors...Doellman, Cage and Cole have never won an A10 regular season championship in their careers. They'll be focused and playing well tomorrow. X just has this LaSalle team totally overmatched. Its a lot of road chalk to swallow, but I think X wins this one by around 20. You have to wonder if LaSalle has any fight left in them.

Fordham -4 v. Temple -- Temple has lost 4 of its last 5 games...Fordham has won 3 straight (3 of last 5) with a win @ URI in there. Temple lost @ home to Dayton on Wednesday...Dayton's 2nd away win of the season. Rose Hill is not an easy place to play. I'll give the 4 at Fordham tomorrow.

UMass Pick @ St. Joe's -- St. Joe's played pretty well @ Xavier on Wednesday. Nivens is a beast...only problem is that UMass is playing some serious basketball right now and they've got both Freeman and Lasme to deal with Nivens. I think the world of Martelli, but I don't think his team has enough to pull out this win....UMass is playing for a tie of the A10 Championship if X wins. UMass on a five game winning streak. This team is seriously for real. As an X fan, not sure I want anything to do with UMass right now. I think Lasme, Freeman and Forbes lead the Minutemen to a close and tough fought win.

Favorite Play Of The Day:

URI -3.5 @ Richmond -- URI is playing for a first round bye in this game. Richmond has played better of late....beating St. Joe at home and losing by only 10 @ SLU in their last 2 games. URI has lost two in a row but has played very well on the road in the A10...losing @ UMass, Xavier, and SLU (three of toughest venues in the A10) but winning @ St. Joe's (not easy), @ Fordham, @ Temple and @ Duquesne when they were hot. Richmond isn't even going to make the A10 tourney this year. I think URI wins by DDs in this one.

A lot of chalk...don't like usually taking 3 faves and a pickem within one conference...but I think the teams in this conference have separated from one another.

Still looking at SLU/UD..actually leaning towards taking the points in that one...will update tomorrow.

GL!! :thumbs:
    "You come at the King, you best not miss." Omar

GL Nigel
    NFL 0-0 +0.00units

NCAAF 8-10 -9.20units

Comment

Was just looking at Xavier and I agree about the 20+ win. Looks like LaSalle has packed it in while Xavier should be focused in this one.

GL
      "All I ask for is the opportunity to prove that money won't make me happy" ---- Unknown:booz:

Comment

Lovin' X tomorrow, Nigel! :thumbs: GL tomorrow!
        2010 NFL Football

1-0 +$1,000

2010 NCAA Football

1-0 +$1,500

Soccer

68-16 +$18,429.12

2010 WORLD CUP

25-10 +$17,964.62

Comment

Liking the Fordham pick also.
          "All I ask for is the opportunity to prove that money won't make me happy" ---- Unknown:booz:

Comment

Careful w/ that UMASS pic...they are kinda soft on the road but should be able to pull it out, st. joes is no good.

Good luck!!

Comment

Originally posted by budfoxx View Post
              Careful w/ that UMASS pic...they are kinda soft on the road but should be able to pull it out, st. joes is no good.

Good luck!!
              Maybe I'm an A10 homer, but I wouldn't say St. Joe's is no good. They aren't world beaters...but Martelli usually has his guys ready to play. Nivens is pretty tough down low. I definitely wouldn't say Mass is soft on the road. They have started slow is some road A10 games, but since they've been on their winning streak, they've been putting it to teams. I actually think UMass is a team that is better on the floor than they are on paper. This is a team that I truly don't think anybody would want to play in the tourney, should they make it. Lasme and Freeman soft....nah. If UMass loses tomorrow, which they certainly could...it will be because Martelli formulated a great game plan and becuase St. Joe just beats them.

I'll still take my chances on UMass...I think they are on a mission. IMHO, wouldn't be surprised to see them win the A10 tourney over X in the finals. As an X fan, I'm not sure X could beat them on a neutral floor. The only major flaw UMass has is that they can't hit free throws....that could hurt them in any tourney scenario..be it A10, NIT or NCAA.

The game should be a battle though.

Either way, GL!! :thumbs:
              "You come at the King, you best not miss." Omar

Comment

on uri myself nigel
                CFB

O/U 1-2

Comment

GL Nigel.. What's your take on Dayton-St Lou.?
                  Overall Records

Each play is to win the # of units posted unless it's a dog then I'm betting that amount.

Comment

BOL on the day Nigel...right there with you on the "X"
                    :thumbs:
                    "A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives" Jackie Robinson

Comment

GL on the A-10 picks Nigel!
                      2008-09 NCAABB YTD:+9.7 units
                      2008-09 NBA YTD:+1.55 units
                      2009 MLB YTD:+3.33 units
                      ML:(32-27) +3.48 units
                      Total O/U:(1-1) -.15 units
                      *All plays risk 1 unit
                      Updated as of 6/25/2009

Comment

GL Nigel , tailing you with Fordham and Umass

NCAAB 26-15 (+11 u)