Hope you enjoyed it OSU fans

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hope you enjoyed it OSU fans

Bye bye Oden, bye bye Conley, and bye bye Cook (which is ridiculous). DaeQuan Cook is nothing but chucker. The lineup of Butler, Lighty, Hunter, and Terwilliger is on the way!!!!

Dumbest decisions to date to leave school early (I'm sure I missed a couple from smaller school guys on crack):

1- Glen Davis
    2- DaeQuan Cook
    3 - Josh McRoberts
    Last edited by CuseFan10; 04-12-2007, 10:15 AM.

Are you referring to :

THE FLORIDA UNIVERSITY @ Columbus ?
    Keep em in the hole, Down in the hole

NCAA STR PLAYS YTD
    (5-6) -1.5

NCAA 3 PICKS PARLAYS YTD
    (1-1) +1 unit

NCAA ML STR PLAYS YTD
    (0-2) -1 unit

NBA STR PLAYS YTD
    (2-0) +2.5 units

Comment

KNOW SOMETHING WE HAVEN'T HEARD YET IN oHIo?

Oden, Conley Undecided About Jump to NBA
      By RUSTY MILLER
      AP Sports Writer
      April 12, 2007, 12:41 AM EDT

COLUMBUS, Ohio -- Greg Oden still doesn't know if he's going to the NBA or staying at Ohio State. As for Buckeyes point guard Mike Conley Jr., "I already told Mike that I was going to break his legs if he leaves," teammate Jamar Butler said with a laugh.

The Buckeyes said thanks to an estimated 4,000 fans at Value City Arena on Wednesday night. Those looking for insight into what the 7-foot Oden or his close friend and high school teammate, Conley, are going to do must have gone home disappointed. Oden and Conley, the freshmen who led the Buckeyes to the national championship game, only spoke during a brief interview session with a couple of former Ohio State players, Bill Hosket and Ron Stokes.

At one point, Hosket said he was going to ask the one question that everyone wanted an answer to -- then asked Oden and Conley what they had for lunch. "Chicken," Oden said. "Turkey," Conley added, the crowd roaring with laughter.

Coach Thad Matta later said he had met with Oden on Tuesday night but they only spoke in generalities. Oden and Conley have until midnight on April 29 to declare whether they intend to make themselves available for the NBA draft. Freshman Daequan Cook is also considering a jump to the pros.

"I don't think he (Oden) has thought about it," Matta said. "This is very similar to their recruiting process where everybody says, 'They know where they're going, they know where they're going ...' and they don't. As I look back on their recruitment, they were very analytical, they were very thorough, and very in-depth to what they were looking for. It's kind of the same technique they'll use in this regard."

Oden is almost a lock to be taken No. 1, despite the presence of another stellar freshman, Texas' Kevin Durant, who announced Tuesday that he'll move on to the pros. Oden's size, defensive ability, mobility and athleticism are a rare combination for a 19-year-old 7-footer. All three Ohio State players are in the process of filing paperwork with the NBA to determine how much interest there is. Conley, a quick and cerebral point guard, had a terrific NCAA tournament and greatly improved his stature in the eyes of scouts.

"Every kid is different," said Matta, who added that he will not try to talk any players out of leaving. "People write things when they have no idea of who the person is, his upbringing, his family. Have you ever played for a national championship? Have you ever gone through the selection Sunday show and the rush when 'Ohio State' comes up? To some kids, that's important."

One fan held a sign that said, "Greg and Mike, PLEASE STAY!!" When Oden was introduced, the crowd chanted, "One More Year!"

That prompted walk-on, seldom-used guard Mark Titus to grab the biggest response of the night. He took the microphone and said, "I heard the fans chanting 'one more year.' I sat down with my family and just want to say that I'll be back next year."

His teammates almost fell out of their chairs from laughing so hard. Matta said he cannot gauge what Oden or Conley will decide.

"I don't think I'd be shocked either way," he said.
      Batman: "If you can't spend it, money's just a lot of worthless paper, isn't it?" :phew:

Comment

DaeQuan Cook will be the consummate NBA player....shoot first and pass later!
        :bang: LMAO
        Batman: "If you can't spend it, money's just a lot of worthless paper, isn't it?" :phew:

Comment

Rick Majerus a couple weeks back basically just stopped short of laughing and saying Cook going to the NBA was a complete joke.....which it is. He has ZERO shot selection. See Scotty Thurmond of Arkansas if you want to know how Cook's NBA career is going to go. What may be an even bigger joke and a complete indictment on how ****TY the NBA is, is that Cook may go in the first round. I hope the entire NBA gets taken over by Euros and the Euros run out all these AAU Hot Sauces who have no skills on either end and make the NBA unwatchable.

On a side note, yeah Cuse it was a fun season. And unfortunately that is what the college game has become for the most part. The money is so BIG that these guys can't pass it up. As Oden's dad said, he loves college, but why stay and risk an injury when you can go pot 4M a year or whatever rediculous amount most of these guys get to do nothing for their first 3 years (though i think Oden will earn his change and i have no problem with guys who actually earn their fat contracts). The need to go buy yourself a sweet Mr.T starter kit is all these kids see and most of them get horrible advice from those around them, which normally are agents and anyone else who thinks they can get a hand in the kids pocket. I think the whole thing is sad period, but it is what it is unfortunately. That is why i think i have taken to watching more games i would have never watched before like the CAA, MVC and teams like UNR.
          I am the M'bah a'Flyers Fan !

Comment

Yea, I heard Oden's dad today (yesterday, whatever) essentially say he wants to stay but it's just not a smart decision. Who can blame him? I can't.

I do, however, think it's ridiculous that Conley and Cook have attached themselves so much to Oden as if anyone cares about them? They are saying it's an all or nothing decision. They all go, or they all stay. What a ******* joke? Cook was INVISIBLE in the NCAA tournament and got supremely upstaged by Lighty (who will be a star in time), and Conley I guess I can't blame because there is no way on Earth he gets by the Hawks (who haven't had a point guard in decades). If Tony Parker can be an All Star by making nothing but layups then I guess Mike Conley Jr can too. It amazes me how guys like them that can't shoot at all still get to the basket at will.

Comment

Originally posted by CuseFan10 View Post
              It amazes me how guys like them that can't shoot at all still get to the basket at will.

NBA Players' game checklist

1) shoot
              2) shoot
              3) shoot
              4) shoot
              5) shoot....................
              15281) shoot
              15282) pass
              15283) rebound
              15284) DEFEND.....

in that order cuse...and there is your answer...
              I am the M'bah a'Flyers Fan !

Comment

Riding the coat tails is right....especially in Cook's case! He's a loser and needs at least 3 more years to even be ready for the WNBA!:glass:

Comment

Working...
                X