Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NCAA Roundball - Woeful Wed - Nov 18

Not much jumping out at me today on the card

This game and this line scares me, also Im pretty much due for a loss but here it goes

Butler Bulldogs - 5

I don't like going against NW at home, but with 2 huge injuries I look for them to play below par. Bulldogs have won 21 str8 in November.

Add:

Kent State Golden Flashes -3

Looking for a strong bounce back game after the OT loss, if they don't win I get to kick Uncey joe so its a win win situation. :beerbang:

Still capping the rest of the card, may not be anymore plays though from early looks.

GL to everyone and w/e you play! :thumbs:

(YTD: 2 - 0 )
    Last edited by nikkins; 11-18-2009, 02:57 PM.
    Its not an addiction, its a way of life

Originally posted by nikkins View Post
    Kent State Golden Flashes -3. Looking for a strong bounce back game after the OT loss, if they don't win I get to kick Uncey joe so its a win win situation. :beerbang: (YTD: 2 - 0 )
    It better be a swift kick in the knee or I ain't gonna feel it....I'm so old all my adipose tissue is dead.....that means I'm a lard ass.....:laughing:

You ought to have seen the way The Flashes lost against UW-Green Bay in OT! They actually played horrible in the first half of that game and trailed by as much as 15 points before taking the lead with 8 mins. left. and then blowing that lead and going to OT. Kent scored with 2.7 secs. left in OT and UWGB heaved a pass to midcourt that was intercepted by Kent's Tyree Evans who fell to the floor with the ball.....no traveling call or foul call as he was bumped by the Phoenix defender. The loose ball bounded on the sideline and a UW player picked it up and heaved it at the bucket from in front of his bench and it went in. There was much discussion, but because the game wasn't on TV the replay could not be consulted. The ball was clearly out of bounds but Kent lost by 1pt.

He's are the comments but a local sportswriter about the ending:

2.7 seconds…. 2 missed calls
    Sunday, November 15th, 2009 | General Discussions | DavidCarducci

I’ve been inundated by emails regarding the last 2.7 seconds of Kent State’s overtime loss to Wisconsin-Bay.

Everyone has the same questions:

Did I see the video?

Was Tyree Evans fouled?

Was the ball out of bounds?

Did the deciding play take longer than 2.7 seconds.

The answers are yes, yes, yes and I’m not sure but I think so.

I have seen the replay in slow motion and in zoom and it is perfectly clear that Bo Boroski blew at least two calls to decide the game.

First, Fletcher clearly fouled Evans on the inbound pass. Boroski was five feet away staring at the play and didn’t blow his whistle. That’s not so bad considering the physical play of the last 10 minutes of regulation and all of overtime.

The ball then clearly rolled out of bounds before Perine picked it up and heaved it.

I slowed it down. I zoomed it in. The ball is out of bounds. It isn’t even close.

Boroski was standing on the sideline staring right at the play. How a veteran official of eight years with more than 300 games under his belt could miss that call is hard to believe. It’s actually inexcusable.

Listen, I could see that the ball was out of bounds from my media perch in the rafters of the M.A.C. Center.

But really, who is surprised?

What I found most disappointing about Sunday was Boroski’s theatrical one-armed flush in front of Geno Ford to signal the the final basket as “good.” When you blow two calls, including one that should have been pretty easy … you can probably lose the Dick-Bavetta theatrics. Boroski even had to run around a pack of people to make the flashy show. It was more than a little bit embarrassing.
    Batman: "If you can't spend it, money's just a lot of worthless paper, isn't it?" :phew:

Comment

Well it looks like Kent wanted to bounce back and make a statement.

Update:
      Butler Bulldogs - 5 - Win
      Kent State Golden Flashes -3 - Win

2 - 0 on the day :thumbs:

(YTD: 4 - 0 ) - :beerbang:
      Its not an addiction, its a way of life

Comment

Stop while you're ahead, or a head! :laughing:
        Thank goodness for Tyree Evans and 4/5 from 3-ball land.....the Sunday last second loss to UWGB may be a blessing itself. But boy they'll miss Singletary if he can't make it back for the Pitt game on Dec. 13.....

Nice work tonight.....:thumbs:
        Batman: "If you can't spend it, money's just a lot of worthless paper, isn't it?" :phew:

Comment

Nice call on Butler....I stuck them in a small parlay that I didn't post...but the more I thought about that line, the more I liked Butler...just pussed out. That line was a slap in the face to Butler. Northwestern might be tough at home but I can guarandamntee you that any other team in the top 10 would have been favored by 8.5 to 9. IMHO, Butler was only favored by 4 because they are a non BCS team playing a BCS team at their place. Butler returns everyone from a team that was tough as hell last year. With what they have returning, they should be a legit top 10-15 team all year and put up a really gaudy record and get a nice seed.

Nice job pulling the trigger on that one.
          "You come at the King, you best not miss." Omar

Comment

Working...
          X