KENT STATE INJURY UPDATE!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KENT STATE INJURY UPDATE!!!

Sorry guys...totally missed this one and my wager was already in this AM!

FROM THE RAVENNA RECORD_COURIER SPORTS BLOG:

Singletary out … for how long?
    Wednesday, November 18th, 2009 | General Discussions | DavidCarducci

Update from the Beeghly Center…

Chris Singletary will miss tonight’s game at Youngstown State and then possibly an extended period of time following surgery to repair a torn meniscus.

Surgery is scheduled for Friday. While KSU’s official statement says Singletary will miss “the next few games” and “no definitive return date has been set at this point,” recovery from this type of surgery is usually between one and six weeks.

Mike McKee is the probable starter at small forward, but the injury could also mean more minutes for true freshman point guard Randal Holt with junior Rod Sherman sliding to Singletary’s three spot.

Singletary was injured in the closing seconds of regulation Sunday when as he banked in a layup to send the Flashes game with Wisconsin-Green Bay into overtime.

Named to the preseason All-MAC team, Singletary led Kent State (2-1) with 19 points and seven rebounds in the season opening 69-66 win over Samford last Friday. He is averaging 11.0 points and 4.7 rebounds through three games this season for the Golden Flashes.
    Batman: "If you can't spend it, money's just a lot of worthless paper, isn't it?" :phew:

wonderful.....:bang:
    Its not an addiction, its a way of life

Comment

My sentiments exactly......it was just reported in the writer's blog from the Beeghly Center at YSU! :bitching::blackeye:
      Batman: "If you can't spend it, money's just a lot of worthless paper, isn't it?" :phew:

Comment

Dagger
        Its not an addiction, its a way of life

Comment

While I don't know much about Kent State, I noticed you picked them to finish second in their division in your MAC preview. I saw Youngstown State play Xavier last Friday and the announcers stated that they had 99% of their three point shooting scoring back from last year and the team stayed in Youngstown all summer to play together.....I don't know, man. They looked pretty bad. X played a pretty sloppy game and just pummeled them. If KSU has some athletes, I've got to believe YSU will have a lot of difficultly defending them. I would like to think that a predicted 2nd place team in the MAC should be able to beat them pretty handily, with or without this injured player. Course I guess that also depends on if your prediction is garbage or not...lol.

Is this a rivalry game or something based on proximity? A "throw the records out the book" kind of game?

Like I said, the YSU team I saw play on Friday night was pretty bad.

Guess we'll see....gl!
          Last edited by Nigel Tufnel; 11-18-2009, 07:09 PM.
          "You come at the King, you best not miss." Omar

Comment

Nigel, YSU a real different team when playing Kent especially in Y-town! They are/were 5-0 ATS against Kent in the last 5 meetings and won 2 of the last 3 meetings there. Close 1st half but the Flashes managed to go up by 14 late in the game and then kind of coasted to a 9 point win.....always a touch matchup since Kent usually plays them after a big game like Duke, North Carolina....and they've gotten bitten by the Penguins....but not tonight. That UWGB loss may have been good medicine....

Comment

Gotcha, JoePa. Didn't know any of those stats. Sounds like recently it has been a "throw the records out" type of game. Think that's one the reasons Dayton stopped playing Wright State....one of those games where the better team is in a no win type of situation. Close proximity and if you win, you're supposed to win and if you lose, it really does some damage.

I was just basing my opinion on what I saw Friday night....they were pretty brutal.
              "You come at the King, you best not miss." Omar

Comment

Working...
              X