XAVIER -15 vs. Kent W
    IONA -7.5 vs. St. Pete's SU LOSS @ Home

OVEN MITT YTD: 8 - 2 - 1
    12/3: 1 - 0

He's on a 7 - 1 - 1 run......

"DEFINITELY"
    AUBURN -9.5 vs. Troy L

GL! :sm:
    Last edited by joepa66; 12-05-2009, 01:03 PM.
    Batman: "If you can't spend it, money's just a lot of worthless paper, isn't it?" :phew:

Good luck, JoePa. However, I'd be remiss if I didn't tell you that your Flashes are in for the ass whuppin' of a lifetime tonight. X is pissed about their showing @ the old spice classic and I thnk KS is going to have to deal with that tonight at the Cintas. Line is X -15....from what I've heard locally about Mack, this team and how they've dealt with the disappointment of the trip to Orlando, I'd Thnk about taking X -25. The Flash are entering a hornet's nest tonite...
    "You come at the King, you best not miss." Omar

Comment

Originally posted by Nigel Tufnel View Post
      .....Flashes are in for the ass whuppin' of a lifetime tonight.....Line is X -15....I'd Thnk about taking X -25. The Flash are entering a hornet's nest tonite...
      You're preaching to the choir bro! The Flashes would have to play their absolute best and X play their absolute worst for the game to be near 12-15 points. Not that it matters but Kent would also have stood a better chance with a healthy Chris Singletary who was averaging 11ppg and 8reb, and who is their best defender. He may play some but he's just 2 weeks from meniscus surgery.

Also, Kent backup point guard frosh Randal Holt tore his meniscus, didn't play last week, and was scheduled for surgery today. If I were Xavier I'd press the hell out of Kent. They are limited in the number of ball handlers. And if all that isn't enough, their converted point guard Rod Sherman who had ACL surgery last year, wears a brace that has slowed him down and he's been doing all their scoring albeit while he's also been making turnovers (which guards are prone to do) but his ball handling is still suspect.
      Last edited by joepa66; 12-04-2009, 06:03 PM.
      Batman: "If you can't spend it, money's just a lot of worthless paper, isn't it?" :phew:

Comment

Blog from KSU beat writer David Carducci:

Singletary ready for Xavier?
        Thursday, December 3rd, 2009 | General Discussions | DavidCarducci

Chris Singletary could be available for Friday’s game at Xavier. I watched Singletary practice at the M.A.C. Center on Wednesday, and he looked good. He moved well, ran up and down the court and seemed to have no pain.

Ford said Singletary has been cleared to play by the team’s doctor. But, he said the key would be how much Singletary’s knee swelled up overnight after practicing. I took it as a good sign when Singletary boarded the team bus this morning. Singletary said he was “feeling good” a few minutes before KSU left for its Thursday night practice at Xavier’s Cintas Center.

So, all signs point to Singletary seeing some playing time tomorrow night. My hunch is he will see limited action off the bench … maybe a short shift or two in each half.

He should be ready for extended duty next week when the Flashes play at Pittsburgh.

HOLT UPDATE … Randal Holt is scheduled to have surgery to repair the meniscus in his knee on Friday. Look for him to miss between two and four weeks.

Comment

Nigel.....you know I'm breaking my number one rule of not betting for or against my favorite teams, but when you know it's right......

Also, for years I've wanted to come to Cinci and take in an X game.....like the crosstown shootout or something. Kind of a closet X fan....always root for them. How about it, any chance we could meet up for a game?! Of course I'd buy the Hudie and Skyliners.......:thumbs::beerbang:

Comment

GL TONIGHT!!!:thumbs:
            Last Wager placed 01/11/09 - Loss
            Taking a sabbatical from wagering

Comment

gl tonight joe, riding with u and nigel on the xmen

Comment

GL today JoePa...hope your weekend starts on the + side.
                :beerbang:

Comment

I gots the Flashes......

I may eat my words, but X has beaten nobody. BG blows ass and Creighton is 2-4. Both Kent and X beat YSU.

I think 15 is too many.
                  Go Boilers!
                  thru 2/3

NCAAF ’20 215-187-5 +75.19
                  NCAAF ’21 200-169-7 +37.80
                  NCAAF '22 239-216-14 +24.41

NFL ’20 128-110-8 +50.21
                  NFL ’21 94-102-3 -15.37
                  NFL '22 186-165-9 +54.63

NCAAB ’21-22 908-771-42 +196.07
                  NCAAB '22-23 510-488-9 -43.13

NHL '20-21 171-154-2 +42.97
                  NHL ’21-22 223-241-5 -65.79
                  NHL '22-23 153-149-3 -21.97

NBA ’20-21 241-223-7 +11.97
                  NBA ’21-22 282-266-6 -1.93
                  NBA '22-23 225-246-9 -94.88

Comment

Would be a huge thing for Kent if they could win this game.....they're shooting well and need those McKee 3s! I'm surprised X isn't pressuring the ball more.....ever think you'd say you'd trade wager loss for your team to win.

If Kent is going to lose I hope X covers......

Comment

Whew...I find it mind boggling that after such a poor performance in the Old Spice Classic that X would come out of the gates so slowly last night. First 15 minutes last night were horrendous. Last 25 were much better. I'm really kind of concerned about this team...I agree with BB...they haven't beaten anyone. Perhaps I'm being too impatient....they lost their three leading scorers from last year and their coach. On the flip side, the talent is definitely there....they just haven't seemed to gel. They better get their **** together...and fast...their slate of upcoming games is not easy. @Kansas State, Cincinnati, Butler, Miami (OH), LSU and @ Wake Forest. Ouch.

Joe, Kent shot really well from the three point line in the first half last night. X kind of tightened the screws on them in the 2nd half. X controlled the game in the second half, but it seemed like every time X was going to blow the doors off them, they would hit a key shot...they just wouldn't go away.

And absolutely we could hook up for a game...I didn't get season tickets this year (first time since I graduated)...but I'm sure we could get some tix. Crosstown Shootout would be tough though.

X probably shouldn't have covered last night...but after taking it on the chin with the Pats/Saints total, I feel the gambling Gods evened things out a little for me.
                      "You come at the King, you best not miss." Omar

Comment

Originally posted by Nigel Tufnel View Post
                        Joe, Kent shot really well from the three point line in the first half last night. X kind of tightened the screws on them in the 2nd half. X controlled the game in the second half, but it seemed like every time X was going to blow the doors off them, they would hit a key shot...they just wouldn't go away.

And absolutely we could hook up for a game...I didn't get season tickets this year (first time since I graduated)...but I'm sure we could get some tix. Crosstown Shootout would be tough though.

X probably shouldn't have covered last night...but after taking it on the chin with the Pats/Saints total, I feel the gambling Gods evened things out a little for me.
                        I feel fortunate to have the cover and Kent didn't go away and with being shorthanded I couldn't have asked for a better game from them! Have to check out that X schedule and see what game we can meet up for! :thumbs:

Comment

JOEPA'S UPDATED YTD: 56 - 46 - 3
                          UNITS: +4.25
                          12/4: 1 - 2 - 1
                          MAC: 14 - 7 - 1

OVEN MITT YTD: 8 - 3 - 1
                          12/4: 0 - 1

Comment

Working...
                          X