Tuesday

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tuesday

A couple of things about tonight's games.

Tonight Dayton takes on a team playing a similar style in George Mason. Both teams are very aggressive, yet solid on the defensive end and won't allow many easy baskets. George Mason is a team looking to get back on track after some difficulties on the road as of late. George Mason has struggled to shoot the ball effectively all season and they have struggled on the boards during the last few games. This is a situation that the Flyers can exploit. Dayton has a focus on rebounding at both ends and with a significant athletic advantage they should be able to pound the offensive boards to get easy buckets. This will also put a thin GM team in the position to foul. Dayton has also been improving their consistency since falling behind by 20 to Towson St. This will only continue to improve as Rob Lowery gets more minutes as the backup PG. He is a significant offensive upgrade over London Warren and not much of a falloff defensively. But the key is he provides solid PG play which they were not getting while also being able to add to the offense through drives and 3 pt shooting to help prevent the long scoreless droughts. These often were a result of Mickey Perry struggling as the backup PG and the Flyers having no other options than the offensive challenged, yet defensively stellar Warren.

I also heard a stat referenced by Frank Martin after the K St. game which was interesting where he said Dayton had won 20 of 21 games that were within one possession at the 1 minute mark before the K. St game. Even if that is slightly off, it points to their ability to close games under Coach Gregory. I expect the game to be played in the 5-8 point range for most of the game but I expect the Flyers to separate themselves with offensive rebounding and their relentless defensive pressure. I would also lean to the under as both teams are defensive minded and do a great job of preventing easy baskets.

Dayton -2' 2 Units

I am also adding

Butler +120 2 Units
    Indiana +8 1 Unit

as I will be enjoying the first of two nights at MSG tonight.
    MLB
    May
    Overall 43-43 +5.5 Units
    Sides 19-22 -0.0 Units
    Total 24-21 +5.5 Units

April
    Overall 61-44 +47.1 Units
    Sides 28-28 +4.0 Units
    Totals 33-16 +43.1 Units

Franchise,

Like the Flyers at First Glance!! Enjoy MSG!:thumbs:

Comment

Update...Chris johnson is questionable for the flyers tonight. He suffered a knee injury in a collision at practice sunday. He is currently going through drills to determine fitness. If I didn't have it at 2' I would have laid off the game now.
      MLB
      May
      Overall 43-43 +5.5 Units
      Sides 19-22 -0.0 Units
      Total 24-21 +5.5 Units

April
      Sides 28-28 +4.0 Units
      Totals 33-16 +43.1 Units

Comment

Thanks for the update Franchise.....I was looking at UD but may just lay off for now! :thumbs:
        Batman: "If you can't spend it, money's just a lot of worthless paper, isn't it?" :phew:

Comment

Adding two more

Indiana +9 1 more unit
          Miami (OH) +4 2 units
          I guess if 4 guys from the Y can beat Temple so can a few stiffs from Miami who had Dayton on the ropes early and couldn't close might be able to as well.
          MLB
          May
          Overall 43-43 +5.5 Units
          Sides 19-22 -0.0 Units
          Total 24-21 +5.5 Units

April
          Sides 28-28 +4.0 Units
          Totals 33-16 +43.1 Units

Comment

Working...
          X