X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lang Tuesday

Brandon Lang

NOTE:
    Joe Flacco and Cam Cameron. Why don't we call them Laurel and Hardy today.

1st and goal at the one. Just over 8 minutes to go. 24-14. Everything is right there for the cover.

You could QB sneak 4 times and get it. You can go 5 wide and run over right tackle behind Michael Oher and get it. You can go 5 wide and run a quick hitter to the fullback and get it.

NO. Let's run left tackle and lose 2 yards.

On 2nd and goal, let's roll out to the right, flood the right corner of the endzone with everybody, let's jam together 6 defensive backs and linebackers and 3 receivers and a tightend inside a 10 yard by 10 yard area and expect somebody to be open.

That was the brilliant play call you decided to come up with out of the timeout. That was your money call Cam. The best you had? Seriously Cam, spread them out and try a shuffle pass or a QB draw. That is creative out of the timeout.

But nope, let's roll Joey out and when this horrific play call, which was doomed from the start doesn't work let's have my moronic 2nd year QB throw back across his body, something you are taught at the pee wee football level to never do and throw the pick essentially ending any chance for the win let alone the cover.

Can't handicap penalties, turnovers and coaching stupidity, aka offensive coordinator Cam Cameron, and when you have all three rolling together on one Monday night, you got no shot at the cover.

Can't crawl through the TV and call plays. Wish I could but I can't. And I think that is what makes it sting just a tad more.

15 DIME - BUTLER BULLDOGS - Wouldn't suprise me in the least bit if Butler wins this game outright.

First of all, has Georgetown played anybody?

Let's see, Tulane, Temple, Savannah State, Lafayette, Mount St. Marys and American.

Jesus, me, and four friends who play down at the YMCA could reel off a 6-0 mark playing that schedule.

Now they have to step up and face Butler. A team that returns everyone from the NCAA tourney team last year and a team that is already road tested this year.

They have played at Northwestern, Minnesota, Ucla and Clemson.

Last check I don't see any American's in there, or Savannah State, or Lafayette or even Mount St Marys.

Butler will force Georgetown into a half court game but they will push up tempo as well and the difference in this game will be the experience of Butler versus a Hoyas team that returns just 2 starters, an unproven frontcourt and lack of depth in the backcourt.

I'm all over Butler tonight.

5 DIME - WISCONSIN-MILWAUKEE PANTHERS - Love this Rivalry and like the dog.

This is a Wisconsin-Milwaukee team that returns 4 starters from last year and they are playing some solid basketball right now.

They are 6-3 this year, have won 5 of their last 6 and amazingly enough, this is the first game they have been an underdog this year.

Marquette has lost 2 in a row both SU and ATS failing to cover a pk at Florida State and losing outright by 4 to NC State at home as a 10 1/2 point chalk.

They are banged up, working with a short bench and asking them to cover a double digit number against a rival school who has the experience to keep it close and will not feel any pressure at all.

This game will be a single digit game most of the way and if Wisconsin/Milwaukee can get hot from beyond the arc, they might smell the upset and go for blood.

I am grabbing the double diigits.

5 DIME - TEMPLE OWLS -Charles Coles.

He has come along way since his days as the varsity basketball coach at Saginaw High school back in the last 70's and early 80's. I know this because I played against Charlie and always admired his coaching style.

DEFENSE.

However, when Charlies teams don't play defense, they struggle and this team is playing no defense.

I can't remember a Coles coached team that allowed this many points. Only once this year have they held an opponent to under 60 points. That is not Charlie Coles basketball.

Yes, Miami was very competitive against Kentucky on the road but they will be very challenged offensively against a Temple team that is playing defense.

You start holding teams to 55 points or less, like Georgetown to 46, Penn State to 42, Ball State to 46 and high flying Dayton to 55, that tells me you are playing defense and laying 3 tonight is value I can't pass up with Temple.

FREE SELECTION - INDIANA HOOSIERS
    In the land of the dark, the ship of the sun is drivin' by
    The Grateful Dead..........
    "The Egyptian book of the Dead"

Ok coach Lang, lmfao. Nevermind the fact that your team did zero basically the whole game and was pretty much dominated from start to finish.

And obviously he needs a little math review. Final score was 27-14. Add a TD there and its 27-21 final, theoretically speaking. 27-21 = 6. 3.5 <6, therefore you lose anyway dickwipe, lol.

Has this guy ever admitted he was actually on the wrong side?

Comment

I kind of like his temple play, his reasoning is $&*(% though.

You cant cap penalties lol.. that's funny, once he realizes he sucks, he should get into comedy
      Last Wager placed 01/11/09 - Loss
      Taking a sabbatical from wagering

Comment

I am just pretending he doesn't like Butler. But he is also confused because Temple hasn't played Dayton yet. And he fails to point out that Temple didn't win two of those great defensive games.
        MLB
        May
        Overall 43-43 +5.5 Units
        Sides 19-22 -0.0 Units
        Total 24-21 +5.5 Units

April
        Overall 61-44 +47.1 Units
        Sides 28-28 +4.0 Units
        Totals 33-16 +43.1 Units

Comment

LMFAO, I just now took the time to read the basketball write ups and find it quite homorous that just after he gets done saying that he and 4 buddies from the YMCA could beat Temple, he takes them 2 picks later :laughing:

Comment

LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL:laughing:...this guy is something else..the problem is that I really LIKED Butler..........Did you see the part about playing the temple coach in high school..how that relates to his coaching style now is beyond me LOL!:puke:...liking the Redhawks from MIAMI OH now!

Comment

Guy is almost laughable, and not because of his jokes....he talks as if Penn State, and Ball State are some kind of offensive juggernauts! PSU has played Sacred Heart and Robert Morris and did score 87 and 80 against those teams. If you throw out those games, PSU have averaged 60 point against Davidson, UVA, Tulane and Penn. Ball State meanwhile averages 57ppg and that includes games against SIU Edwardsville, UC Davis and a season low 38 vs. Butler!

And he does make it seem like Charlie Coles coaches Temple when in fact he coaches Miami, OH.......

:puke:
              Batman: "If you can't spend it, money's just a lot of worthless paper, isn't it?" :phew:

Comment

Always happy to add some humor to this site............Lang cracks me up......:laughing:
                On Georgetown tonight......:beerbang:
                Last edited by deadheadct; 12-08-2009, 05:53 PM.
                In the land of the dark, the ship of the sun is drivin' by
                The Grateful Dead..........
                "The Egyptian book of the Dead"

Comment

ummm tell me how you can line up in 5 wides and run behind the right tackle michael ohre lol or how you can line up 5 wides and run a quick hitter to the fullback lmao. This guy is such a joke. I can't wait to read the ncaabb now.

Comment

Working...
                  X