X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lang

BRANDON LANG

Wednesday's Selection...

15 DIME - NEW MEXICO LOBOS - Love this Lobos team.

I have to admitt, I really couldn't figure out why Steve Alford bolted his coaching spot in the Big Ten with Iowa to head down to New Mexico, but obviously he had his reasons.

He has slowly put together a very strong program and his recruiting class was rated top 20 by rivals.com.

They return 3 starters from last years 24-8 squad and a bench player from last year, Darington Hobson is their leading scorer this year at over 18 points a game.

They have won every game this year, covered every game this year with exception of a push last game out at home versus New Mexico State winning by 17, falling right on the number.

Let it be known they jumped out to a 23 point halftime lead and built the lead to as high as 26 before Alford called off the dogs.

This team is balanced getting contributions from everyone and Alford says he really likes this squad a lot.

In their 2 road games this year they beat Hawaii by 10, and New Mexico State by 12, and they have won every game this year by double digits with exception of an 8 point win at home over Cal laying 5 1/2.

Their margins of victory are 16, 10, 24, 29, 25, 12, and 17.

San Diego came out of the box swinging beating Stanford, and winning 4 of their first 5 covering all 4 lined games but they have fallen losing their last 4 SU and ATS.

What is even more alarming is the 37 point loss to Washington State on a neutral floor and 32 at Fresno without leading scorer Brandon Johnson, who was suspended for disciplinary reasons.

When your best player is getting suspended this early in the year the tone of your team changes and you add the fact of an early 4 game losing streak, all is not well in sunny San Diego.

I am backing the more consistent team, which has played great basketball all year long to manhandle the Toros and do what they have done in every game this year, win by 8 points or more.

FREE SELECTION - CONNECTICUT HUSKIES
    In the land of the dark, the ship of the sun is drivin' by
    The Grateful Dead..........
    "The Egyptian book of the Dead"
Working...
X