• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JoePa's 1/12 Baskets

JOEPA'S UPDATED YTD: 180 - 150 - 5
    UNITS: +12.00
    1/11: 2 - 3
    MAC: 34 - 20 - 1

Lost several close ones last night.......or it could have been a very profitable evening!
    Saw this first one last night and tried to grab it at +4 but the line dropped too quickly!

KENT STATE +3 @ Miami, OH W.......would rather have a loss and a Kent win....blew it in regulation & OT
    BAYLOR -5 @ Colorado L
    NORTHERN IOWA -13.5 vs. Bradley L
    NORTH CAROLINA STATE +10.5 @ Florida State W
    WAKE FOREST -3.5 vs. Maryland L......by 1.5 pts
    MISERY STATE -5.5 @ Drake L........SU
    IOWA -12.5 vs. Tennessee State L

Decided to layoff that smelly UK/FLA line....lots of line movement, Kent now +1.5, NCst now +11 from +9, Wake dropped from -4.5 to -3.5, Baylor dropped from -5.5 to -3.5.

OVEN MITT YTD: 22 - 19 - 1
    1/10: 0 - 1

"DEFINITELY"
    KANSAS STATE -9 vs. Texas A&M W

GL to ya! :)
    Last edited by joepa66; 01-13-2010, 08:09 AM.
    Batman: "If you can't spend it, money's just a lot of worthless paper, isn't it?" :phew:

GL today Joepa, Im already on Baylor as well, that line is gonna do some serious movement I suspect. I am doing awful lately, Im down to my orginal deposit (with bonus included). I havend been in this spot since mid december. I am picking really close ones though.

funny story, The Siena game, I was following it on ESPN.com and the game was finalized 82-64, I thought I had finally picked a good one, and went to bed happy, I get up this morning and see my account didn't get credited the win, so I'm thinking wtf, somehow the score was wrong there and on covers for a good 2 hours. :(
    Last Wager placed 01/11/09 - Loss
    Taking a sabbatical from wagering

Comment

Same story here bro. Went to bed thinking I had a winner because that was the final posted on the ESPN scoreboard as well. Got up and looked at the scores this morning and saw it differently. When I looked at the play by play chart they must have credited the last back of the game to Siena instead the opponent!

:bang:

Just keep you head in it and don't second guess yourself and talk yourself out of picks and into other ones. Trust your capping. I used to feel that way sometimes after an 0-6 day like I had Sunday. But you just have to keep working and checking your process to see what you might have missed and not get discouraged or panic. Sometimes a step away for a day or two might help and just picks games on the side with no wager and watch them to see what pans out.

:thumbs:

I was very surprised to see the Baylor line so low......
      Batman: "If you can't spend it, money's just a lot of worthless paper, isn't it?" :phew:

Comment

I know what your talking about about talking myself out of things, I talked myself out of the Nova/KY over last night because I saw to much action on it, I like to play games with smaller action, but I would of hit at least one, last night with all my bets I went 0-2
        Last Wager placed 01/11/09 - Loss
        Taking a sabbatical from wagering

Comment

Good Luck!
          Go Flashes!!!:thumbs:

Comment

JOEPA'S UPDATED YTD: 182 - 155 - 5
            UNITS: +9.00
            1/12: 2 - 5
            MAC: 35 - 20 - 1 [1/12: 1 - 0]

:puke:

OVEN MITT YTD: 22 - 19 - 1
            1/12: 1 - 0
            Last edited by joepa66; 01-13-2010, 10:02 AM.

Comment

:puke::puke::puke:

THREE CHANCES TO WIN AND THEY BLEW ALL THREE! A MISSED LAYUP IN REGULATION AND TURNOVER AND MISSED SHOT AND TIP ALL WITHIN 11 SECONDS OF OT!

Kent State Falls At Miami 55-53 In Overtime
              Golden Flashes unable to hang onto 13 point half time lead
              Courtesy: Kent State Athletic Communications
              Release: 01/12/2010

OXFORD, Ohio – Kent State (10-6; 1-1) allowed just 11 points in the first half, but the defensive presence was not enough as the Golden Flashes fell to host Miami (4-11; 1-1) in overtime by a final of 55-53 tonight at Millett Hall.

Senior Tyree Evans (Richmond, Va. / Motlow C.C. [Tenn.]) led the Golden Flashes with a career high 23 points, but was the only KSU playing in double figures as the team shot just 33 percent (19-57) including a mere 1-7 in overtime.

“Tyree had a great ball game and shot it well all night, but if you remove him the rest of the team was 0-9 from three” said Head Coach Geno Ford.

Kent State led 47-44 with 1:09 left in regulation when Miami’s Kenny Hayes hit his only three-pointer of the game with the shot clock winding down to tie the game for the first time since the opening tip.

“That was the ball game,” said Ford, of the three-pointer by Hayes. “If that doesn’t go they have to think about fouling or we could have extend the lead there a little bit.”

After trading misses, the Golden Flashes called time-out to setup a final play. With time winding down, red-shirt junior Rodriquez Sherman (Indianapolis, Ind. / Ben Davis) drove the lane and dished off to senior Anthony Simpson (Rockford, Ill./Highland C.C.[Ill.]) but his lay-up attempt at the buzzer was blocked by Antonio Ballard and the game went to overtime.

An offensive put-back by Simpson and two free throws from senior Chris Singletary (Chicago, Ill. / Florida Prep) put Kent State up four (51-47) in the extra session. The RedHawks then rattled off the next seven points and took their first lead of the game when Hayes hit two free throws at the 1:32 mark. Down 54-51 Sherman made a pair of free throws himself to put KSU back down by just one with 42 seconds left.

On the ensuing Miami possession, the Golden Flashes forced a jump ball and retained possession setting up another opportunity to earn the win. A turnover however spoiled the opportunity with six seconds remaining and Miami extend the lead to two (55-53) with a free throw on the other end. With one last chance, a three-pointer by Singletary was just long and Sherman’s tip-in rimmed out.

Scoring was at a premium to start the game as both team combined for just 20 points in the first 12 minutes. The good news was that five different Kent State had scored during the span and the Golden Flashes totaled 15 of those points to gain a 15-5 advantage. Miami would fight back, trimming the deficit to 15-9 with just under six minutes left in the half before another strong defensive stand by KSU pushed the lead back to 13 (24-11) at the break. The Golden Flashes held the Redhawks to just 26 percent (5-19) shooting and forced nine turnovers in the first half.

Kent State went over four minutes without scoring to start the second half before Evans answered with his third three-pointer of the game. He would keep the hot hand for KSU scoring 11 of the team’s first 13 points in the period. Despite the offense from Evans, Miami managed to pull within six (39-33) on a Julian Mavunga basket at the 8:42 mark.

The lead was down to just two 46-44 three minutes later before Simpson’s free throw set up the clutch shot by Hayes.

Kent State tips-off a three game home stand on Sunday against Bowling Green. Game time is scheduled for a 2:00 pm start.

Comment

you've already played 330 games this season?

Good Gravy son of Jude.

GL :thumbs:
                :hide:

"Schooly D is fat cake yo."
                -Big Pimpin-

Comment

Working...
                X