• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JoePa's 1/13 Baskets

JOEPA'S UPDATED YTD: 182 - 155 - 5
    UNITS: +9.00
    1/12: 2 - 5
    MAC: 35 - 20 - 1 [1/12: 1 - 0]

AKRON +2 @ oHIo (I suspect by the end of day UA will be favored) W.........SU
    TOLEDO +13 @ Eastern Michigan L....by 2 pts.
    NORTHERN ILLINOIS +2 vs. Western Michigan W........SU
    DAVIDSON -6 @ Furman L.......by 1pt
    VIRGINIA TECH -3 vs. Miami, FL W
    GEORGIA +5 vs. Mississippi W
    GEORGIA STATE +7.5 @ George Mason W

OVEN MITT YTD: 22 - 19 - 1
    1/12: 1 - 0

"DEFINITELY"
    XAVIER -10 vs. North Carolina Charlotte W

GL to ya! :)
    Last edited by joepa66; 01-13-2010, 10:18 PM.
    Batman: "If you can't spend it, money's just a lot of worthless paper, isn't it?" :phew:

joe- if you get a minute today i would love to hear your take on the akron game. it looks like ur right about them being favored, already down to a pickem. i was close to backing ur boys wen they went to ohio and won the other day. after ohio blewout illinois st it seems like theyve been percieved to be better than they are.

Comment

joepa I really want to tail your games today considering their all MAC plays, but the lines have switched on me dramatically..akron is PK and No Illinois is giving 1.5 would you still take these teams considering the line movement?

Comment

Good luck tonight!!!

Comment

Originally posted by bringdownthehouse View Post
          joepa I really want to tail your games today considering their all MAC plays, but the lines have switched on me dramatically..akron is PK and No Illinois is giving 1.5 would you still take these teams considering the line movement?
          what is the likelyhood those small numbers come into play? i mean really, if your taking a team -1.5 you basically need them to just win, if they are plus 1.5 you still are basically going to need them to win. going from +2 to -2 to should not prevent you from making a play imo.

Comment

truth..kinda wanted some feedback though..my plays on ncaab have been brutal lately, losin some real close games by a point or half a point, so just tryin to pay closer attention..I made all 3 plays anyways..hopefully the line wont come back to bite me

Comment

Originally posted by TheBeholdah View Post
              joe- if you get a minute today i would love to hear your take on the akron game. it looks like ur right about them being favored, already down to a pickem.......
              Beholdah......The Convo is not an easy place to play, but you're talking about a young Bobcat team going up against THE most veteran team - Akron! The Zips are picked to win the conference this year and off to a great start. They have more depth than any team in the MAC so you won't get a break when they get into their bench. I also think that Keith Dambrot is one of if not the best coach in the conference.

UA hasn't disappointed so far this season. Probably the only stains on their record that includes 4 losses is the opening loss to APSU......they also lost on the road to NCState, Texas A&M, and at home to Rhode Island - another quality team.

The Zips are 3rd among MAC teams in scoring offense, 1st in scoring defense (OU is 8th), 1st in scoring margin at +9.8, 1st in FG % at 45%, 2nd in FG % defense, 2nd in 3pt. FG %, 5th in rebounding offense and 3rd in rebounding defense, 2nd in blocked shots, 1st in assists because they have so many scorers, and 3rd in TO margin.

They have OU and Buffalo back-to-back on the road in the conference and can't afford to fall behind. I think they can take this game SU and win comfotbably!
              Batman: "If you can't spend it, money's just a lot of worthless paper, isn't it?" :phew:

Comment

Originally posted by bringdownthehouse View Post
                BDTH....I think Akron wins this game SU but love having the +2. I just comfortable getting them as a dog and what a bargain. I would still lay the 2 and feel just a good about it. NIU may be the surprise team of the West division. I happen to think they keep this one real close but have a legit shot at pulling the "upset" over WMU. Not many people have given them credit since their team stats are marginal at best. However, I do think that these close types of lines in MAC games favor the home teams......

Comment

GL tonight JoePA
                  ---------------------------
                  '11 NBA 106-97-2 (-0.5 Units)
                  NBA ML 8-20 (-5.10 Units)
                  '11 NCAA BB 0-0-0 (0 Units)

Comment

Good luck Joe!!! :thumbs:

Comment

thanks joe, im with on you that one. also, steven coleman looks like a big loss for them

Comment

JOEPA'S UPDATED YTD: 187 - 157 - 5
                        UNITS: +12.00
                        1/13: 5 - 2
                        MAC: 37 - 21 - 1 [1/13: 2 - 1]

OVEN MITT YTD: 23 - 19 - 1
                        1/13: 1 - 0

Comment

hey joepa..youve been red hot with the MAC this year..who are you leaning towards tomorrow? buffalo or bowling green..bowling green 4-1 at home, buffalo 4-1 on the road

Comment

Tailed some of your winners yesterday. Good job.

Comment

Working...
                            X