X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• saturday

Two for me. Sorry not much time.

Dayton +6' 2 units
    Too much respect for the home court and dayton comes with more talent and experience.

Pitt -2' 2 units

Glta.
    MLB
    May
    Overall 43-43 +5.5 Units
    Sides 19-22 -0.0 Units
    Total 24-21 +5.5 Units

April
    Overall 61-44 +47.1 Units
    Sides 28-28 +4.0 Units
    Totals 33-16 +43.1 Units

Originally posted by Franchise View Post
    Two for me. Sorry not much time.

Dayton +6' 2 units
    Too much respect for the home court and dayton comes with more talent and experience.

Pitt -2' 2 units

Glta.
    GL, today...but I don't understand the "too much respect for the home court" comment when Dayton has not won at Xavier in 30 years. X has won by double digits at home quite a bit recently in this series. What does X need to do to get some home court respect in this series? Win 30 more years straight at the Cintas? It might be too many points, but UD has a monkey on their back with trying to beat X at X. It should be a good one.

Good luck today, but not too much. Maybe I'll tease X down and we can middle it.

Oh...and just for a little pregame trash talk...

JIMMY CARTER!!
    "You come at the King, you best not miss." Omar

Comment

Tough game today for the Flyers. They should have been up 15 in the first half but couldn't adjust to a closely called game. Xavier was able to keep it close at half without Jordan Crawford by hitting 18-19 from the free throw line in the 1st half. Wright wasn't able to get on track in the 2nd half after playing very few minutes in the 1st half due to foul trouble (he and Crawford kind of canceled each other out)....Crawford stepped up HUGE in the 2nd half and X takes another one.

We were able to middle that one...I teased X down to -1.5 and you got your straight cover. Think things will be vastly different @ UD in a couple of weeks.

And I must yet say it again...just to be a turd....

JIMMY CARTER...clap clap clap clap clap...JIMMY CARTER!! :beerbang::beerbang:

Nice call on the line, Franchise.
      "You come at the King, you best not miss." Omar

Comment

Thanks Nigel. As for the too much respect, considering most of these players weren't even alive during a good portion of the streak I don't really think its a factor for them. Especially because players from both teams mentioned wanting to win in articles but not seeming to really understand it.

I'm older than all the players (30) and have been a Flyer fan longer than most of them as well. But I don't see it as a big deal considering Xavier has been one of the 25 best programs in the country during that time and I don't expect to go in and win to a place against a better team in a tough venue.

But this year as I expected Dayton is, for the first time in a long time, clearly the more talented team and is more experienced. I didn't think it was either team adjusting to the calling of the game, rather a game that was rather poorly called throughout against both teams. Off the top of my head Crawford's 3rd foul was a joke. And without the difference at the foul line or Jackson's career performance from the arc or Crawford's two lucky shots or if UD knocks down any shots it probably would have been an easy UD win.

I'll be honest I was surprised that Dayton was able to outrebound Xavier by such a wide margin and that could be a big indicator in how the teams play going forward.
        MLB
        May
        Overall 43-43 +5.5 Units
        Sides 19-22 -0.0 Units
        Total 24-21 +5.5 Units

April
        Overall 61-44 +47.1 Units
        Sides 28-28 +4.0 Units
        Totals 33-16 +43.1 Units

Comment

Working...
        X