Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lang Saturday

Brandon Lang

30 DIME - VANDERBILT COMMODORES -Just not afraid of the big bad wolf.

Off their outright loss at South Carolina as the #1 team in the country, this very young Kentucky squad takes on a veteran crew from Vanderbilt who returns all 5 starters from last year.

The Commodores come off an outright win at Tennessee as a 6 1/2 point underdog.

Now they step up and face arguably the most veteran team they will face all year long and the fact I am getting a full 8 points with this veteran team is good enough for me.

You look at the run Kentucky has had and you will see some very average efforts and according to Coach Calipari, "We were very fortunate to win a few of the games we did."

They barely beat Miami-Ohio out of the MAC conference, 72-70 earlier this year. As well as neutral court wins over Stanford in OT by 8, North Carolina by 2, Uconn by 3 and at Auburn by 5.

I don't think people realize just how young this team is and when you are playing a veteran team like Vandy, who is road tested and road tough, you are going to be hard pressed to blow them away.

First road contest started early with an outright win at St.Marys 72-70 as a 5 point underdog.

After going 2-1 SU and ATS in 3 neutral site games losing to Cincinnati by 9 but beating Chaminade by 27 and Arizona by 12, they had their only stumble of the year.

At Illinois, they lost by 11 as a 4 point dog followed by a neutral site loss to Western Kentucky but since that loss, they have been an ATM machine.

They have won 10 in a row SU and 7-2 ATS covering all 3 games they have been installed as the underdog beating Alabama 65-64 as a 1 1/2 point underdog, South Carolina 89-79 as a 1-point underdog and the aforementioned Tennessee Volunteers.

Let it be noted that is the same South Carolina team who just knocked off Kentucky on Tuesday.

I look for Kentucky to be the 3rd straight #1 team in the country this year to lose twice in one week as North Carolina and Texas have already done it, let's make Kentucky the 3rd this afternoon.

30 dime VANDY

FREE SELECTION - GEORGIA BULLDOGS
    In the land of the dark, the ship of the sun is drivin' by
    The Grateful Dead..........
    "The Egyptian book of the Dead"

2 of my favorite plays of the day are

Kenucky & S.Carolina. Yippie for me that Lang is against me.
    I always turn to the sports pages first, which records people's accomplishments. The front page has nothing but man's failures.

Comment

Looks like I'm laying off the Commodores:laughing:.
      NCAAF '12: 11-16-0, -7.90 units.
      O/U:4-2, +1.80 units.
      Teasers:
      Rothstein's leans:
      Double Digit Home Dogs:9-7-1, +1.30 units.
      NCAAB '11-'12: 128-123-0, -10.80 units.
      O/U: 46-38, +2.80 units.
      Rothstein's "leans":
      Double Digit Home Dogs: 36-20-3, +13.10 units.

Comment

Wonder if Flyer et. al. will wake up today and bet the Cats now instead of the Dores! :thumbs:
        Batman: "If you can't spend it, money's just a lot of worthless paper, isn't it?" :phew:

Comment

Working...
        X