• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JoePa's 2/3 College Hoops

JOEPA'S UPDATED YTD: 240 - 218 - 7
    UNITS: -1.50
    2/2: 3 - 1
    MAC: 54 - 36 - 1

Still stuck at work minus The Mitt so I'll quiz he about the late games when I get home at 7:30PM.

NORTHERN IOWA -5.5 vs. Wichita State
    PITT +10 @ West Virginia (my Bunk P-O-D) L
    XAVIER -9.5 @ Massachusetts L.......way to go scoreless for over a minute of the last 1:42 up by 8
    GEORGIA -4.5 vs. Arkansas L
    UNDER 144 North Carolina Charlotte vs. George Washington W
    AKRON -13.5 vs. Northern Illinois (tell you why if you scroll down) W......might be my only win on the night!
    UTAH -9.5 vs. Colorado State L

OVEN MITT YTD: 30 - 24 - 3
    2/2: 0 - 0 - 1

"DEFINITELY"
    VANDERBILT -5.5 vs. Mississippi State

GL to ya! ;)
    Last edited by joepa66; 02-03-2010, 09:43 PM.
    Batman: "If you can't spend it, money's just a lot of worthless paper, isn't it?" :phew:

Originally posted by joepa66 View Post
    JOEPA'S UPDATED YTD: 240 - 218 - 7
    UNITS: -1.50
    2/2: 3 - 1
    MAC: 54 - 36 - 1

Still stuck at work minus The Mitt so I'll quiz he about the late games when I get home at 7:30PM.

Back in a sec.......

OVEN MITT YTD: 30 - 24 - 3
    2/2: 0 - 0 - 1

thanks for getting your thread ready....:ohman:

GL!...on all those....:beerbang:
    I am the M'bah a'Flyers Fan !

Comment

always busting somebody's balls! lol

gl tonight Joe
      Nobody spins the floater better than Phil Rivers. Nobody.

Comment

Originally posted by FlyersFan View Post
        thanks for getting your thread ready....:ohman: GL!...on all those....:beerbang:
        Need one of those fake spreadsheet screens for when the boss comes in.....heard him coming and got the hell out. He's gone for the day and I am also, well, just about! :thumbs::phew:
        Batman: "If you can't spend it, money's just a lot of worthless paper, isn't it?" :phew:

Comment

Originally posted by joepa66 View Post
          Need one of those fake spreadsheet screens for when the boss comes in.....heard him coming and got the hell out. He's gone for the day and I am also, well, just about! :thumbs::phew:
          i thought you were the golf coach...you have a boss.......:hide:

when is the trip down to SCAR? you going to be loading up the Van Bad News Bears Breaking Training Style and heading down again?

Comment

Giving Akron another shot.......Point Guard Humpty Hitchins is the engine that makes the Zips offense go by the defensive turnovers he creates and turns into easy baskets. Kent had 18 steals against this lowly Husky team on Monday night and Hitchins is back in the lineup after serving his one-game suspension for violation of team rules. They'll be looking to bounces back in a big way here with a two-game road trip coming up starting in Muncie against Ball State a team they have beaten 5 straight times! Must wins now that UA has fallen into 2nd place behind East leader and rival Kent!

Akron leads the all-time series, 17-8, but Northern Illinois has claimed back-to-back meetings. The Huskies scored an 83-79 win last season in DeKalb (Feb. 15, 2009) and an 88-78 victory during their last visit to Rhodes Arena (Feb. 12, 2008) – which snapped the Zips' 22-game home win streak. The Zips have won eight of the last nine meetings in the series held in Akron.

• The Zips have won a MAC-best-tying 15 games (MAC East leader Kent State is also 15-7 overall) and are the only team in the league to have ended its non-conference schedule with 10 wins (10-4).

• UA's 62-59 loss to Eastern Michigan on Monday brought its two-game win streak to an end and also closed its three-game win streak at home.

• At the halfway point of its cross-divisional schedule, Akron is 2-1 versus opponents from the MAC's West Division (won 79-70 at Western Michigan on Jan. 27 and 59-45 versus Toledo on Jan. 30). The Zips went 5-1 against the West last season (with the lone loss coming at Northern Illinois)----REVENGE GAME TONIGHT!

• The Zips have won two of their last three and three of their last five games, and are 15-5 after opening the season 0-2.

• Akron is 74-11 at Rhodes Arena under sixth-year head coach Keith Dambrot (10-3 overall, 3-1 MAC this season). The Zips have won 35 of their last 40 MAC home games and 65 of the last 75 overall outings on their home floor. UA went 11-3 (6-2 MAC) at home in 2008-09.

• Dating to last season, the Zips have won nine of their last 11 home games against MAC opponents. The losses in that span came on Monday versus Eastern Michigan and against Bowling Green on March 1, 2009 (50-46).

• The Zips are ranked No. 14 in the latest CollegeInsider.com Mid-Major Top 25 (comes out each Monday throughout the season). The squad was ranked No. 8 in the poll's preseason edition and was listing No. 20 last week.

• Akron leads the league in field goal percentage (44.3 percent) and scoring margin (+7.4); while also ranking second in scoring defense (allowing 62.2 ppg, among top 50 nationally) and field goal percentage defense (allowing 40.4 percent).

• UA has held nine opponents to 59 or fewer points this season (going 9-0 in those games) and has kept three league foes to under 50 points (topped Miami 69-49 on Jan. 20, Bowling Green 71-45 on Jan. 9 and Toledo 59-45 on Jan. 30). Six Zips' opponents have scored over 70 points (UA is 2-4 in those games).

• The Zips have held MAC opponents under 55 points in nine of their last 11 home games (the exceptions came in an 87-63 win versus Western Michigan on Feb. 8, 2009 and in Monday's loss to Eastern Michigan). Akron is 9-2 in those contests (also lost to Bowling Green 50-46 on March 1, 2009).

• Akron has held the advantage on the boards 16 times this season, but did so for the first time in four games on Monday against Eastern Michigan (31-28 margin). The Zips are 11-5 this season when they outrebound an opponent and 6-0 when doing so by double digits.

• Akron, the defending MAC Tournament champion, was picked to finish first in the MAC's East Division and was also selected as the league's overall preseason favorite (19 first-place votes) and conference tournament winner (19 votes) in a poll of league media. They have to start tonight to live up to that billing.

Comment

Originally posted by FlyersFan View Post
              i thought you were the golf coach...you have a boss.......:hide:
              when is the trip down to SCAR? you going to be loading up the Van Bad News Bears Breaking Training Style and heading down again?
              One of my many duties......alas, it's by far the best part of my job but only lasts about 3 months out of year. Heading to SC on Friday, March 26 and coming back on the 31st. Our season opener is on April 1 and another tourney on April 3.....first couple of weeks always horrible here, a mixture of weather. SC is a welcome site and we'll play 144 holes of golf in 4 days to get ready after hitting into the net in the gym for 2 weeks in early march! Wanna join us.....$10 a day all you can golf!

Comment

The Mitt's add at the top!

Let's get 'em tonight! I happen to really like our discussion threads and have forgotten how we had gotten away from them. It really helps and makes me do more capping that's for sure and also it's great to lean on guys who are really doing well, or doing well and have a handle in certain conferences.

:yahoo::goodjob::jiggy:

Comment

Not many people catch who I am. Way to go JoePa.

Here is a piece of history for ya!

Joepa first year at Penn St. was 1966 which happens the year Steve Spurrier won the heisman.:beerbang:
                  I always turn to the sports pages first, which records people's accomplishments. The front page has nothing but man's failures.

Comment

Here's a bit more on that history......JoePa started at PSU as an assistant in 1958 and started as the head man in 1966. Now that's longevity! He's been at the school for 52 years and most people don't even work half that long before retiring! And now Pa's 2010 recruiting class is ranked 8th so far today.......:glass:

Comment

hope the mitt cashes tonight...miss st is obsessed with the 3 ball, i think theyve taken only two shots inside the arc so far

Comment

4/11 from behind the arc and only 3 shots inside the arc so far in 13 mins of play.......:dunno:

Comment

Humpty Hump exerting his presence....10 pts. 4/7 shooting with 2 treys, 5 assts, 3 rebs.....UA do not blow this lead! :beerbang:

Comment

does Humpty Hitchens play on your golf team....:laughing::laughing:

Comment

one of the greatest names in the game right there

Comment

Working...
                              X