Nigel

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nigel

Anyone's thoughts on where the line will be at for X/UD on Saturday? With the way both teams have been playing I would be shocked if X isn't laying 2 or 3 points in this game. Even with Dayton's home court prowess taken into account. I don't know that I can recommend X but unless it is a strange line and X is getting pounded I think it will be a no play for me. Although I will be hoping for a UD victory to revive their season.
    MLB
    May
    Overall 43-43 +5.5 Units
    Sides 19-22 -0.0 Units
    Total 24-21 +5.5 Units

April
    Overall 61-44 +47.1 Units
    Sides 28-28 +4.0 Units
    Totals 33-16 +43.1 Units

It should probably be UD -3.5 to -4.5. If X is giving points, that is just crazy....not saying X can't win and cover a low number...but tomorrow is going to be really tough for X. What did Dayton win by last year @ UD? Like 15 or 16 points wasn't it? I don't think they'll win by that much tomorrow...but I wouldn't be shocked to see UD win by 8-10 points at all.
    "You come at the King, you best not miss." Omar

Comment

Really? After seeing how both teams that have performed (X very well, and Dayton pretty poor even in wins) I have a feeling that tomorrow will be the stake in Dayton's tourney chances. With all the shooters for X and Dayton's lack of closing out on 3 pt shooters I think someone has a big game for X. And it isn't like X hasn't won there in the recent past. Dayton isn't playing nearly as well as last year and while I think they have the talent to play better it just hasn't seemed to happen this year. They have gotten a lot better play out of Warren and Huelsman in recent weeks but no one else has stepped up and Lowery has been a negative. And they have to have Lowery be effective to have a chance.
      MLB
      May
      Overall 43-43 +5.5 Units
      Sides 19-22 -0.0 Units
      Total 24-21 +5.5 Units

April
      Sides 28-28 +4.0 Units
      Totals 33-16 +43.1 Units

Comment

It looks like you were closer to right...UD -2' and 136'. I think I will be looking hard at the under.
        MLB
        May
        Overall 43-43 +5.5 Units
        Sides 19-22 -0.0 Units
        Total 24-21 +5.5 Units

April
        Sides 28-28 +4.0 Units
        Totals 33-16 +43.1 Units

Comment

Originally posted by Franchise View Post
          It looks like you were closer to right...UD -2' and 136'. I think I will be looking hard at the under.
          i said UD -2....give me a nice piece of ass for my prize....:beerbang:
          I am the M'bah a'Flyers Fan !

Comment

Originally posted by Franchise View Post
            Really? After seeing how both teams that have performed (X very well, and Dayton pretty poor even in wins) I have a feeling that tomorrow will be the stake in Dayton's tourney chances. With all the shooters for X and Dayton's lack of closing out on 3 pt shooters I think someone has a big game for X. And it isn't like X hasn't won there in the recent past. Dayton isn't playing nearly as well as last year and while I think they have the talent to play better it just hasn't seemed to happen this year. They have gotten a lot better play out of Warren and Huelsman in recent weeks but no one else has stepped up and Lowery has been a negative. And they have to have Lowery be effective to have a chance.
            In this rivalry, I don't put a whole lot of stock into who is playing well/poorly going into the game. X gave up a 17 point halftime lead to UMASS Wednesday...they were down a point with 4 minutes left to play. Crawford saved their asses again with back to back three pointers. They looked dreadful in the 2nd half....X is definitely capable of ****ting the bed.

I think UD is going to come out and jump on X. The Flyers need to play smart basketball tomorrow....don't chuck up 30 three pointers...get the ball to your scorers in good position...hit free throws at a reasonable clip...and continue to play aggressive defense. If X can weather the storm, it will be a tight one.

Franchise, why isn't Dayton playing as well as they did last year? It certainly can't be the loss of Charles Little...that's the only change from last year's team. I have to question Gregory's coaching a little this year. Way too many 3 point shots from a poor outside shooting team. Plus, he does that hockey line substituting....how their good players can ever get in a rhythm on the court is beyond me. I look at a healthy team who lost only one player from last year's team and see that they aren't playing as well as last year...the only thing that I can point at is the coach. What are your thoughts?

p.s.....I hope you are cussing one Jordan Crawford tomorrow around 2 p.m. hehehe
            "You come at the King, you best not miss." Omar

Comment

Looks like Sharps are on Dayton. Line has bumped up a half point all the while the public is hitting X to the tune of 61%.

Can't argue with Franchise's record of 32-23 though. Pretty sweet!
              Last edited by Kevin; 02-05-2010, 09:29 PM.

Comment

I think the problem is Marcus Johnson has regressed a lot in his play and it actually started the last few games of last season. When he plays well it really improves their team as it gives a consistent third offensive threat.

I agree that it would seem like the constant substitutions might be a factor but it also seemed to work just fine last year. Maybe it seems like they are playing a lot worse than last year but that might not be the case. They were a bubble team last year most of feb and march and they will be in about the same spot if they can get the W against X. They have a few more losses at this point this year but they 5 of 6 have come against top 25 rpi teams so they aren't exactly dropping lots of games they should win. The Joe's game hurt but they definitely are better with Fabrizius available as he has great range and knocking down 2-3 three's in a row does world's for breaking scoring droughts. And he is their biggest consistent deep threat.

I felt a little more down on their season till I started thinking about your question. And seeing how the percentages are landing UD looks like it will be a play tomorrow. And I hope I'm not cursing Crawford, Dante or the midget tomorrow.
                MLB
                May
                Overall 43-43 +5.5 Units
                Sides 19-22 -0.0 Units
                Total 24-21 +5.5 Units

April
                Sides 28-28 +4.0 Units
                Totals 33-16 +43.1 Units

Comment

Working...
                X