X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monday Discussion

jump in on the limited card....

i really have 2 questions mostly......first

WVU -4 1/2.......i have seen many an analyst say that Villanova's ranking and record is a product of not playing anyone in the non conference (best win is dayton i believe) and a completely back loaded Big East schedule. What are people's thoughts on this game? WVU seems to have put things together at home and really, outside of beating Georgetown in a game they really didn't finish off strong, what has VIL done to make me back them today? I am not a huge big east follower so anyone with a good angle on this jump in. I don't like VIL off the loss and having to lay 4 1/2 points but maybe it's the right side??

TEX +1...........anyone feel TEX +1 is worth a play either on 1H or game? Lets be honest, KU has not looked anything close to a #1 team in the last 2 weeks. Escaped @ Colorado and @KState and then really was not real good at home versus Nebraska. TEX has MAJOR issues and i think they are like 2-5 in their L7 games. Anyone feel they circle the wagons here? I want no part of KU and you'll never convince me to take a team on the road laying points who hasn't been playing well, especially in this situation where you will have a pumped up team and crowd for TEX on big monday and with TEX desperate to get a good win under its belt. So it's TEX or nothing for me. Would like to hear some thougths on this game.

NMSU -2 is another intriguing game. NMSU beat LATECH in Rustin by 14 about 10 days ago. Now they are a 2 point favorite at home. LATECH is a pretty good road team and are 3-1 in conference on the road ("granite" they beat probably 3 worst teams in the league) and they also won at Houston which is a decent road win (january). I am thinking of backing LATECH in this one as Nevada beat NMSU @ Las Cruces earlier in the year so they are not infallable there. This game is for a share of the WAC lead tied with Utah State at 8-2. If LATECH loses this game they are a game back both schools and finishing 1st or second is big in this league as any two of the last 3 teams to make the WAC tourney (9th place finisher is assed out) should be easy pickings (hawaii, idaho and boise) so seeding matters.

any other games chime in.
    Last edited by FlyersFan; 02-07-2010, 11:27 PM.
    I am the M'bah a'Flyers Fan !

First let me preface by stating that I'm barely above .500 for the season, can't seem to get over the hump. But ...

Valpo -10.5 - Since a few of my local schools are in the Horizon League (UW-Mil., UW-GB), I've had a pretty good feel for this conference all year. Valpo is perhaps the hottest team in the league right now, sans Butler. Meanwhile, Ill-Chicago is quite possibly the worst team in Div-1. I normally don't like the big chalk per se, but I've cashed on the team against Ill-Chicago about 4-5 times this year (same thing with whoever plays Toledo) and Valpo should do it again tonight.

Not a Big12-Big East pick Flyers, I know how you have a fancy for the big boys.

Comment

I do follow the Big East quite closely. Right now the line is at 5. I think Nova is better than W. Virginina and the home court equals t out nd I think it should be a pick em game. more than likely I'm taking Nova. Also, definately taking KU over Texas. Texas has looked completely lost and the game where they beat Ok. St, they had a reserve (Hamilton) get white hot to lead their comeback or they would have lost that one too. The morris twins match up beautifully with James, Aldrich should handle Pittman and ansas has easily superior guard play. Take Kansas with confidence.:beerbang:

Comment

College of Charleston -7 at home vs Citadel

CofC is undefeated at home and 6-0 ATS last 6 at home

Citadel is around .500 ATS on the road, but I dont think they will keep it close in this one.

LA Tech at New Mexico State.

It doesn't look like the oddsmakers know how to line NMSU games.

New Mexico State has won outright as dogs of +15.5, +7, +7, +6.5, and +10.

They have only been a favorite or a pick'em 3 times and covered all three times.

They are a home favorite here, so why not? :)

Comment

I'm liking Loyola +20 @ Butler. Butler escaped at Loyola winning 48-47 2 weeks ago. Both teams shot rather poorly during the game. This is a conference game and 20 points is a little high considering Butler does not need this victory as they are well atop the Horizon.

Comment

Originally posted by Tamin View Post
            College of Charleston -7 at home vs Citadel

CofC is undefeated at home and 6-0 ATS last 6 at home

Citadel is around .500 ATS on the road, but I dont think they will keep it close in this one.
            This one is wierd, I would have set this @ 10
            Champagne for my real friends, real pain for my sham friends...

Comment

Originally posted by Underdog88 View Post
              This one is wierd, I would have set this @ 10
              I like CIT and definitely like Texas.
              Go Boilers!
              thru 2/3

NCAAF ’20 215-187-5 +75.19
              NCAAF ’21 200-169-7 +37.80
              NCAAF '22 239-216-14 +24.41

NFL ’20 128-110-8 +50.21
              NFL ’21 94-102-3 -15.37
              NFL '22 186-165-9 +54.63

NCAAB ’21-22 908-771-42 +196.07
              NCAAB '22-23 510-488-9 -43.13

NHL '20-21 171-154-2 +42.97
              NHL ’21-22 223-241-5 -65.79
              NHL '22-23 153-149-3 -21.97

NBA ’20-21 241-223-7 +11.97
              NBA ’21-22 282-266-6 -1.93
              NBA '22-23 225-246-9 -94.88

Comment

I kind of like Under 71.5 1st half in WVU/NOVA. I think NOVA will make a clear effort to improve the defense after being roasted for 100+. WVU has their issues with dry spells as well so I can def see this one in the 60's.

Comment

Working...
                X