• Show
Clear All

• Lang

Brandon Lang

20 DIME - DREXEL DRAGONS
    FREE PICK - MIAMI-FLORIDA HURRICANE

20 DIME - DREXEL DRAGONS -

Why not?

Bruiser Flint has his Drexel Dragons playing their best ball of the entire year right now and I don't see them laying an egg at Hofstra.

They have won 5 of their last 6 S, and are a perfect 6-0 ATS and for the most part it's been in very convincing fashion.

After a 71-48 road loss at Old Dominion as a 13 1/2 point underdog, they came home to hammer James Madison by 21 as an 8 point home favorite.

They then took care of this same Hofstra team 75-62 in a game that wasn't as close at the 13 point final would lead you to believe.

Drexel jumped out to an 18 point halftime lead, pushed the lead to 30 with just over 12 minutes to go and was still up 20 with 47 seconds to go before Hofstra scored the last 7 points of the game for the 13 point final margin.

Off that impressive win they went into Northeastern as a 10 point dog and won outright by 13 and then battled back from 10 points down in the 2nd half to get to cover over William/Mary losing by 3 catching 3 1/2.

I went against Drexel in that Bill and Mary game and when I saw they were coming home to play Towson State, I used them as a 5 dimer and it was one of the biggest blowouts of the year 97-55 as a 14 point home favorite.

They followed that up with a 13 point home win over George Mason as a 6 1/2 point favorite which leads us into this ballgame tonight.

As for Hofstra, since that blowout loss to Drexel they have won 3 of their last 4 but the 3 wins were against a pair of 7-17 teams in NC Wilmington and Delaware and a 10-14 James Madison.

Truth be told, a 3-6 SU run and 2-5-1 ATS run their last 8 gives me no confidence they should be laying points to any of the top tiered teams in the CAA, which I feel Drexel is proving they are up there with VCU, Northeastern and ODU.

In coming with a 30 dimer on Drake Saturday night at Illinois State one of the factors that put me over the top was how dominant Drake had been at home in their earlier meeting on January 17th.

Drake hammered Illinois State from wire to wire, jumping out to a 20 point halftime lead and coasting the rest of the way, much the same way Drexel did in their first meeting with this Hofstra team.

As with my Saturday 30 dime winner on Drake, I couldn't understand why Illinois State was favored by 10 and for the life of me I can't understand why Hofstra is favored by 1 1/2 over Drexel tonight.

I'm rolling with Bruiser Flint and red hot Drexel to make it a 7th straight cover tonight.

FREE PICK - MIAMI-FLORIDA HURRICANE
    Last edited by deadheadct; 02-10-2010, 03:01 PM.
    In the land of the dark, the ship of the sun is drivin' by
    The Grateful Dead..........
    "The Egyptian book of the Dead"

Originally posted by deadheadct View Post
    Brandon Lang
    20 DIME - DREXEL DRAGONS
    :cry: I already posted the Dragons over Jimmy Hoffa-stra! :cry:

Man I hate to root for Lang but........
    Batman: "If you can't spend it, money's just a lot of worthless paper, isn't it?" :phew:

Comment

Working...
    X