Thursday Discussion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thursday Discussion

Sorry I have been busy and missing this the last few days till later in the day. A couple thoughts on tonight's games.

UL -6 - I typically want to stay away from road teams and especially road favorites (just my tendency) but I have seen this year some spots to take advantage of a talented team on the road. And I think here we have a two teams going in opposite directions. UL has started to step up their play in the month since these teams last met while the Johnies have been in a free fall playing each game worse than the last. St. John's is struggling to find consistent scoring and the missed shots are leading to easier baskets at the other end. While UL has steadily been improving their FG defense in Big East play while also spreading the ball around on offense and being more unselfish leading to better shots. Anyone want to give their vote of confidence to the Johnies?

ND/Seton Hall - Would have played the over but the mess with Hazell makes me stay away from two very one dimensional teams.

Minnesota/Michigan - I won't be backing Michigan as it appears they have quit. I haven't seen any of the last few Minnesota games so I can say how they have looked although the results don't impress me. Personally I think it may be too many points in a big 10 game but Michigan just looks lost. Amazing that they were a top 15 preseason team.

There is only one Pac 10 game that jumps out at me but it seems too easy. Arizona -6' vs Oregon. How are the Cats only laying 6' to a team that is terrible on the road and hasn't been close to covering in their losses? And I know what it said about if it looks too good to be true...

Also considering Gonzaga who has owned St. Mary's. St. Mary's has to beat Gonzaga either here or in the WCC Tourney. Gonzaga also knows that and has typically beat down their little sister. I feel like St. Mary's has the ability to keep it close but I don't see them beating Gonzaga in their own barn. And at such a short number I would rather have the winning team.

I may go with a ML combo platter from UL, Minnesota, Gonzaga and Zona. I am also interested in the outcome of the UW/Cal game as I would like to see how UW's increased defensive intensity and increased laying time for Suggs works out for them.
    MLB
    May
    Overall 43-43 +5.5 Units
    Sides 19-22 -0.0 Units
    Total 24-21 +5.5 Units

April
    Overall 61-44 +47.1 Units
    Sides 28-28 +4.0 Units
    Totals 33-16 +43.1 Units

Anyone loking at Denver?

Know the fade is always in when they hit the road but someday they will get that monkey off their back.

Sitting at 5-5 in Conf right now.

I looked at the line last night and it was at +6, and it dropped to 4 today and now back to +5.5 so may have some steam behind it.

make take a shot with them tonight at MTSU.

Also like L'Ville and Minny for a ML parlay play possibly. May eat the juice and just use those two.

Also like Arky State +10 at West Kentucky off WK quick turn-around from playing Houston alreayd this week.

Comment

I like Stanford -3.5 at home over WSU. WSU is a bad road team. Stanford is a better home team than a road team. Everyone seems to be lining up to take the pts. Why?

Comment

Originally posted by Daws1089 View Post
        I like Stanford -3.5 at home over WSU. WSU is a bad road team. Stanford is a better home team than a road team. Everyone seems to be lining up to take the pts. Why?
        I like Stanford too

i like CAL better

at home laying 4.5 .. I'll take a shot with the home team ...

I think Cal is the best team in the conference. Christopher ,Robertson, and Randle are very experienced and offer you versatility and athleticism that i think is unmatched in this league this year .. Cal returns home in sole possession of first place after a four game road trip ... Cal is battle tested ( sos is 3 in the nation ) and well coached..

1 unit on the game -4.5
        1.5 units on the first half -2.5

I think the home crowd will be juiced up. Bears haven't played at home since January 23rd ..
        Keep em in the hole, Down in the hole

NCAA STR PLAYS YTD
        (5-6) -1.5

NCAA 3 PICKS PARLAYS YTD
        (1-1) +1 unit

NCAA ML STR PLAYS YTD
        (0-2) -1 unit

NBA STR PLAYS YTD
        (2-0) +2.5 units

Comment

cal out to a big lead

i can see them running away with this one in the second half getting up by 20 and using clock in some possession

under 84
          2nd half cal / washington

1 unit...

why not ..

Montgomery is a good coach, and they have a great floor leader in Randle .. I think under 84 second half of this game is a solid play :thumbs:

NCAA STR PLAYS YTD
          (5-6) -1.5

NCAA 3 PICKS PARLAYS YTD
          (1-1) +1 unit

NCAA ML STR PLAYS YTD
          (0-2) -1 unit

NBA STR PLAYS YTD
          (2-0) +2.5 units

Comment

GL Bunk-a-dunk you closet Pac-10 capper! :thumbs::laughing:
            Batman: "If you can't spend it, money's just a lot of worthless paper, isn't it?" :phew:

Comment

Originally posted by joepa66 View Post
              GL Bunk-a-dunk you closet Pac-10 capper! :thumbs::laughing:
              Cal looks great .. Could be a dangerous team in March will all this experience and a great coach :thumbs:

NCAA STR PLAYS YTD
              (5-6) -1.5

NCAA 3 PICKS PARLAYS YTD
              (1-1) +1 unit

NCAA ML STR PLAYS YTD
              (0-2) -1 unit

NBA STR PLAYS YTD
              (2-0) +2.5 units

Comment

Working...
              X