Second Half Oregon / AZ and Pitt WVU preview

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Second Half Oregon / AZ and Pitt WVU preview

Oregon has not gotten to the line a single time in the first half O free throws attempted for QUACKERS ...

I'm taking AZ second half -1.5 ... and under 75

each for one unit

if you can't get to the line, you can't score, if you can't score you can't win ...

If the 3 ball is not falling you have to find other ways , i don't think oregon has a plan B ... no balance for quacks this year is the reason they are not very good
    Keep em in the hole, Down in the hole

NCAA STR PLAYS YTD
    (5-6) -1.5

NCAA 3 PICKS PARLAYS YTD
    (1-1) +1 unit

NCAA ML STR PLAYS YTD
    (0-2) -1 unit

NBA STR PLAYS YTD
    (2-0) +2.5 units

Pitt/ WVU

Late start tomorrow for this one...9pm

I heard today that Jermaine Dixon is finally starting to practice full strength and that ankle of his is now 100%.Dixon has only missed one game with the injury. From what i understand he has not been practicing since he went down with that ankle about 3 weeks ago but he has been able to practice over the last few days ... That is a good thing as he provides leadership and is a solid defender .. I wasn't the biggest Jermaine Dixon fan last season or the beginning of this season. It wasn't until he was out of the lineup when i really started to turn the corner and see the little things he does to make this team play at their maximum potential. Dixon is a good slasher, he gets in the lane and is an adequate three point shooter.

About ten days ago these two teams got together in Morgantown and Pitt was embarassed.

In case you did not hear about this , there was some problems with the crowd. Crowd was unhappy with an early call and debris was thrown onto the floor. Huggins actually grabbed a microphone and asked the crowd to point out the offenders so security could throw them out. Then a Pitt coach was hit in the face with a coin thrown from the stands.

A minor skermish broke out midway through the second half as well .. A few technicals were called but it really wasn't a big deal. No punches.

My initial thought after watching that first game was that Pitt couldn't beat WVU at there place, at home , or on a neutral court. WVU has long guards. Pitt does not .

The game in Morgantown was decided by 19 points but in my opinion it was played much more competitively .Pitt twice cut 10 point leads to 2 and seemed to swing the momentum in there favor numerous times. Pitt was embarrassed because they allowed WVU to control the boards and dominate the offensive glass.

I think tomorrow you will see a very determined Pitt team. This is a huge game for them. They were embarrassed down in Morgantown and payback is on their mind for sure. Gilbert Brown and Brad Wanaker ( two of pitt's four players who average double figs ) did not score in the game. This is a double revenge spot as WVU knocked Pitt out of the BE TOURNEY in the first round at MSG last year

Brown is key tomorrow as he has the length to cover an Ebanks or Butler, Jones, Smith and also the ablity to score himself as a three point shooter and in and around the hoop.

Pitt must get off to a good start , they must get the crowd involved early ...

This is a big game tomorrow. I expect them to come out early with a great effort .

I expect WVU to be a 2 point favorite

I like the spot for the Panthers but i'm not crazy about the matchup. WVU is very good and they have a decided mismatch IMO because of their length on the perimeter.

One thing that i do know is that WVU fires up a lot of 3's .. Pitt has done a very good job of defending the 3 ball so far this year as teams are shooting less than 30%

I do think Pitt can win this game tomorrow. Probably a small play for me on P, I , double
    Last edited by BUNK MORELAND; 02-12-2010, 12:25 AM.

NCAA STR PLAYS YTD
    (5-6) -1.5

NCAA 3 PICKS PARLAYS YTD
    (1-1) +1 unit

NCAA ML STR PLAYS YTD
    (0-2) -1 unit

NBA STR PLAYS YTD
    (2-0) +2.5 units

Comment

Pac 10

good to me tonight

tough league to cap , but good to me tonight

:thumbs:

Sean Miller ( P , I , double alum ) has done a great job down there in Tucson ...

NCAA STR PLAYS YTD
      (5-6) -1.5

NCAA 3 PICKS PARLAYS YTD
      (1-1) +1 unit

NCAA ML STR PLAYS YTD
      (0-2) -1 unit

NBA STR PLAYS YTD
      (2-0) +2.5 units

Comment

Originally posted by BUNK MORELAND View Post

In case you did not hear about this , there was some problems with the crowd. Crowd was unhappy with an early call and debris was thrown onto the floor. Huggins actually grabbed a microphone and asked the crowd to point out the offenders so security could throw them out. Then a Pitt coach was hit in the face with a coin thrown from the stands.
        WVU crowd is a bunch of uncivilzed zeroes. they had to stop the OSU/WVU football game in Morgantown back in 1997 i believe it was because they were throwing wisky bottles on the field at the OSU players and the refs.

There is not a more classless fan base in all of sports than the WVU people....they should really be proud of that....:thumbs: (and no, that doesn't happen at every other school)

Go P-I-Double T...:thumbs:
        I am the M'bah a'Flyers Fan !

Comment

I like PITT tonight too. PITT a real good team at home. WVU is pretty mediocre on the road. I liked them early this season, but they have become an overrated team.

Comment

Pitt/WVU - The last game was actually 48-43 with 10 min to play and Pitt had the ball before a 22-6 WVU run that included the technicals and skirmish. Pitt had Gibbs missing free throws (like a 90% shooter) while John Flowers and Kevin Jones were making them for WVU to pull away. I can't believe Pitt is grabbing tonight but I like them. WVU probably won't knock down 14 3's in a row tonight.
            MLB
            May
            Overall 43-43 +5.5 Units
            Sides 19-22 -0.0 Units
            Total 24-21 +5.5 Units

April
            Overall 61-44 +47.1 Units
            Sides 28-28 +4.0 Units
            Totals 33-16 +43.1 Units

Comment

Originally posted by Franchise View Post
              Pitt/WVU - The last game was actually 48-43 with 10 min to play and Pitt had the ball before a 22-6 WVU run that included the technicals and skirmish. Pitt had Gibbs missing free throws (like a 90% shooter) while John Flowers and Kevin Jones were making them for WVU to pull away. I can't believe Pitt is grabbing tonight but I like them. WVU probably won't knock down 14 3's in a row tonight.
              I'm not gonna homer up .. But i love the spot .. I expect P , I double
              to win :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

NCAA STR PLAYS YTD
              (5-6) -1.5

NCAA 3 PICKS PARLAYS YTD
              (1-1) +1 unit

NCAA ML STR PLAYS YTD
              (0-2) -1 unit

NBA STR PLAYS YTD
              (2-0) +2.5 units

Comment

Originally posted by FlyersFan View Post
                WVU crowd is a bunch of uncivilzed zeroes. they had to stop the OSU/WVU football game in Morgantown back in 1997 i believe it was because they were throwing wisky bottles on the field at the OSU players and the refs.

There is not a more classless fan base in all of sports than the WVU people....they should really be proud of that....:thumbs: (and no, that doesn't happen at every other school)

Go P-I-Double T...:thumbs:
                P , I double owes these HOOPLEHEADS :thumbs: ... lol

I have been homering up all year . but i'm not gonna tonight

The spot is a good spot take Pitt .

WVU is too good though. And a bad matchup for Pitt . Mcgee could really be the difference if he has a good game. He just can't finish at the rim. He should of, COULD OF had 25 points in that first meeting..

NCAA STR PLAYS YTD
                (5-6) -1.5

NCAA 3 PICKS PARLAYS YTD
                (1-1) +1 unit

NCAA ML STR PLAYS YTD
                (0-2) -1 unit

NBA STR PLAYS YTD
                (2-0) +2.5 units

Comment

P-I-Double T trying to avoid taking an S-H-I Single T.......still fighting down 6 with 3 to go....:thumbs:

Comment

P-I-Double T trying to avoid taking an S-H-I Single T.......still fighting down 6 with 3 to go....:thumbs:
                    Boy what a win this will be if they can hold on .. COME ON :thumbs:

NCAA STR PLAYS YTD
                    (5-6) -1.5

NCAA 3 PICKS PARLAYS YTD
                    (1-1) +1 unit

NCAA ML STR PLAYS YTD
                    (0-2) -1 unit

NBA STR PLAYS YTD
                    (2-0) +2.5 units

Comment

oooooooooooooooooooooverrrrrrrrrrrrtime again...what a game

Comment

this chick is horrible doing the color...:bang:...otherwise an awesome game

Comment

West Vagina has no heart

Although this game will be touted as a "classic," this game had absolutely no reason to go to OT. W.V. misses 3 1-and-1 situational free throws in the closing minutes? cmon man!!! This WV team has no heart and stoped playing at the end of regulation. makes me sick. congrats to all the PITT backers, although you lose 999,000 out of a million times.....:puke::puke::puke:

Comment

Originally posted by Boston Backer View Post
                            Although this game will be touted as a "classic," this game had absolutely no reason to go to OT. W.V. misses 3 1-and-1 situational free throws in the closing minutes? cmon man!!! This WV team has no heart and stoped playing at the end of regulation. makes me sick. congrats to all the PITT backers, although you lose 999,000 out of a million times.....:puke::puke::puke:
                            i totally agree

WVU relies way too much on Butler and the 3 ball

no balance

they crash the boards hard though and get alot of offensive boards..

P

NCAA STR PLAYS YTD
                            (5-6) -1.5

NCAA 3 PICKS PARLAYS YTD
                            (1-1) +1 unit

NCAA ML STR PLAYS YTD
                            (0-2) -1 unit

NBA STR PLAYS YTD
                            (2-0) +2.5 units

Comment

this chick is horrible doing the color...:bang:...otherwise an awesome game
                              TELL ME ABOUT IT :laughing::laughing:Doris Burke :beer2:

NCAA STR PLAYS YTD
                              (5-6) -1.5

NCAA 3 PICKS PARLAYS YTD
                              (1-1) +1 unit

NCAA ML STR PLAYS YTD
                              (0-2) -1 unit

NBA STR PLAYS YTD
                              (2-0) +2.5 units

Comment

Working...
                              X