Nigel

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nigel

Thoughts on X/UF? I like Xavier to bounce back in a big way after their subpar showing last weekend. Considering they are the more rested team and the better shooting team I like their chances to get the W. Or are you going to talk me off the X men again?
    MLB
    May
    Overall 43-43 +5.5 Units
    Sides 19-22 -0.0 Units
    Total 24-21 +5.5 Units

April
    Overall 61-44 +47.1 Units
    Sides 28-28 +4.0 Units
    Totals 33-16 +43.1 Units

Originally posted by Franchise View Post
    Thoughts on X/UF? I like Xavier to bounce back in a big way after their subpar showing last weekend. Considering they are the more rested team and the better shooting team I like their chances to get the W. Or are you going to talk me off the X men again?
    To me these games are impossible to figure out and it's probably the LAST thing either of these teams wants right now....an out of conference game smack dab in the homestretch of conference play. I think both of these teams barring a complete meltdown are in the tournament as probably 8-10 seeds. FLA does have some quality wins and has been hot of late. X has done enough in the A-10 IMO and the freeking NCAA's are so bad this year that they both almost get in by default...lol...i can't even find 55 teams right now and these 2 are part of that mix so i don't see them getting bumped.

With that being said, neither team has anything significant coming up in conference play as far as a more important look ahead. The game probably means a tad more to X than it does to FLA, though, a loss at home for FLA wouldn't be great.

BUT....X has ZERO quality wins on that schedule IMO other than beating a DAY team at home that they have beaten there every year since the Eisenhower administration. But other than DAY they have been pretty competitive with a 4 point loss @WFU, 5 point loss @ TEM, 5 point loss to BAY away from home....only blowout was @KST.

I think the line is about right honestly. I think FLA wins this game and it's probably a pretty close game decided by 3 to 5 points. Best left alone IMO.

But those are just the opinions of FlyersFan and do not in any way represent the opinions of Predictem.com or management....:thumbs:
    I am the M'bah a'Flyers Fan !

Comment

Nice.
      MLB
      May
      Overall 43-43 +5.5 Units
      Sides 19-22 -0.0 Units
      Total 24-21 +5.5 Units

April
      Overall 61-44 +47.1 Units
      Sides 28-28 +4.0 Units
      Totals 33-16 +43.1 Units

Comment

This is a pretty big game for both teams. Both will get a top 50 RPI scalp if they can manage a win today. Xavier really needs another quality win as they have 0 quality wins out of conference and 0 quality road wins. If X can get a win today in Gainesville, barring a complete meltdown, I think they are in the tourney.

Richmond was able to beat Florida earlier this year....but I don't think that game was in Gainesville....think it might have been in Jacksonville.

Xavier is going to be well rested going into today, while Florida lost on Wednesday @ South Carolina. The matchups should be pretty interesting...I think down low its a wash or a slight lean to Florida. The guard matchups seem to favor X. Florida's two guards are 5'8" and 6'2"....so I think either Dante Jackson or Jordan Crawford should be able to get jumpers over Florida's smaller guards...guess it all comes down to whether they are falling or not.

If X loses today, their margin for error becomes very small. I'm going to wait until later this afternoon to see what the line does.

Maybe I'm being a homer, but I think this spot sets up nicely for X. They get the opportunity to get a road win against a 17-7 SEC team....they are lucky to get the opportunity to get an OOC road win in February....they have had a week to digest that ass whippin' they took last Saturday against UD and prepare for Florida.

I think there is certainly some value in taking a small ML wager on Xavier today...especially if the line goes up.
        "You come at the King, you best not miss." Omar

Comment

Working...
        X