Monday Discussion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monday Discussion

Anyone have any thoughts on the limited schedule?

UConn/Villanova - I think this line is about right but I expect UConn to get bet pretty heavily. I think this will be looked at as a bounceback spot after their poor performance and people will remember them almost winning at Syracuse. I tend to think this will be more like the games UConn played at UL and Providence. Nova will push the tempo and knock down the open 3. They also do a very good job of keeping teams out of the lane so they should be able to force UConn to shoot from the outside. Something they can't do. I think this may get out of control and unless I see something that changes my mind I am doing with Nova.

UVa/Maryland - This is a game where I expect a quality team to bounce back and shoot the ball better against a team that plays hard but doesn't do anything very well. Maryland has also blown out all their ACC opponents at home. Any thoughts?

That's about it for me on a quiet night. I think I am staying away from KU/A&M even though I usually like home dogs.
    MLB
    May
    Overall 43-43 +5.5 Units
    Sides 19-22 -0.0 Units
    Total 24-21 +5.5 Units

April
    Overall 61-44 +47.1 Units
    Sides 28-28 +4.0 Units
    Totals 33-16 +43.1 Units

really liking maryland tomorrow..thinking about taking the 9 point spread now before that spread skyrockets...

After taking G-town today...the big east is so unpredictable and I really don't even know what to make of it

Comment

i do lean to both of those chalks, not going near the kansas-a+m game. looks like a number begging for home dawg action but who knows.
      Maryland completely layed an egg on saturday and got run out the building by duke. at home theyve been great tho. nice bounce back spot, i think uva will have a tough time keeping pace. uva hasnt played too many tough road games this year. hoping for a better number. i dont think the spread will skyrocket as mentioned above.

the other game im lookin at is new mex st laying 11.5 vs hawaii. how the hell hawaii is being so competitive on the road is beyond me, may just stay away.

Comment

im going to stay away from the laying the points with nova. Uconn can struggle in the half court offense, cinci slowed the game down and uconn gave forth a terrible effort. i think they'll get out and run with nova and can keep it interesting. over is worth a look even though uconn only managed 48 points last game.

i think maryland will be only side i play

Comment

I may have to take a shot with

Western Carolina -6.5

Greensboro is 5-19 overall , Western is 18-8 and in my opinion a real contender come Southern Conference Tourney time

Davidson has owned this confernce over the last three years, but this year it is wide open

Tough to find anything with this small card but this seems like a decent play

Western has more options on offense.. Four guys average atleast nine points , good inside - outside balance for Western

First Meeting between these two :

Western Carolina 79-69
          Keep em in the hole, Down in the hole

NCAA STR PLAYS YTD
          (5-6) -1.5

NCAA 3 PICKS PARLAYS YTD
          (1-1) +1 unit

NCAA ML STR PLAYS YTD
          (0-2) -1 unit

NBA STR PLAYS YTD
          (2-0) +2.5 units

Comment

NOVA/MD ml parlay seems like the best option tonight. If you could find a 3rd team to put into that one then I'd got for it.

Comment

Taking a liking to UVA tonight! This team has the 31st ranked scoring defense in the nation only giving up 61ppg and their average differential in games this season is just over 7pts, with just a 4pt differential in conference games. They don't score alot but keep games close. I like them to keep this one closer than anybody expects.

Anybody else looking at the Cavs and seeing what I'm seeing or is my brain as fogged as these old coke bottles are getting with the 2+ inches of snow we've got on top of the couple of feet we already have?
              Batman: "If you can't spend it, money's just a lot of worthless paper, isn't it?" :phew:

Comment

It's the coke bottles Joe:laughing:. Should be a good game, couldn't decide on this one and if I have no strong feeling either way I try to make it a no play. I do like the over 134. I think these teams are going to put up some points.

I like Beholdah's take on the Kansas/ A&M game. That line is begging for dog action. It's so bad I went ML on A&M. Fat,crazy and stupid may be no way to go through life but, it is mine:beer2:
                NCAAF '12: 11-16-0, -7.90 units.
                O/U:4-2, +1.80 units.
                Teasers:
                Rothstein's leans:
                Double Digit Home Dogs:9-7-1, +1.30 units.
                NCAAB '11-'12: 128-123-0, -10.80 units.
                O/U: 46-38, +2.80 units.
                Rothstein's "leans":
                Double Digit Home Dogs: 36-20-3, +13.10 units.

Comment

Hey Nicky, I kinda like the over too. Maryland playing at the Comcast Center and should be able to push the tempo like they have all year at home. I look for their 3 point shots to fall in this game unlike what happened in Cameron.

A 72-63 kinda game would be a winner for the over.. but the total went from 135 to 133.5 so a lot of money came in on the under so who knows.
                  Nobody spins the floater better than Phil Rivers. Nobody.

Comment

western carolina is down to 5.5

I should of waited ...

It's a ****ty conference road favorite, but i just don't think UNC GREENSBORO has HOME COURT ADVANTAGE RIGHT NOW ..

an 18-8 team only giving 5.5 against a team with only 5 wins ...

NCAA STR PLAYS YTD
                    (5-6) -1.5

NCAA 3 PICKS PARLAYS YTD
                    (1-1) +1 unit

NCAA ML STR PLAYS YTD
                    (0-2) -1 unit

NBA STR PLAYS YTD
                    (2-0) +2.5 units

Comment

good luck tonight boys, i am laying off everything. not backing terps. enjoy the action fellas :beerbang:

Comment

UCONN / NOVA

Line hasn't moved an inch ..

I expect some late action to come in on NOVA ....

I figured this would have moved by now atleast to 10 .. I thought this could go as high as 11,12 ...

With Syracuse losing , i think Nova takes advantage of that unexpected loss by CUSE

One other thing.. NOVA doesn't play again until they trave to P, I double on Feb 21st ...

They can focus on UCONN and getting a win ...then focus on prep for Pitt ... Uconn's strenght is GOOD GUARD PLAY... Robinson,WALKER, and DYSON are not enought vs this very deep and athletic NOVA SQUAD ...

just my two cents on nova / uconn

Good Luck to everyone

NCAA STR PLAYS YTD
                        (5-6) -1.5

NCAA 3 PICKS PARLAYS YTD
                        (1-1) +1 unit

NCAA ML STR PLAYS YTD
                        (0-2) -1 unit

NBA STR PLAYS YTD
                        (2-0) +2.5 units

Comment

Terps & Over :thumbs:

Comment

Originally posted by BUNK MORELAND View Post
                            Line hasn't moved an inch ..

I expect some late action to come in on NOVA ....

I figured this would have moved by now atleast to 10 .. I thought this could go as high as 11,12 ...

With Syracuse losing , i think Nova takes advantage of that unexpected loss by CUSE

One other thing.. NOVA doesn't play again until they trave to P, I double on Feb 21st ...

They can focus on UCONN and getting a win ...then focus on prep for Pitt ... Uconn's strenght is GOOD GUARD PLAY... Robinson,WALKER, and DYSON are not enought vs this very deep and athletic NOVA SQUAD ...

just my two cents on nova / uconn

Good Luck to everyone
                            wrong again for me ... line just fell to 9

NCAA STR PLAYS YTD
                            (5-6) -1.5

NCAA 3 PICKS PARLAYS YTD
                            (1-1) +1 unit

NCAA ML STR PLAYS YTD
                            (0-2) -1 unit

NBA STR PLAYS YTD
                            (2-0) +2.5 units

Comment

Bunk,

That w. carolina line is just screaming for people to play western carolina.

Also, teams are never as bad as they seemed the game before and people tend to overreact. This could be the case with UCONN tonight. NOVA plays zero defense. None. So I have issues backing them with the high lines.

Comment

Working...
                              X