Thursday Discussion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thursday Discussion

A couple of thoughts for me...First, I will definitely be fading SLU when they face Temple and X. URI just took a dump down their leg in the last 10 minutes. They started chucking 3's and forcing shots while getting hammered without any calls. SLU also disrupted their offense by banging the point guard as he came off ball screens without a foul call. This strategy also worked against Dayton as their pg's weren't willing to bang the hedger hard to draw the foul. Without this hedge the pg would have been in the lane at will as SLU really struggles in on ball defense. Against the pg's for Temple and X this will not work as they are very good at drawing contact (especially the clown Holloway). URI also helped them out by missing layups and 4 straight FT's in the last 5 minutes as the game was tied or a 1 possession game. SLU has done well to win games but I they are physically outmatched the rest of the season and have been hanging on by a string (kind of like Charlotte before last night).

As for tonight

SU/GU - GU should be motivated and the line appears to be drawing in the requisite SU action. If GU is knocking down shots they can be successful against the zone. They have also played much better at home when playing good teams. Duke and Nova have been their 2 best performances when they were properly motivated. Anyone disagree?

Lasalle/UD - This line seems a little high although UD has blown out the last few opponents at home and needs a win here. I don't know about the 15 pts though. It will be interesting to see how Lasalle attacks UD with their size advantage and speed disadvantage. Will UD be able to knock down shots over them or drive around them?

Wisky/Minn - This line seems to scream play Minnesota. I just don't think I can back a team that is an underwhelming as they are. Losing Nolen seems to have had a bigger impact than the linemakers thought in most games. And at this point what does Minny have to play for? They couldn't get up for the Michigan game which was one they had to have to keep hope alive for the tourney.

All in all I don't think it's a good night at first glance. Maybe I'll be surprised when I look at the numbers a little closer.
    MLB
    May
    Overall 43-43 +5.5 Units
    Sides 19-22 -0.0 Units
    Total 24-21 +5.5 Units

April
    Overall 61-44 +47.1 Units
    Sides 28-28 +4.0 Units
    Totals 33-16 +43.1 Units

great points about MINN. I agree there.

I like MISS to beat VANDY. VANDY is still playing down to their opponents levels and with them being on the road tonight I think they go down.

Comment

The 4 games that are calling my name right now are GTown, Ole Miss, Minny and Marquette. The road teams are all getting hit pretty good in those games.
      MLB
      May
      Overall 43-43 +5.5 Units
      Sides 19-22 -0.0 Units
      Total 24-21 +5.5 Units

April
      Overall 61-44 +47.1 Units
      Sides 28-28 +4.0 Units
      Totals 33-16 +43.1 Units

Comment

I'm with you on G-town and Marquette. That Wisky/ Minn game does scream Gophers, the public is all over the Badgers and piling on as we speak. I think the books have this one wrong and are going to get worked. I like the Badgers by 6-9 points tonight. Minnesota is 1-9 ATS the last 10 and can't seem to get it together. Their last 5 games they are giving up almost 72 points a game, very un-Big Ten like. Wisky is mad on defense giving up only 54 PAG, crazy! The only factor may be Jon Leuer, in 16 games this season he's averaging 15 points a game he's listed as questionable and could be a big difference for the Badgers. He's been out a month. I'd like to see an update if it's possible he's a go. It's still a play for me at a PK for Wisconsin.
        NCAAF '12: 11-16-0, -7.90 units.
        O/U:4-2, +1.80 units.
        Teasers:
        Rothstein's leans:
        Double Digit Home Dogs:9-7-1, +1.30 units.
        NCAAB '11-'12: 128-123-0, -10.80 units.
        O/U: 46-38, +2.80 units.
        Rothstein's "leans":
        Double Digit Home Dogs: 36-20-3, +13.10 units.

Comment

Does anyone HATE the pac-10 in terms of betting as much as I do?

Maybe its becasue they suck so much or maybe all the team are equal but its seems like more dogs not only win, but BLOW OUT they fav in that conference that any other.

Last night was an example but its happened a lot this year.

Washinton loses as 9 point favs

Cal loses (althought I did have Oregon State in that one)

Washington State get blown out by 20 at home as 5 point favs.

Just a good conf. to stay away from but the lines always draw me in on Thursdays!

Comment

Working...
          X