10 dime - south florida bulls
    10 dime - wake forest demon deacons
    10 dime - vanderbilt commodores
    10 dime - western carolina catamounts

free pick - wright state raider
    In the land of the dark, the ship of the sun is drivin' by
    The Grateful Dead..........
    "The Egyptian book of the Dead"

Thanks DHCT......love seeing him against my Flashes! Just sorry they're playing against my good friends team Larry Hunter's Catamounts! :thumbs:
    Batman: "If you can't spend it, money's just a lot of worthless paper, isn't it?" :phew:

Comment

For laughs here are write-ups

BRANDON LANG WRITEUPS

Saturday's Selections .... NOTE:

Told you on Friday there was no need to press after two losing days, that my basketball opinion was just as solid as it's been the previous weeks, and then turned around and delivered with a 10 Dime Winner on Cornell over Harvard for my premium pick and Dallas outright as a road dog at Orlando as my free selection.

Today's card is massive with the Bracket-Buster games going, but I've narrowed the 100 or so games down to just five plays, all of them 10 dime selections.

These 10 dime plays are just as strong as last night's Ivy League Game of the Year winner on Cornell... just as strong as Monday's 10 dime winners on Texas A&M in its wire-to-wire cover against Kansas State, and New Mexico State in its 24-point blowout of Hawaii as an 11 1/2 point chalk.

I continue to rebuild the bankroll today and put finish a winning week on Monday.

10 DIME - WEST VIRGINIA MOUNTAINEERS

This is a dangerous team folks.

They are long, fast, quick, can shoot the longball and defend.

Now they haven't been as impressive as I am sure Coach Huggins wants them right now at just 7-3 SU their last 10 and a not so great 4-6 ATS. However, in facing Seton Hall today they catch a team they can hammer.

The Mountaineers won the first meeting by 6 in OT as 4- point favorite and now the number at home is a double-digit spread.

This has 20 point win written all over it.

With Seton Hall off a great win at St.Johns 59-50 as a 1 point favorite, they roll in here winners of 6 of their last 10 SU but just 4-6 ATS.

All told, this team hasn't really made anybody any consistent money all year with as their 6-12 ATS tells you all you need to know.

With the favorite 4-1 ATS last 5 in the series, I will gladly ride the Huggie boys to an emphatic home win today.

10 DIME - SOUTH FLORIDA BULLS

This team has potential to do some damage in the Big East tourney.

In watching them beat Georgetown back on February 3rd, I was very impressed with their balance.

In fact, they are rolling strong winners of 5 of their last 7 SU and 6-1 ATS.$ And they have been a cash cow all year covering 16 of their 23 lined games with a push along the way.

Now they get a St.Johns team off a 9 point home loss to Seton Hall which drops them to 4-6 both SU and ATS last 10.

What makes this a great spot for South Florida is the Johnnies struggles on the road over their last 4 on the highway.

A 16 point loss at UConn, 12 point loss at Rutgers, 10 point loss at Pitt.

Yes, they did figure out a way to beat the Irish in South Bend but as well all know, Notre Dame plays no defense and was minus their top scorer in that contest so we will give them a pass on that one.

South Florida has got to feel 20 wins gets them in the Big Dance and at 16 wins right now, this is a must win today.

They then finish with road battles at Villanova and Depaul and home tilts with Uconn and Providence.

Realistically, 2 of those games are winnable with Providence and Depaul which leaves the battle with Uconn to end the year.

That game might decide who gets that last Big East invitation folks.

So like I said, must win for South Florida and I expect them to get it by double digits.

Oh, and the fact they are 6-0 ATS as a favorite of 6 1/2 point or less.

South Florida rolls.

10 DIME - WAKE FOREST DEMON DEACONS

Went against NC State with Maryland earlier in the week and I will do it again today.

As I pointed out then, the Wolfpack has all fallen apart since their 14-point home win over Duke as evidenced by a 1-6 run SU and ATS.

They lost to North Carolina at home by 14 and Virginia Tech by 20, not to mention road losses of 24 to the aforementioned Maryland, 12 at Virginia, 2 at Ga Tech and 13 at North Carolina.

And then the loss to Maryland just adds to their misery.

Wake Forest is red hot covering 6 in a row and 7 of their last 8 and for my dollar, this is great value with flat out the better team.

You throw in an 8-3 ATS mark on the road facing a team with a winning home record and you can see Wake is the play here.

All Demon Decons.

10 DIME - VANDERBILT COMMODORES

They will play more physical at home today.

In the first meeting at Kentucky back on January 30th, the Wildcats just played harder in a wire to wire 85-72 win.

Vandy couldn't have played worst as junior center A.J. Oglivy so eloquently put it after the game.

"I don't think we would have been so disappointed if we didn't play so poorly. Mainly we were all disappointed in our effort. We weren't strong inside. We lacked in rebounding."

At 13-0 SU at home this year in their odd gym which puts the benches under the basket, I like them in a near pick'em to go 14-0 SU.

The Wildcats were good to me in during the week with the OT win and cover at Mississippi State but I have to go against them today.

It's all about effort here and after their embarrassing one at Rupp Arena earlier this year, Vandy will give maximum effort today.

Let me also point out with Kentucky covering the first meeting laying 8 1/2, the favorite has now covered 5 in a row in the series.

Let's make it 6 in a row and lay the single point with Vandy at home.

10 DIME - WESTERN CAROLINA CATAMOUNTS

This is a live dog today.

WCU rolls into here 19-9 SU and in my opinion the one of the top 3 teams in the Southern Conference.

Is a team from the MAC really almost 10 points better than them?

I don't think so.

Now I am fully aware of the fact they are on a 4-6 SU run and an even worst 1-9 ATS, but it's not as bad as it seems. In 8 of those 10 games they have been favored by 3 points or more and the other two have been a pick. So as you can see, some nice value with WCU today.

You look at the numbers and you will see the Catamounts 4-1 ATS last 5 non conference games and 5-2 ATS last 7 as an underdog of 7 to 12 points.

With the Golden Flashes a horrific 0-8 ATS their last 8 games laying between that same number of 7 to 12 points, the dog is the play.

WCU gets the cover.

FREE PICK - WRIGHT STATE RAIDERS
      In the land of the dark, the ship of the sun is drivin' by
      The Grateful Dead..........
      "The Egyptian book of the Dead"

Comment

LOL I guess the lang a tard is gonna count WV in his list of "solid winners" where his "basketball opinion was dead on solid" or whatever his nonsense line of the day will be tomorrow.

What a dickwad.

Guess he needs a few implosions to go his way after dropping about 420 dimes on the super bowl, not even counting the 0-5 on his prop bets that he didn't even assign a value to. "No way the Colts lose this game" he said. LMFAO.

Comment

Since 2/13 Lang is now

3-5 on free picks

10-12 -30 dimes (not including juice)

2-3 -10 dimes on saturday

I gave him WVU as a winner since it was -11.5 right before tip.

Comment

Working...
          X