Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lang

Brandon Lang Sunday's Selections .... NOTE:
    Coaching. Let me explain another example of poor coaching.

I lament about it all the time on radio. Coaches at the college and pro level of any sport is so bad sometimes you ask yourself how on God's earth these guys have jobs.

Vandy is down one. Kentucky at the line. 12 seconds to go.

First of all, I let Kentucky shoot both free throws first and then call time out so I can set up the exact play I want based on whether he makes one, makes both or misses both. Just want to make sure everyone is on the same page.

Nope, Kevin Stallings makes his first mistake and calls his last time out before his free throws.

Now he misses both and now down 1 Vandy brings it down and instead of dribble drive, making kick in the low post and work a little inside, outside if Kentucky doubles the post on Oglivy or plays him straight up based on the fact you are only down 1. At least I have some movement.

However, suprised he missed both, Vandy comes down in a panic situation and for reasons unknown to me, Dick Vitale calling the game and everyone in the free world, they kick it to a shooter who instead of driving thinks he needs a 3.

Of course it's blocked, the quick foul, GAME OVER.

Granted, it was a small losing day and who is to say Vandy would have gotten a good look had they drove to the hoop but all things considered, it was flat out another poor example of coaching.

The world is not ending. Still in position for a winning week. Need to rock solid winning days to get it but most certainly not out of the question based on the solid run I have had the last 3 weeks.

Now time to rally on Sunday.

10 DIME - CLEVELAND CAVALIERS

The Cleveland Cavs have not lost 3 games in a row all year long.

I don't see today being the first time.

Back in October when the NBA season first started, the Cavs lost their first 2 games of the year to Boston at home and the following night at Toronto.

They crushed Minnesota by 17 in game 3.

Then December 8th they lost at Memphis by 2 in OT followed by a 10 point loss at Houston the next night.

They came back home to beat Portland in game 3.

Now they find themselves off back-to-back losses to Denver at home by 2 in OT and the next night at Charlotte by 17, matching their previous worse loss by 17 at Washington on November 18th.

This is an angry bunch today.

As for Orlando, they are imploding right before everyones eyes.

They blew another big lead at home to the Mavs to lose outright by 10 bringing their current run to 4-3 SU their last 7 and 3-4 ATS.

What alarms me about this basketball team is how they are melting down against good teams in the 2nd half and that my friends is poor coaching.

Cleveland just knocked off Orlando by 9 in their last meeting and considering the fact the Cavs are 6-0-1 ATS their last 7 games as an underdog, this is good value today.

For the Magic, how about 8-20 ATS as a home favorite of less than 4 points which tells you they don't win or cover close games.

I just don't see Cleveland losing 3 in a row this afternoon and sure as hell not to Orlando.

Cavs are the right side.

5 DIME - DUKE BLUE DEVILS

Great spot for Duke.

At home tonight they get a Virginia Tech team they match up very well against.

The Dukies are on a 8-2 tear SU, and 6-3-1 ATS but they have been doing some serious money making damage at home in every ACC game.

Ask Maryland who just got rocked by 21, or Georgia Tech who got rocked by 19 or how about Florida State who got rocked by 14.$ Or how about Wake Forest who got rocked by 20 or Boston College who got rocked by 20 and Clemson who got rocked by 21.

Every single ACC game has been a blowout cover with exception of the Florida State game and they still covered that by 2.

The Hokies are talented but they are undisciplined and to be took you can't be that type of team and like the 6 ACC teams before them, they will go down by 20 or more today as well.

With Virginia Tech 1-4 ATS last 5 meetings and the Dukies on a 13-3 run ATS at home it's all Duke Blue Devils today.

Roll Duke

FREE PICK - ARIZONA WILDCATS
    In the land of the dark, the ship of the sun is drivin' by
    The Grateful Dead..........
    "The Egyptian book of the Dead"

OK doofus.....blame your ineptness on poor coaching decisions! All the UK backer crapped down their legs when the Cats called timeout and Vandy still had a great look at the hoop! :puke:
    Batman: "If you can't spend it, money's just a lot of worthless paper, isn't it?" :phew:

Comment

He should have started off this way..............

Capping. Let me explain another example of poor capping.

I lament about it all the time on radio. I suck at the college and pro level of any sport and it's so bad sometimes you ask yourself how on God's earth did I get this job?

Douche bag.
      NCAAF '12: 11-16-0, -7.90 units.
      O/U:4-2, +1.80 units.
      Teasers:
      Rothstein's leans:
      Double Digit Home Dogs:9-7-1, +1.30 units.
      NCAAB '11-'12: 128-123-0, -10.80 units.
      O/U: 46-38, +2.80 units.
      Rothstein's "leans":
      Double Digit Home Dogs: 36-20-3, +13.10 units.

Comment

For chrissakes now the Cavs lose their 3rd in a row? :bang:
        Batman: "If you can't spend it, money's just a lot of worthless paper, isn't it?" :phew:

Comment

....excuses are like a-holes....
          Nobody spins the floater better than Phil Rivers. Nobody.

Comment

0 - 3 Doo Dah Land, Doo Dah Lang! LMFAO.............:laughing:

Comment

Since 2/13 Lang is now

3-6 on free picks

10-14 -45 dimes (not including juice)

0-2 -15 dimes on sunday

Comment

Working...
              X