Tuesday Discussion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tuesday Discussion

Ok back to the discussion threads. i had probably the greatest 3-4 weeks of my CBB gambling life from mid january to about the 2nd week in february and the last 2 weeks i am splitsville...i win one night and give it back the next.

going to start looking at tomorrow in a few. lets get some chatter going on these last couple games of the reg season and conference tourneys.
    :thumbs:
    I am the M'bah a'Flyers Fan !

FLA -2 over Vandy.....this IS probably the tourney for Florida IMO. They to to UKY on saturday and they aren't winning that one. They need this game oh so badly and i think can beat Vandy. They beat TENN by DD last Tuesday and Vandy is solidly in the tourney and can't win the East most likely anyway after being swept by KY.

UNC -4..........strange line. MIA(fl) stinks (so does UNC I realize...lol) but has UNC fallen to the point they lose this game at home? Small number to cover. Maybe build on the Wake win???

GTECH +7..........just seems like too many points IMO. Anyone on this on?

MRQT -2...........all of a sudden thanks to some OT wins they can smell a tourney possibility. LOU on the road for 2nd game in 3 days. Winners of 6 of L7 i realize. Tough winning b2b on the road in this league in 3 days. Anyone have something on this?

HORIZON Tourney....i admittedly have not paid a single piece of attention to this league. It was a run away for Butler and after fading Butler a couple of times early and losing i just said screw it. Anyone like any of these matchups and why?

Comment

Also O-H-I-O is playing for the top seed in the big10 tourney tomorrow in their regular season finale at home versus ILL. ILL is falling like a rock and has an RPI now of like 70 something. Looking at a 1H play in this one on OSU.

Comment

I have also been sliding since the discussion ended. Some other games that are interesting me are

Marshall -1 vs UTEP - UTEP is pushing for a bid and yet Marshall is getting a little early line movement.

Michigan +1 vs Minnesota - Minnesota got a nice win at Illinois can they get two and keep their bid alive? Bubble teams typically underperform when people think they need to get wins although Michigan isn't a team that I can trust after their recent performance when I have backed them.

I like FLA although Vandy can match them inside and does a great job getting to the line. Fla also struggles to make shots at times.

Nova/Cincy is also interesting since Cincy is hit or miss on their performance and Nova will be looking to rebound (which they have done well after L's). Cincy can also struggle to put it in the basket for stretches but their is a big size differential here. And Nova is being bet like people know the final score.
        MLB
        May
        Overall 43-43 +5.5 Units
        Sides 19-22 -0.0 Units
        Total 24-21 +5.5 Units

April
        Overall 61-44 +47.1 Units
        Sides 28-28 +4.0 Units
        Totals 33-16 +43.1 Units

Comment

Originally posted by Franchise View Post
          I have also been sliding since the discussion ended. Some other games that are interesting me are
          Michigan +1 vs Minnesota - Minnesota got a nice win at Illinois can they get two and keep their bid alive? Bubble teams typically underperform when people think they need to get wins although Michigan isn't a team that I can trust after their recent performance when I have backed them.
          I was looking at this game as well but feel the other way. Minnesota has won 3 of 4 including at Illinois on Saturday :bang::bang:, home vs Wisky, and very nearly beat Purdue up at the barn. I think they find a way to get it done tonight as it's also a revenge game as Michigan went up there a few weeks ago and beat them. The Wolverines, IMO, have thrown in the towel on the season and home court in the B10 isn't what it used to be it seems, especially in a game like this.

And as far the Illinois falling like a rock comment, I'm not sure where they are falling from since I don't think there is anyone out there (including myself, a damn near Illini homer) who would describe them as good. They are one of the most inconsistent teams in the country but a good part of that is the fact that they are a jump shooting team. No one asserts themselves on offense besides McCamey and a result of no one putting it on the floor and taking it to the hoop, they don't make it to the charity stripe much. They have absolutely no low-post presence as Tisdale just likes to pop 18 foot jumpers from outside as opposed to banging his 7 foot, 100 pound body on the low block and Mike Davis is too skinny too as he just likes settling for the 12 foot J's along the baseline if he doesn't get his points on easy putbacks from offensive rebounds.
          Michigan shot 25% against us the other day - they lost. We shot 31% against Minnesota on Saturday - we lost. The Illini are so easy to figure out - if they aren't hitting their jump shots, they are SCREWED.
          I noticed last night the line is 9 1/2 tonight and not sure if it has moved or not since. I don't know if Illinois can win but you know they are fuming about losing a third B10 home game as well as this is an extra revenge game as that OSU loss 3 weeks ago or so was the worst home loss since '76. DMac was outplayed by his former high school teammate Turner as well so he is going to have extra motivation. If the Illini can shoot lights out like against Wisky, they could very easily win straight up. If they shoot like they did vs Minny this past weekend, they'll lose by 30.
          Just my two cents - hope it's a good game regardless.
          Moose

"Don't give up! Don't ever give up!" - Jimmy V

Comment

Working...
          X