X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tuesday Lang

Brandon Lang Tuesday's Selection .... NOTE:
    Coaching.

Halftime is about adjustments in any sport. It's about motivation. It's about will power. It's about desire. It's about execution.

To allow a road team to put up 41 points on you in the 3rd quarter when you held them to that exact amount in the first 2 quarters falls squarely on Lionel Hollins and his players.

Portland came out in the 3rd quarter and punched Memphis in the mouth and the Grizzlies just sat there like Trevor Berbick to Mike Tyson.

Again, it's one of the frustrating things about rolling with the NBA. You just never know when these guys are going to pull a tank job and you just have to hope it's not on a night when you have a play on them.

I have spent so much time around these guys in Vegas in the off season partying with them, and it has given me a real insider view in to how they think at certain times during the season.

Don't get me wrong, it still won't stop me from releasing the NBA because you can find value, but sometimes the end result based on what I have witnessed has me shaking my head in frustration.

Oh well, time to make it 3 out of 4 winning days and keep this winning streak going. Nothing to it but to do it.

5 DIME - VALPARAISO CRUSADERS

Coming back with Valpo tonight.

This team has been pretty good to me this year and personally, they are undervalued tonight.

Now some will focus on a 5-5 SU run the last 10, but I will look at the 7-3 run ATS and in those 10 games.$:( Valpo has been competitive in 9 of those 10 with the only blowout loss in bracket-buster against Bowling Green.

They are 7-3 ATS at home for the year, split with Detroit losing by 10 at Detroit, and won by 4 at home, and overall they have won 9 of their last 13 conference games SU.

As for Detroit, they too are 5-5 SU their last 10 but a dismal 3-6 ATS in their lined games and all things considered, Valpo at home is the value play.

I've always maintained this Detroit bunch plays down to their competition as evidenced by their 9-21 ATS run last 30 facing a team with a losing SU record, and at 5-8 SU on the road this year - bad spot for Detroit.

You throw in Valpo's 9-3 SU at home, 10-2 ATS run last 12 in Horizon League play and a stellar 8-1-1 ATS run last 10 facing a team with a winning SU record and the home team is flat out the play.

Valparaiso advances with the home win tonight.

FREE PICK - MINNESOTA GOLDEN GOPHERS
    In the land of the dark, the ship of the sun is drivin' by
    The Grateful Dead..........
    "The Egyptian book of the Dead"

HA! I'm way ahead of ya Brandy.....I'm siding with the Titans! :thumbs:
    Batman: "If you can't spend it, money's just a lot of worthless paper, isn't it?" :phew:

Comment

Working...
    X