Phil Rivers 3/5/2010

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phil Rivers 3/5/2010

Yesterday was just terrible. I should have just wiped my ass with my money and lit it on fire instead.

Going to try an angle on this early game. Fordham truly sucks in every sense of the word, but I think with the game being at noon it will be hard for Duquesne to be firing on all cylinders.

Fordham +20.5 vs Duquesne ......WIN
    Last edited by PhilRivers; 03-05-2010, 02:10 PM.
    Nobody spins the floater better than Phil Rivers. Nobody.

I am going to tail your pick for a few reasons, first the Dukes have had less than two days' rest after losing a road game to St. Bonaventure, 92-80, on Wednesday night. Today's game was moved up a day to accomodate the scheduled WPIAL championship basketball games this weekend at Palumbo Center. This team is just looking for a win not a clobbering.

Fordham is trying to avoid becoming the first A-10 team to go winless in conference play since St. Bonaventure was 0-14 in an eight-team conference in 1992-93.

IMO that 20 is very enticing. :thumbs:
    NCAAF '12: 11-16-0, -7.90 units.
    O/U:4-2, +1.80 units.
    Teasers:
    Rothstein's leans:
    Double Digit Home Dogs:9-7-1, +1.30 units.
    NCAAB '11-'12: 128-123-0, -10.80 units.
    O/U: 46-38, +2.80 units.
    Rothstein's "leans":
    Double Digit Home Dogs: 36-20-3, +13.10 units.

Comment

good stuff Nicky! hope we cash it!

Comment

Adding Elon +9 vs Davidson (to win 3 units) .....WIN

This line moved from a whole point from +8 when it opened, which makes me slightly nervous, but Elon just took this same Davidson team a week ago into double over time. I think they'll be glad for another opportunity take them down and giving 9 points seems like a lot.

Last edited by PhilRivers; 03-05-2010, 04:03 PM.

Comment

Deleware +16 vs VCU .......LOSS
          Last edited by PhilRivers; 03-05-2010, 04:25 PM.

Comment

Bradley +3.5 vs Creighton .....WIN

Bradley has lost to Creighton twice this season. Once by 5 points and the 2nd time, just last week, by 9 points. I think it will be very difficult for Creighton to beat them a 3rd time, but to be safe I'll try taking the 3.5 points.
            Last edited by PhilRivers; 03-05-2010, 05:37 PM.

Comment

Elon looking like they might win SU.

Comment

:beerbang:Fordham:thumbs:
                NCAAF '12: 11-16-0, -7.90 units.
                O/U:4-2, +1.80 units.
                Teasers:
                Rothstein's leans:
                Double Digit Home Dogs:9-7-1, +1.30 units.
                NCAAB '11-'12: 128-123-0, -10.80 units.
                O/U: 46-38, +2.80 units.
                Rothstein's "leans":
                Double Digit Home Dogs: 36-20-3, +13.10 units.

Comment

Heck yes, Nicky! That was like an NBA game.

Going to add this one and try a real write up so if I win I can feel real good about myself, and if I lose... well I can drink a beer.

Detroit -2 vs Wisc. GB (WGB) (to win 1.5 units) .....WIN

I looked at this game for a while. WGB has the better conference record and has beaten Detroit by two points both times they have played this season. That being said I looked at the rosters and Detroit is far and away the bigger and more physical team. So I dug deeper and looked into both games already played to find out why Detroit lost.

In the 1st two point loss, WGB shot 55% from 3 point land (6-11) and Detroit shot only 36.5% from the field. Still only lost by 2.

In the 2nd two point loss, Detroit only shot 12.5% from 3 point land (1-8). They make one more and they win.

I didn't see the game, but maybe Detroit hasn't really had luck on their side. Either way the team with the lesser conference record who has already lost twice to the same team is favored by two points, so I'm thinking the linesmaker has a good lean to which team is going to win, hence my pick!

Last edited by PhilRivers; 03-06-2010, 08:05 AM.

Comment

GL today Phil......:thumbs: And, thanks for the concern bro, I really appreciate it!

Sometimes it's just so hard to walk away. And after many months/years of the pile of crap getting heaped higher and higher the darn thing got way too heavy. I'm the go-to guy when no one else can or will do anything and I just can't do it anymore. I only have 8 titles behind my name and the my responsibilities are freaking enormous!

:bang:
                    Batman: "If you can't spend it, money's just a lot of worthless paper, isn't it?" :phew:

Comment

Working...
                    X